Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, this and the rep boost will help me wipe out the rest of my ARs. Got Honorbound already, and thanks to a faction change 7th Legion. Did VE/Lightforged last WQ event. Probably going to buckle down and knock out Suramar and possibly Highmountain. I may just go ahead and roll another Horde character so I can do Voldunai/Zandalar.

On the leveling front I’m overjoyed the 100% is being extended- my only success has been an 81 BM hunter, but now I’ll probably get him to 120 along with two or three more- one for each armor type.

For the first time in a good minute I feel like they listened to the community. This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by longevity View Post
    it's just sad that the playerbase has to absolutely collapse before they finally starting implementing QoL changes to retain them or hopefully bring a few back
    Yea.... It totally that. It's not the fact that most people are stuck at home because of a pandemic.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Good. I was hoping they'd extend the buff until Shadowlands launch. There isn't really a reason not to. This is close enough.
    I hadn't felt like resubbing last month, so I missed out on most of the buff. Got in some decent leveling this past week, and nice to know it will continue to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    The rep buff only applies to Legion and BFA reps except the 8.3 reps. So it wont be good for classic races heritage armor.
    Yeah, but Classic races still get tabard reputation in dungeons. That never was any problem at all.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Blizzard could give everyone a gold bar each, someone will complain about it.
    But a gold bar requires me to get it converted to money which is work. EVIL BLIZZARD!

wow. i am surprised. they listened. good move. creates hope for more (looking at you, SL class feedback).

Hooray! I don't have to spend the next two days spamming dungeons for my alt

really nice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    So I assume this is now the expectation for every future expansion once the final tier is out a few months?
    no. leveling as a whole will be kinda devalued / overhauled / squished / made completely different than before. everyone will be brought down to 50.

that is the perfect time to let people do a lot more now and lock in a few new characters before shadowlands. sure, 1-50 in SL will be rather quick and a lot less hassle without the need to switch addons like you did with 1/20-110. but to raise another alt AFTER the expansion launches and you want to see the new stuff? a rather low percentage of players would do that.

blizzard picked a good time for this, mixed it with the opportunity to give something because of the covid stuff going on and didn't really impact the current game. win on all sides in my book and i can finally do my last heritage armor.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Yes!! Thank you, it's clear as day that this buff has brought A LOT of people. It's even busier in leveling zones than when there's new Allied races now!

No, this is not to be assumed a "thing" now. It's very clearly a result of Covid-19, was from the start. Once Shadowlands hits, there'll be zero need for 100% boosts in any case.

No, this is not a "response to a crisis in the community", it's a response to covid-19 and probably an unexpected success at that. Having it until the pre-patch will surely make a lot of people unable to catch the first period of this buff very happy.

I for one hope that we'll be out of the world crisis by the time pre-patch arrives, but alas... We can't know for sure, and seeing how flippant some countries are about it, we might not see an end until they come up with a cure.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-04-17 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yes!! Thank you, it's clear as day that this buff has brought A LOT of people. It's even busier in leveling zones than when there's new Allied races now!

No, this is not to be assumed a "thing" now. It's very clearly a result of Covid-19, was from the start. Once Shadowlands hits, there'll be zero need for 100% boosts in any case.

No, this is not a "response to a crisis in the community", it's a response to covid-19 and probably an unexpected success at that. Having it until the pre-patch will surely make a lot of people unable to catch the first period of this buff very happy.

I for one hope that we'll be out of the world crisis by the time pre-patch arrives, but alas... We can't know for sure, and seeing how flippant some countries are about it, we might not see an end until they come up with a cure.
    Maybe add flower, rainbow and unicorn images to your post i found it quite hilarious

I disagree...but who am i to know for sure? I actually dont know. (and neither do you)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Maybe add flower, rainbow and unicorn images to your post i found it quite hilarious

I disagree...but who am i to know for sure? I actually dont know. (and neither do you)
    Don't know what, exactly?

Because they literally stated in the first ever post regarding the buff, that it's a response to the extraordinary times we're currently in.
    Unicorns, rainbows and flowers huh? I wasn't aware that what I wrote is a fairytale of positive tidings. Or perhaps you're one of those people so enthralled with feels before reals that you see those things in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Blizzard could give everyone a gold bar each, someone will complain about it.
    Well yeah, who wants free level 30 crafting materials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen this forum more happy.
    Shadowlands looks cool, people are enjoying retail or classic.
    I love it!

Glad to hear they extended it, it makes sense.

Too bad I can't really take advantage of it, since I've already spent most of the expansion leveling alts... Got all of the heritage armors and classes at 120. Except hunter, maybe I'll get the last 6 levels on him. Or re-level a druid? Made a mistake of creating a troll back in cata, never as good as a tauren for gathering alt purposes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder when the prepatch is? How long did it take last time to get from alpha to beta and to prepatch? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Wonder when the prepatch is? How long did it take last time to get from alpha to beta and to prepatch? Anyone know?
    Looking at time frames from previous expansions won't help much considering the global pandemic.
    And I don't think that there's an established schedule between alpha, beta and prepatch neither. We already know that Alpha was delayed several times this time around.

Since they still say that SL will launch on or before December 31, my mind is at Prepatch in November. If we get it earlier than that, I'll rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Plus they even said the new leveling experience is much much faster then the current one so I imagine it won't be as extreme as the 100% buff but it will definitely be close to 70% faster than it is now by default which will be nice.
    it is much faster, the 1-50 in shadowlands without heirlooms is 30% faster then current 1-120 with double exp, and heirlooms, and exp pots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by longevity View Post
    it's just sad that the playerbase has to absolutely collapse before they finally starting implementing QoL changes to retain them or hopefully bring a few back
    has nothing to do with playerbase collapse, it has to do with the virus, and the playerbase aint collapsing anyways

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Looking at time frames from previous expansions won't help much considering the global pandemic.
    And I don't think that there's an established schedule between alpha, beta and prepatch neither. We already know that Alpha was delayed several times this time around.

Since they still say that SL will launch on or before December 31, my mind is at Prepatch in November. If we get it earlier than that, I'll rejoice.
    True. I remember an old post saying they're not allowed to develop any more BFA content as Activision wants to focus fully on Shadowlands, which sounds like in previous expansions they would still have been working on the current expansion at that point. But yes, a pandemic may slow things greatly indeed.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    True. I remember an old post saying they're not allowed to develop any more BFA content as Activision wants to focus fully on Shadowlands, which sounds like in previous expansions they would still have been working on the current expansion at that point. But yes, a pandemic may slow things greatly indeed.
    I sincerely doubt that they've got such limitations put on them seeing as how they continued making changes to and adding things to Live and 8.3 before the Pandemic.

It's simply impossible to predict anything, and it was difficult even before this pandemic. I truly hope there won't be a need to delay SL until 2021...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it is much faster, the 1-50 in shadowlands without heirlooms is 30% faster then current 1-120 with double exp, and heirlooms, and exp pots.

- - - Updated - - -

has nothing to do with playerbase collapse, it has to do with the virus, and the playerbase aint collapsing anyways

Haven't you heard? This game's had a perpetually diminishing playerbase since WoD, where the final number showed 4 million but obviously was actually at 1 million. BfA sold record copies despite having 500k players. It all makes sense, I promise!... If you run at full speed head first into a brick wall, that is.

Also, congrats on Alpha access!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-04-17 at 11:53 PM.