Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Covenent abilities are iterally not a fucking grind, you get them just by reaching max level, holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no grind, its literally just hit max level.
    there are upgrades, soulbinds and conduits.

edit: and legendaries

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Those are not part of the base ability.
    also those could not be talents, unless they wanted to addl ike 50 talent rows.

- - - Updated - - -

Legendaries are craftable, you can swap them out.
    seriously? legendaries have always been this way, if you crafted an item good for X spec, then swapped spec, it wasnt as good for that spec.
    if you wanna swap, be prepared to craft another legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Those are not part of the base ability.
    also those could not be talents, unless they wanted to addl ike 50 talent rows.
    ill need to search the wowhead pages (T_T) because of you

edit:
    Here you go

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311922/...ility-upgrades

upgrades to the cov abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Because this is an RPG and part of the game is playing a character unique to you? If you want to play a game where all the classes look and play the same then i am sure you will find another.
    Oh yeah. My Rogue is super unique if you just ignore the other million Rogues with the same gear, talents and abilities. You're right! Why didn't I think of that? WoW is all about uniqueness other than the fact that there's literally no uniqueness whatsoever, but that's okay that doesn't matter. Glad they're adding exactly one unique thing that will destroy balance, amazing decision making by Blizzard there.

7+ Year Old Account
    ill need to search the wowhead pages (T_T) because of you

edit:
    Here you go

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311922/...ility-upgrades

upgrades to the cov abilities
    yes, like how in the past if you crafted a healing peice, it was not good on a tank, so you needed to craft another.
    or if you got shadowmourne, but then switched to healer, you neeeded to get valnyr
    or if you were a prot pally and got your legiondary, then swapped to heal, you needed a new one.

also most of these are effects from Torghast, not soulbinds. these are upgrades in torghast.

soulbinds are the only current upgrades, legendaries currently only grant talent rows.

"We're unsure how these upgrades will be obtained and these spells could be out of date, part of the Torghast upgrades system, part of the Soulbinds upgrade system or part of the Legendary system.

I would personally guess that these upgrades are part of the rogue-like upgrade system of Torghast because:
    Some of the abilities reference Mawra (a Torghast mount), a currency called Phantasma (Torghast upgrade currency) and even Torghast itself.
    Many of these spell names seem very adventurer related, similar to what you'd find in a rogue-like game (like Slay the Spire) but they could absolutely be Soulbinds or Legendaries instead."

All of these are torghast, they have nothing to do with covenents.

the legendaries, have to do with talent rows.

Soul binds- generic buffs+effects your covenent neutral ability (speed boost for night fae, shield for necrolords, etc)
    Legendaries- extra talent, like the legiondary rings
    Those covenent ability upgrades- just torghast, so literally has nothing to do with anything.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-04-18 at 07:40 AM.

@FelPlague

For something nobody knows you sure seem confident about it.
    Im sure Ion said there would be upgrades for your covenants (i assume outside torghast)

It would be a sure way to never run out of things to farm...kinda funny if you think about it.

Blizz will seriously need to reprogram the entire system to quickly be able to change all this things.
    Not impossible
    But kinda weird
    Blizzard literally said that if switching covenant stuff is something people default too and they cant change that behavior they are gonna make it free. so. Its a last resort though

- - - Updated - - -

Its not really a grind though. Its gonna have a pretty easy to reach weekly cap yo uget while doing things you just normally do anyway. Playing the game you know. Sure if you wanna call it a grind because you dont want to play the actual game then...

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its not really a grind though. Its gonna have a pretty easy to reach weekly cap yo uget while doing things you just normally do anyway. Playing the game you know. Sure if you wanna call it a grind because you dont want to play the actual game then...
    I call it a grind because is timegated heavily like blizzard always does.

Im pretty sure u wont be able to max out all soulbinds on weeks...months yeah, probably.

7+ Year Old Account
    @FelPlague

For something nobody knows you sure seem confident about it.
    Im sure Ion said there would be upgrades for your covenants (i assume outside torghast)
    Literally played torghast today and yesterday
    those are all abilities available in torghast.
    that post was made before torghast, and in the post it says "we dont know what they are for"
    and well they ended up being for torghast.

The post you linked is a week old almost, and was datamining, they didnt know what the abilities are for. since yesterday we have been able to test torghast, and see these abilities are for torghast.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-04-18 at 08:00 AM.

@FelPlague

Sorry then Its just that you already burned me in the past with one of your "theories"
    I trusted you before and you were wrong

Ion said this though:

You'll have traits, trees of traits, Covenant specific legendary items, transmog, and more.
    There is a whole package of Covenant specific things. Covenant abilities are just a part of the package.

There are traits and trees of traits for your covenant to farm.

Agreed. Do the covenant story, unlock the talent in the talent row, period.

@FelPlague

Is probably this, Ion was talking about.

See the many currencies? See the upgrades?

https://clips.twitch.tv/LivelyCrunchyCheesecakeDBstyle

Here are the currencies:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpossibleDe...ulRuffGOWSkull
    Last edited by Roanda; 2020-04-18 at 08:33 AM.

I call it a grind because is timegated heavily like blizzard always does.

Im pretty sure u wont be able to max out all soulbinds on weeks...months yeah, probably.
    Call it timegated then

they arent synonyms

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I mean, the suggestion of these abilities as talents is fair enough...but why bother covenants? For cosmetics? The players who say "if it is only cosmetic, I won't play" also exists and has been vocal. So in the end..who do you listen to?

Probably not to OP who all he has to offer is that it is "unhealthy for the game" whatever this wishy washy line means.

Except they've not only locked abilities behind covenants, but soulbinds and they're talking about covenant specific legendaries and even more power locking.
    Beside the most succesful reputations dailies and other things have always been either cosmetic or very small power upgrades. Basically, optional stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    What are you talking about ?
    about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Instead of locking simple abilities behind grind, this looks like the same as azerite or essences.

I don't mind special abilities for a special content like Torghast, but special abilities for the entire game locked behind faction is just unhealthy for the game.
    While i get people not liking ability choices i do not get the whole "grind whining"
    There is no grind with this ability and second it is an MMO... grinds will always be here. In every MMO. They will never go away. So please just deal with it.

Whatever "successful" means in this context. Going all the way back, to the times that everybody seems to love to death...powerful items were locked on rep vendors in TBC. Powerful plans (Thorium Brotherhood) in Classic. Tailor patterns in TBC (Aldor / Scryer choice). Be Alliance if you want to be a Paladin. I keep hearing the game was great back then and went downhill after Blizzard changed too much.
    There is a BIG difference between locking plans / recipes / patterns and locking abilities

But we are not going to solve this. We have 80 posts here with conflicting opinions on the subject and in a year it will be another case of whatever they did they "didn't listen to feedback".
    The problem here is that they are not that listening, since they just moved the azerite / essences abilities from gear to factions, so yes, in a year we will be in the same boat as BFA

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    While i get people not liking ability choices i do not get the whole "grind whining"
    There is no grind with this ability and second it is an MMO... grinds will always be here. In every MMO. They will never go away. So please just deal with it.
    Their plan is to have a grind if you want to change your covenant, while we don't know exactly how that will work, we know that they compared it to the aldor/scryers method, and that means that is simply not viable to swap covenants to fit your needs in a reasonable way.

Grinds can be presented in many ways, a heavy grind that takes too long, is too slow, too boring, can discourage people from doing it entirely and that's exactly their goal: they want to have a method to swap covenants with a long term mentality in mind, but they don't want people to swap covenants as often and easy as they can swap azerite traits for example.

That's why i would rather have a new talent row. Let's imagine that you can unlock all 4 abilities as talents, your covenant choice will give you the first ability for free, but then to unlock the other three there is a increasingly heavy grind for each ability. I'll be fine with that as long as that means that once i unlock the ability i can use it as i use any other talent.

So having to grind is not the problem here, the problem is that the grind they have in mind is designed precisely so that you don't swap your ability.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

New talent rows? Character progression passed like MoP? No way. Has to be all borrowed power that they can strip away at the end of the expansion so you never go anywhere. Character, gear, and everything resets.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Alright but why?

The grind in vanilla outside of pvp was simply doing the content you enjoyed and getting a drop. Why should their be rewards tied to trivial content I don't enjoy for the content I do enjoy?