Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why are there so few mounts in the game?

For example, they already have like a dozen colors of the Zandalari pterrodax. Why not just put them all on the same vendor for the same price, like they did for the Netherdrakes? What purpose is there for locking us out of most of them?

https://warcraftmounts.com/unusedlooksgallery.php

And aside from that, why are they using the "new" (2012) gryphon and wyvern models on newer flightpaths but leaving us and old flightpaths with the outdated model from 2007 that looks like it belongs in minecraft?

Is there no one at Blizzard who can dedicate however many minutes it would take to fix these minor inconsistencies? I can understand not devoting resources to create entirely new models... But when theyre already there, not using them just comes off as laziness.

I might be butthurt that my zandalari mount is an ugly blue instead of the black one that I flew at the beginning of the Zuldazar intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I might be butthurt that my zandalari mount is an ugly blue instead of the black one that I flew at the beginning of the Zuldazar intro.
    Well, there isn't much to discuss here is there?

10+ Year Old Account
    If all you want is more recolors, the Alliance has you covered. We have been getting Horses since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    If all you want is more recolors, the Alliance has you covered. We have been getting Horses since 2004
    Alliance will probably get at least 12 new horses in Shadowlands

15+ Year Old Account
    Having just 400-500 ("few") mounts is a massive problem and really ruins the game for me.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    dude there are like 500 mounts in the game. that to me doesn't qualify as "so few"

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they make the BFA pterrordaxes when the Pandaria Skyscreamers are far cooler?

15+ Year Old Account
    There only needs to be one mount in Warcraft that isn’t.

Last edited by Misuteri; 2020-04-18 at 06:13 AM.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Indeed this is a big problem. In fact, that's the main reason I don't play WoW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by YEETmeister View Post
    Why did they make the BFA pterrordaxes when the Pandaria Skyscreamers are far cooler?
    neither are cool

There's a lot of new mounts, and quite a lot of new mount models too. This is pure bs

To be honest I think that there are too many mounts in the game.

Maybe if they focus on new models instead of new colors I'd actually care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ICCT20 View Post
    Hello i am Bilal

It was first decided by International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2007 that ICC T20 World Cup will be played after every 2 years. According to the schedule first T20 World Cup played in 2007 and it was hosted by South Africa. In the final match of this grand tournament, India defeated Pakistan.

- - - Updated - - -

Current champions of last Men’s T20 World Cup is team West Indies. is scheduled to start on Sun Oct 18, 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020 venue in Australia. This ICC T20 Men’s World cup would be a sizzling cricket event for all cricket lovers across the world. This world cup will definitely be the entertainer.

- - - Updated - - -

You must remember the last words of the Final of T20 world cup 2018, “Carlos Braithwaite remembers the Name”, after his glorious 4 consecutive sixes on 4 ball and especially in the Final of World Cup. What a wonderful moment it was for all cricket lovers.
    Do cricket players think that wow needs more mounts too?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    Do cricket players think that wow needs more mounts too?
    *crickets*
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go play FF14, GW2 or ESO if you want to know what a few mounts really looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard made a mount out of every possible mount model that Blizz has come out with, there would be a bit over 1.5k mounts in the game. As it stands, there's roughly 550 collectible mounts, not including those that have been removed or TCG mounts. Including those, there is nearly 620 different mounts in the game. If you count color variations of the mecha-cat and the goblin ATV, then roughly 630 different mounts in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

They need not add anything else for a bit, after the mechagon motorcycle I'm content. @400+ atm

Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    Alliance will probably get at least 12 new horses in Shadowlands
    I am actually looking forward to that, horses are my favorite kind of mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I agree certain colorations should be available I cannot agree that there are few mounts in the game.

A lot of them are recolors strictly used by NPCs to give the world a bit of flavor and diversity which is okay. And in a lot of cases Blizz needs to find out where they can add them without them clashing with the rest. I do miss vendors having more than one mount color though. We got a bit of this again on Argus, too bad the new talbuks(I prefer the old model, much more elegant) were never the most interesting mounts(in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There's a lot of new mounts, and quite a lot of new mount models too. This is pure bs
    Yes, but the post was about the recolors that already exist in the files that we don't have access to, for no reason. There are many colors of pterrodax mounts that we see in game but can't acquire, even though we can access one or two of them. It's weird and unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    While I agree certain colorations should be available I cannot agree that there are few mounts in the game.

A lot of them are recolors strictly used by NPCs to give the world a bit of flavor and diversity which is okay. And in a lot of cases Blizz needs to find out where they can add them without them clashing with the rest. I do miss vendors having more than one mount color though. We got a bit of this again on Argus, too bad the new talbuks(I prefer the old model, much more elegant) were never the most interesting mounts(in my opinion).
    Should have given this post a better title, to be honest. There are tons of mounts in the game, I'm just weirded out at the fact that NPCs have more that we can't use for no reason. Part of character customization should be picking the color of my mount, especially if those colors are already in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Im gonna take it you're trolling since its around 500 mounts in the game.
    No, seriously. For every mount in the game, there are like five recolors of it that we can't use. Prime example is the caravan brutosaur. Why is it green-only? Why not add different vendor types to the different colors that they already put the time into designing, at different prices or under different achievements? If it's to keep it unique, why not add those recolors to the same vendor for the same price with the same auctioneer on its back? There's no reason to restrict them as far as I can tell.