Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Also, congrats on Alpha access!
    yeah ive been playing a ton, got in day 1 cause of connections, and just been enjoying the heck out of shadowlands, and torghast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah ive been playing a ton, got in day 1 cause of connections, and just been enjoying the heck out of shadowlands, and torghast
    from what I've heard SL is excellent so far. haven't heard many complaints from people playing Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Blizzard can NOT get away with a completely positive thread, it is our duty to make sure that doesn't happen!
    Find me a COMPLETELY positive thread, anywhere on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes!! Thank you, it's clear as day that this buff has brought A LOT of people. It's even busier in leveling zones than when there's new Allied races now!

No, this is not to be assumed a "thing" now. It's very clearly a result of Covid-19, was from the start. Once Shadowlands hits, there'll be zero need for 100% boosts in any case.

No, this is not a "response to a crisis in the community", it's a response to covid-19 and probably an unexpected success at that. Having it until the pre-patch will surely make a lot of people unable to catch the first period of this buff very happy.

I for one hope that we'll be out of the world crisis by the time pre-patch arrives, but alas... We can't know for sure, and seeing how flippant some countries are about it, we might not see an end until they come up with a cure.
    No one who would ask those questions will have gotten to page 4 lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

On a related note, will actiblizz still be selling those disgusting in-shop max lvl boosts come SL and lvl cap60? I assume nothing else.

On the topic of character boosts, am I misremembering or were we once able to use the boost obtained from purchasing the game on ANY account under the same Battle.net...?

Got a boost from SL which is useless on the account I upgraded, but it's not showing on my other accounts...

On the topic of character boosts, am I misremembering or were we once able to use the boost obtained from purchasing the game on ANY account under the same Battle.net...?

Got a boost from SL which is useless on the account I upgraded, but it's not showing on my other accounts...
    You're correct, it did work that way in the past. However, what you're seeing now is not a bug, it doesn't work that way with SL.

It's nice to see they listened to players for the experience portion, I just hope they listen to players about adding the 8.3 reps to the buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sir. Thank you Blizzard for paying attention. Now that I know for sure when the shelf life is, I can make a good judgement when I level my alt.

Thank you again.

Once again Blizzard caves to the casuals, do they not realize how this affects the hard core raiders? How many raid tiers did this decision cost us?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh yeah! I'm definitely going to unlock all heritage armors now!
    If you don't particularly need to unlock them til after SL, I'd just wait for 9.0 since it would be significantly faster then. Even with 2x XP, it's still ridiculously slower to level a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It's nice to see they listened to players for the experience portion, I just hope they listen to players about adding the 8.3 reps to the buff.
    Why? 8.3 reps are still new-and-relevant content. Honestly, this rep thing is very generous of them that no one was really expecting. That said, all the reps (except mandatory-for-flight reps) will be pointless come 9.0 anyway.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    100% XP buff is a start, but what about 200% XP buff?
    Get all the heirlooms, the EXP pot, the 30% from Alliance PvP, and a Darkmoon top hat and you're all set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Once again Blizzard caves to the casuals, do they not realize how this affects the hard core raiders? How many raid tiers did this decision cost us?
    After extensive research, they found that changing the ending date from 4/20 to ?/20 was only a moderately demanding task, so they where able to get intern Tod to do it, and as such it only cost us a mid tier raid and the coffee being 5 minutes later then normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    On a related note, will actiblizz still be selling those disgusting in-shop max lvl boosts come SL and lvl cap60? I assume nothing else.
    I'd assume so because people want them. Some people just want to skip everything and go straight to max level which is fine. The price is suppose to detour most from doing that. Honestly I find it just as easy and quick to level to cap than to just buy a boost. So much more I could use the $60 on that would be better spent, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    You're correct, it did work that way in the past. However, what you're seeing now is not a bug, it doesn't work that way with SL.
    Don't think that is how it works. I have two active BFA licences, one copy of SL and it's active on both accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by longevity View Post
    it's just sad that the playerbase has to absolutely collapse before they finally starting implementing QoL changes to retain them or hopefully bring a few back
    You would like this PERMANENT?

Are you mad? It’s impossible lol, no mmorpg has this kind of permanent buff and with full looms plus war mode you have already a solid base buff to exp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    How many raid tiers did this decision of letting peoples alt's reach max (raid) level faster cost us? I'm guessing ... none

Quote Originally Posted by longevity View Post
    it's just sad that the playerbase has to absolutely collapse before they finally starting implementing QoL changes to retain them or hopefully bring a few back
    Yeah, a change like this should be a permanent feature, not a temporary thing. The acknowledgement that making leveling faster means it's more fun is also an acknowledgement that it currently isn't fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    You would like this PERMANENT?

Are you mad? It’s impossible lol, no mmorpg has this kind of permanent buff and with full looms plus war mode you have already a solid base buff to exp.
    Well technically it is permanent. In Shadowlands it will be faster to level without heirlooms than it is now with heirlooms and the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    How many raid tiers did this decision of letting peoples alt's reach max (raid) level faster cost us? I'm guessing ... none
    Well....I'm sure some will say we lost some. They could compare Korrak's and how people got mass amount and then we got Ny'alotha that many despise.

Note: This isn't my opinion, just saying someone will probably say.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Yeah, a change like this should be a permanent feature, not a temporary thing. The acknowledgement that making leveling faster means it's more fun is also an acknowledgement that it currently isn't fun at all.
    See first part of my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    When is this pre-patch suppose to happen? I figured the expansion was still months away easily.

Guess it also makes sense to do it now since we are getting a new levelling system.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    When is this pre-patch suppose to happen? I figured the expansion was still months away easily.

Guess it also makes sense to do it now since we are getting a new levelling system.
    No one knows for sure. I'm estimating at the earliest it being September since that is when the cloak caps out and doesn't make since for it to cap out in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No one knows for sure. I'm estimating at the earliest it being September since that is when the cloak caps out and doesn't make since for it to cap out in the next expansion.
    Aha okay thanks, so late summer the earliest no need to rush things in that case thanks
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-04-18 at 10:59 AM.

110-120 leveling still sucks anyway