Okay i have stayed completely blind and i'm currently on chapter 8 assuming This is totally a sequel not a remake, this is Final Fantasy 7: you can (not) remake and the ghosts are trying to keep shit on the original timeline but one thing talking to friends at the same or earlier haven't noticed They all agree Sepiroth does come off this far in as knowing more than he should but i also think Aerith, especially in scenes when sepiroth shows up, also seems to know more than she is telling Cloud. I'm wondering at this point if by the end of this game or later this all going to turn out to be Aerith's NG+ so to speak and went Cetrans die they get a do-over

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Okay i have stayed completely blind and i'm currently on chapter 8 assuming This is totally a sequel not a remake, this is Final Fantasy 7: you can (not) remake and the ghosts are trying to keep shit on the original timeline but one thing talking to friends at the same or earlier haven't noticed They all agree Sepiroth does come off this far in as knowing more than he should but i also think Aerith, especially in scenes when sepiroth shows up, also seems to know more than she is telling Cloud. I'm wondering at this point if by the end of this game or later this all going to turn out to be Aerith's NG+ so to speak and went Cetrans die they get a do-over
    I'm going with the view Remake means Sephiroth's attempt at remaking the timeline but also looked good as it can come off as remaking FF7 which it still really is outside of a couple of scenes at the end.

Second and third games, if there is 3, should keep the R theme with subtitles. Reunion needs to be one of them as reunion is a big theme in the game. Not sure what the other sub name could be.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Honestly, I need to play through the original again to refresh my memory because I remember it having plenty of ridiculous nonsense in it (Just like every Final Fantasy game).
    Yeah, I've never played the original, so perhaps I spoke too soon. I do fully intend to clear it after finishing up with Remake, though. This game made me extremely interested in visiting the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Man, I was absolutely in love with this game at first. But some things are starting to really irk me.
    The first being Cloud’s dance number at the Honeybee Inn. It was ... ridiculous and something so completely out of character for Cloud. It’d be like getting to Wall Market and Aerith being like “Hey Cloud, watch me work this pole! Didn’t you know I love stripping?”

Second is the entire ghost graveyard nonsense. Why is this shit in there? Shinra is about to drop a plate on top of Sector 7 but hey let’s take a few moments and watch these ghost souls float away. How maaagical! Ain’t nobody got time for that shit right now! That whole section took way too long and it totally killed the momentum for me.

Third is going back to Sector 7 after the plate fell only to find that hey it’s not as bad as you think! The entire area should be under what basically amounts to a city falling on top of it but instead it just looks like there was an explosion. There’s no way in hell we should just be able to walk up and find Tifa’s bar so easily, or even at all.

And that’s where I currently am in the game. I mean don’t get me wrong, overall I do enjoy it. The annoying stuff is starting to really pile up though.

The whole crossdressing thing is in the original game. The other stuff wasn't in but it totally fits the theme of the event. It is supposed to be something that is totally outside Clouds zone of comfort.

The train graveyard is once again something that is also in the original game. What Square did now was expand on the area and give it some actuall story to it. The reason why they went through the graveyard was because that was the only way to their destination.

If i remember correctly the sector plate above Seventh Heaven is not completely built which more than explains that the debris falling in that area not completely covering everything.

I’ve played through the original I don’t even know how many times. I’m perfectly what is in there.
    I never said anything about Cloud dressing as a woman. I said the musical number was ridiculous and out of character. Has Cloud opened up so much after working with Avalanche for a few days that he’s suddenly just perfectly ok dancing sexually with another person infront of how many people? That’s some rapid character growth there! Nevermind just an hour or so ago he could barely even high five Aerith...
    The train graveyard isn’t nearly as long and has no sideplot involved in it in the original. The focus of the story at that point is “oh fuck we need to get to Sector 7 asap!” Not hey let’s play with some ghosts on our way because we have some time to kill!
    And the plate above sector 7 was finished. Did you even watch the cutscene? You literally see the entire thing break apart. The plate above Sector 6 or 5 is being built.
    who really cares your getting more ff7 story than you can throw a stick at and how do you know cloud doesnt love to dance, he does what is needed.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

So basically you're happy with anything they give you, whether it makes any sort of sense at all? Bully for you. We shoulda stopped for a chat with Aerith's mom, see if she needs groceries or anything, before we headed over to Sector 7. It's more story! Who cares if it makes 0 sense :P
    it all makes more than enough sense, the graveyard doesnt take long at all to get through and not all the plate is going to land nicely over the old slums and flatten it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I’ve played through the original I don’t even know how many times. I’m perfectly what is in there.
    I never said anything about Cloud dressing as a woman. I said the musical number was ridiculous and out of character. Has Cloud opened up so much after working with Avalanche for a few days that he’s suddenly just perfectly ok dancing sexually with another person infront of how many people? That’s some rapid character growth there! Nevermind just an hour or so ago he could barely even high five Aerith...
    The train graveyard isn’t nearly as long and has no sideplot involved in it in the original. The focus of the story at that point is “oh fuck we need to get to Sector 7 asap!” Not hey let’s play with some ghosts on our way because we have some time to kill!
    And the plate above sector 7 was finished. Did you even watch the cutscene? You literally see the entire thing break apart. The plate above Sector 6 or 5 is being built.

I don't really understand how you can't differentiate between the high five moment which just shows how out of touch Cloud is with his social skills and the dancing sequence which was forced upon him in order to save Tifa. You can also see his disdain for the act in the beginning but further being pushed into it any finally relenting.
    This scene just further sedements the fact that Cloud has a growing bond with Tifa and even the other characters in the game and will try to do whatever he can do help them.
    This growing affection to his companions is also one of the large themes in the original game.

Yeah, it seems i was sector 5/6 that was being built. Sure this makes the fact that you can access the slums kind of odd but considering it litterally occupies what 5 minutes of the game I would say this is such a miniscule thing that it hardly affects anything.
    If you wanted to you could also argue that the sector wall wouldn't be anywhere close to enough protection to completely block off the falling sector plate from destroying huge amounts of nearby sectors. Not even mentioning the most likely massive amounts of tocis waste and whatnot that would also spread to other sectors.

Just finished, phew I can finally read all the black text in this thread now :P I think I'd rate it a 9/10. I had this really annoying bug where I'd open the map but it wouldn't appear for for like 5 seconds, happened throughout the entire game, but other than that, it's super polished. My really big drawback was the boss fights, when they'd transition between phases you'd lose out on potential damage and it just felt didn't feel good. edit - Oh and the stairs up to the plate, monsters flying off the edge of the map you can't reach because you only have melee so you have to kite them back to the map, so annoying. Only part of the game I didn't like, thankfully it's pretty short part.

As for the ending, I kinda get it. They were kinda screwed because if they just kept it as is, it would have been escape Midgar and that's it. It would have, anti-climatic idk if that's the right word, but the game needed a final boss fight. Idk if the way they went around doing so was the way to do it, it's obviously gonna upset some diehards, but the alternative would have sucked more IMO, so I'm giving it a pass. The end result didn't really change anything so it's whatever to me.

And another hats off to the amazing voice actors, hell of a job. Clouds VA is my fav but they are all amazing.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-04-18 at 01:07 AM.

God, I keep thinking about this game.

It definitely made an impact on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    God, I keep thinking about this game.

It definitely made an impact on me.
    I really want to get it, I'm dying to play it, I have the funds for it, but I Just can't talk myself into it...not sure why. I have a non-PRO or w/e PS4, so it won't be top of the line gameplay, but I don't think I'm too worried about that. I'm not sure what's holding me back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Well, I finally saw the ending everyone was freaking out about and uh.......that was something. This better not lead to what it seems like its going to. For about 95% of it, this game was a 10/10. They better not do it. There is still a chance for them not to screw this up but if they make one change in particular, the remake series will be ruined. You all know what I’m talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Well, I finally saw the ending everyone was freaking out about and uh.......that was something. This better not lead to what it seems like its going to. For about 95% of it, this game was a 10/10. They better not do it. There is still a chance for them not to screw this up but if they make one change in particular, the remake series will be ruined. You all know what I’m talking about.
    I just can't see them doing that because if they did it would probably dramatically affect sales of the game. Although some would like it and defend it anyways, many wouldn't, and there is really no reason to alienate anyone by doing that. But who knows, maybe they will ruin it.

There is no doubt that they are gonna change things moving forward. For example, I fully expect them to give Yuffie and Vincent, who were optional party members in the original, more prominent roles in the story this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I really want to get it, I'm dying to play it, I have the funds for it, but I Just can't talk myself into it...not sure why. I have a non-PRO or w/e PS4, so it won't be top of the line gameplay, but I don't think I'm too worried about that. I'm not sure what's holding me back.
    The game's capped at 30 fps, so the regular PS4 isn't actually that far off from the Pro for this game.

Cloud has always been reserved, yes. But he has also been the guy who does everything no matter what to help his friends. Him going all out isn't that odd. What would be odd is him just saying "nah" I don't help Tifa.

I'm not personally fond of that minigame either, mainly because there aren't anything different except aeriths reactions if you do absolutely nothing. If they added mistakes it would be more fun. I don't agree on that it changes his character though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I really hope they don't either. However the ending to part 1 actually gives a much better impact for what happens in the orig. Aeriths always seemed content with being killed. She accepted her fate. Now we see that she is actually scared at first and we try to change the outcome. I do hope this leads to that we can't change it to much and she is progressing to accept her fate again. Dunno, seeing her being scared at the end of remake instantly made the orig death more impactful for me.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

There is no doubt that they are gonna change things moving forward. For example, I fully expect them to give Yuffie and Vincent, who were optional party members in the original, more prominent roles in the story this time around.
    Yuffie's definitely part of the reason for the increased focus on Wutai.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Get it, it's the best game released for a long time. You'll be thankfull you did.

- - - Updated - - -

I see there being less optional content (if any). If Yuffie and Vincent are in the game, it won't be optional.

I need more Final Fantasy, I played FF7 original not that long ago (get Tifa's Final Heaven mod if you do it) so don't want to do that again, I've started a new FFX playthrough, my 2nd favourite to FF7.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-04-18 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Get it, it's the best game released for a long time. You'll be thankfull you did.

- - - Updated - - -

I see there being less optional content (if any). If Yuffie and Vincent are in the game, it won't be optional.

I need more Final Fantasy, I played FF7 original not that long ago (get Tifa's Final Heaven mod if you do it) so don't want to do that again, I've started a new FFX playthrough, my 2nd favourite to FF7.
    6 and 9 are probably my favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also have the base ps4. The game is still gorgeous and I haven’t had any hiccups so far up to airbuster. When/if you do get it, make sure you have space. The download was just shy of 90GB

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I also have the base ps4. The game is still gorgeous and I haven’t had any hiccups so far up to airbuster. When/if you do get it, make sure you have space. The download was just shy of 90GB
    Only difference in versions is resolution. Assets, settings and performance are identical on PS4 and PS4 Pro.

The game generally doesn't drop frames at all on either version and is a locked 30 fps almost all the time. So yea, no one should be holding their self back purchasing it due to lack of pro. Identical game at higher vs lower res is the only difference.