Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I don't get how that's the conclusion you drew considering I mentioned hitting 120 and swapping mains to new alts. Its not as if they aren't being played, I'm maining them. And now I have more mains to choose between because levelling is way easier.

I have about 5 characters at 475 ilvl at the moment that I just swap around doing various end game things like pvp/m+/raiding.
    and ? good for you i guess ? can borrow you some of mine have 13 on +/-454 itlv atm and i barely play -_-

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and ? good for you i guess ? can borrow you some of mine have 13 on +/-454 itlv atm and i barely play -_-
    If you took that as a bragging post that's your problem, the point is that they don't need to make an 8.3.5 because the current patch is sufficient and engaging enough to last until pre-patch.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Just like they let you equip every Legendary in Legion?

Just because theres a drought doesnt mean they have to throw balance completely out of the window.
    still blows my mind how they didnt increase the legendary cap in legion,i mean would it REALLy have been so horrific to do it in the last few months?the patch was rly long,even my casual mythic guild got everyone in guild the argus mount by the time bfa came

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    That's expecting a lot to assume they'd increase focus by 100%. They're barely focusing 10% on Shadowlands. 80% of Blizzard staff is devoted to creating hearthstone expansions to sell cards and coming up with new lootbox ideas.
    The power of pulling random statistics out of one's ass never ceases to amaze me. You just make yourself look like complete tool bro.

That's expecting a lot to assume they'd increase focus by 100%. They're barely focusing 10% on Shadowlands. 80% of Blizzard staff is devoted to creating hearthstone expansions to sell cards and coming up with new lootbox ideas.
    pff...i wish they actualy gave that much atention to hearthstone lol,but in reality the hs team is proly the smalest one,amusingly i think they said hots at one point was the biggest team

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    First of all, no they don't. Many expansions have left the players abandoned until prepatch, this will likely do the same. They are aware that the playerbase drops to record lows every summer and don't do much to change that.

Secondly, prepatch will likely be the only thing they have planned to do until Shadowlands hits. it's a matter of when that comes that is the question, but in alpha you can already see they are working on prepatch instead of saving it for later.

You missed my point completely. This is not just a summer without content...it is going to be a summer followed by a fall..and possibly even part of the spring depending on how long the world situation delays Shadowlands.

If they have always magically planned for a September release and somehow manage to hit that date...great! But given the state of development that we have visually seen at points up until now and the state of the world regarding health, the economy, working from home, and video game development I would be SHOCKED if they can even hit a January release date, meaning maybe pre-patch in December?

The fans, and maybe even moreso Activision-Blizzard, will not accept a lull of May to December without anything to re-engage the playerbase...and it could be as long as January/Feb/March next spring if you look at the impact on other titles that have thus announced delays.

If a delay is coming, Blizzard needs to start planning on some sort of low development time/cost things that can periodically re-engage the player base at the very least...if not start planning to split out the level squish and the expansion proper from each other. And if you don't think they are at least planning for it....just look at the XP and now coming rep buffs. These are low development cost/time things that are being released to engage players and keep them on board. More will come as the months roll along.

And its not like they would have to pull a ton of resources from shadowlands to do some things. Put a small team on it...give yourself more time to finish shadowlands. Find some low time/development cost things to implement.
    Last edited by TickerDS; 2020-04-18 at 08:17 PM.

We all know that untill prepatch no new content is coming .

But here an idea - since with prepatch huge squish is coming anyway why not let people have some crazy fun in game now.

Thorgast testing showns how entertained are people when they can do crazy stuff in game - why not utilize it now.

My idea would be pseudo 8.3.5 and what blizzard could potentialy do to keep people entertained besides leveling alts

for example they could :

1)put vendor with coruption gear and utilize the forge for destroying items to destroy items with corruption and lets people just buy the ones they want - or just let people buy corruption gear for essence currency which is wasted alreayd on most mains/alts .

2)put more essence slots in - i mean - all the ap people get are usless and most are like 85+ - and they still get them passively - ap 30 % reduction is still rolling week after week - why not use it and add 2-3 essence slots till like level 90 or 95 and let people have fun in game

go crazy a bit blizzard because prepatch will strip away it all from people anyway with people doing like 500 dps instead 50k so who cares .

Hard pass. Besides the point of nobody wanting to be the grind even worse and even more mandatory, they've jumped ship on BFA and are fully developing Shadowlands now.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by TickerDS View Post
    Maybe, but if you take the state of Shadowlands at Blizzcon and the general late launch of Alpha and compare it to previous expansions at the same points, you were already looking at a late October or early November release of the expansion, meaning pre-patch in September???

Add in some delay time due to the state of the world, you might not be looking at the expac releasing until spring 2021. Meaning no pre-patch till December or maybe even January 2021? That is a HUGE gap.

They will need to find something to keep the player base engaged into the late summer and fall. And that could be two things.
    Expansion was always set to release Oct/Nov because of the on or before date (Dec is basically a dead month).

And they're working from home, it'll slow them down some, but not 2021 some....

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Hard pass. Besides the point of nobody wanting to be the grind even worse and even more mandatory, they've jumped ship on BFA and are fully developing Shadowlands now.
    i wonder what you mean about it being mandatory

more and more guilds clear mythic each week now. this means that content is more then doable in current version .

also more and more people are getting usless levels on neck passively because of each week ap is nerfed by 30%. and from the looks of things will continiue to be nerfed for many more weeks.

same like more and more people complain that they have 10k+ essence ucrrency on their mains with nothing to spend it on

same with corruption - people are tired of not getting the ones they want but milion of usless ones.

there is no grind there. there are only possibilities to be taken with minimal time investment (how long does putting vendor in main city takes ? 5 minutes of work ? ).

and yes i tie it direckly to how much fun people had in thorgast last night.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-04-18 at 09:26 PM.

i wonder what you mean about it being mandatory
    Gee I wonder, nobody likes these endless grinds with the neck levels, so I wonder what I'm talking about

also more and more people are getting usless levels on neck passively because of each week ap is nerfed by 30%. and from the looks of things will continiue to be nerfed for many more weeks.
    As someone who is currently 92 in his neck, it wouldn't effect me, but there are hundreds of thousands of players who hit 80 and haven't leveled up much past that nor do they want to. I don't blame them one bit, the system is absolute dogshit and has been since Legion.

same like more and more people complain that they have 10k+ essence ucrrency on their mains with nothing to spend it on
    That's how the system is with Ny'alotha Azerite being tailored to have everyones BiS traits on them. So basically you just want to complain for the sake of complaining rather than being happy that you didn't have to deal with RNG rolls on Azerite Armor from the vendor?

same with corruption - people are tired of not getting the ones they want but milion of usless ones.
    Corruption is a flawed system that they're scrapping, why invest more time into something you have zero intent of moving forward with, it's a waste of time and resources.

there is no grind there. there are only possibilities to be taken with minimal time investment (how long does putting vendor in main city takes ? 5 minutes of work ? ).
    Bottom line is, everything is a grind when it isn't timegated. And nobody likes being pigeon-holed into content that's outside of their comfort zone. PvE players don't like being forced to do PvP for Conflict and Strife and weekly chests and PvP players don't like being forced to do M+ or raids for top gear. No matter how long it takes the grind is unliked if it doesn't come from the style of play you want to participate with and it would be unrealistic to expect Blizzard to further waste time on an expansion that's pretty much over.

Personally I want them to continue to devote their time and resources to finishing and polishing Shadowlands so it doesn't release in the same sad state that BFA did.

As for your comment of how long does it take; it takes significantly more time than "5 minutes" they have to code the npc, code the new resource that you're talking about, code the 'enchantments' of corruptions so they can be put onto other gear, ect. Then they have to make sure it doesn't break any other part of the game. Coding is a lot more fickle than "oh it only takes 5 minutes to make an npc lol". You add one thing and it can break hundreds of old things that have been in the game for years. It would likely take weeks of coding and testing and recoding and retesting for it to even be a remote possibility.

and yes i tie it direckly to how much fun people had in thorgast last night.
    Which is an idiotic thing to compare to when Torghast is the only feature coming with Shadowlands launch, not to mention it's being designed so that it lasts an entire expansion. Also Torghast has been playable for 2 days, people LOVED corruption when it first came out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

They're already going ham with 100% rep and XP.

And they've made plenty of changes past 8.3. Just because it doesn't have the 8.3.5 label, doesn't mean they haven't made changes.
    So, I'd say that they should focus on making sure that SL doesn't get pushed back to 2021, rather than make changes that'll simply throw balance up in the air and piss people off moreso than Corruption already managed to.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The power of pulling random statistics out of one's ass never ceases to amaze me. You just make yourself look like complete tool bro.
    says the guy with the gay flag profile pic...............you're the biggest fucking tool in the entire world.

says the guy with the gay flag profile pic...............you're the biggest fucking tool in the entire world.
    What my profile pic has to do with anything in this thread? Stop being pathetic please.