Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    3) There is a lot of different paths as well as paths that go vertical instead of just straight lines like Diablo. There is also maps with a lot of ledges that you can fall off of and die unlike Diablo where you can just hug walls till the end. Lastly there is traps that do a large % of damage which will easily kill bots because is nothing that detects them except the person playing.
    1. yes there is jump puzzles, and yeah, in diablo most bots stick close to walls, in wow you cant do that, that is why bots dont do content, they do profession farming and mob farming on SET paths

2. Yeah, i could see some traps being avoided, but many of them would be impossible for bots to detect liek the axe blade, or the spike floor.

3. OP seems like they think every single bot is Deepmind but on a next level. Bots are not good enough to run torghast, there is far too many vague variables. without traps, and with walls, and without affixes sure.
    But add in any of those and nope, it cant do squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Your response then leads to the second point of my post. If they restrict, limit and remove rewards from Torghast to prevent botting, will it fail as a feature and no-one will play it? And Blizz can "win", just make actual MMO content instead of instanced solo content.
    Can bots clear Mythic Raids? Because those are also instanced content. Guess they weren't such a problem :?

I can feel that this thread actually made me less intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Can bots clear Mythic Raids? Because those are also instanced content. Guess they weren't such a problem :?
    Bots are a solo thing. I'm sure they can clear mythic raids of old content, sure. There are no rewards in those so its not really prevalent.

Trying to compare current tier mythic raiding, requiring a raid group, vs Torghast which can be soloed, misses the point of the thread.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

By not botting the keys. But they would still bot Torghast.

Dude, this is an MMO, not an ARPG, not a rogue-like. Why do you want to force an MMO to change into something that is not an MMO? Why don't YOU go play something else and let people who want an MMO play an MMO? This solo instanced crap has no business in WoW.

Yah, we've been there before with new systems. Blizzard rolls out a new game mode and in the first few weeks a ton of people say "Oh this is awesome!" then after a month goes by everyone is tired of it and people realize it actually sucks. Remember the Tillers in MoP? Everyone was amazed and thrilled to do the Tillers and said it was great at first. That gave Blizz the confidence to expand upon it in WoD and create garrisons and the mission table, the logical extension of the Tillers. The dumb excitement over the Tillers fucked over 3 expacs lol.
    "MMO, not an ARPG"
    Its an MMORPG/MMOARPG its fucking hilarious you forgot that. Also idk if you know, but since fucking day 1, you have not been required to play with others, vanilla did not give you 0 exp unless you were with friends. You were able to farm professons, complete quests, farm dungeons, all solo, and again visions and torghast are not solo only content, you can do them as a group, you are the one trying to force the game in a direction no one else wants, you should quit, i want it to stay on the path it always has been. There is content for groups, and content for solo, and content for both. You could do BG's solo in vanilla, or in a group!

The tillers in mop? yeah something people still love to this day? Preach literally made a video on it about how much he loves it, having thought he would hate it, but he picked it up and loved it. Also wod garrisons also amazing, the issue was all there was to do in wod was garrisons. People fucking love garrisons, but wods issue was that was it. I wish we still had our garrison as we did back then. Mission table is also fine, its great how it is now, as it gives you passive small rewards for a minigame.

sounds like you just ya know, are bad at the game, and are crying that you cant get away with getting carried anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. yes there is jump puzzles, and yeah, in diablo most bots stick close to walls, in wow you cant do that, that is why bots dont do content, they do profession farming and mob farming on SET paths

2. Yeah, i could see some traps being avoided, but many of them would be impossible for bots to detect liek the axe blade, or the spike floor.

3. OP seems like they think every single bot is Deepmind but on a next level. Bots are not good enough to run torghast, there is far too many vague variables. without traps, and with walls, and without affixes sure.
    But add in any of those and nope, it cant do squat.
    That's not going to be a hindrance. Bots are very advanced these days.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    of course they can! i downloaded my XxX-Raid/killer-XxX.exe and then i went into a raid, afked, and 20 minutes later cleared the entire raid, dont you know, bots literally are perfect and can beat anything no problem!

- - - Updated - - -

That's not going to be a hindrance. Bots are very advanced these days.
    no, they are not that advanced, not even close, you have proven you have 100% no knowledge into any of this, and its fucking hilarious how bad you are at this.
    The MOST ADVANCED BOT on planet fucking earth right now, can only play 1 lane dota 2, on 1 hero, and that does not have ledges, or modifiers, or affixes, or RNG.

They have made the bot much better then it used to, from 1 hero 1 lane, to 7 heros, full match.
    Actually I am out of date, here is the Ai in an actual game, seems they have made it much more powerful since i remember. but oh look, dota 2... a set map, set items, set charecters.

And wanna know how they got these bots to work? by simulating the game, thousands of times per minute, having the program run them and try to find the best solution to every single movement, and this cost a lot of money.
    plus ya know, they needed to have valve work with them to set up a program version of dota that could run an entire 30 minute match in 30 seconds but ya know. Not the mention this having been in development for years

but yeah sure nah i will totally go to wow-bot.com and buy a bot that can run torghast ppppft
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-04-19 at 05:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem like Torghast offers rewards that aren't bound to player, and even those are supposed to be capped. It also has stuff like traps that will two-shot you if you step in the wrong place. I'm not really seeing the point in botting it.

Why would people bot something that isn't
    1) Repetitive
    2) Time consuming
    3) Profitable

Or, you know, the reasons why people bot things?

The #1 way botters are caught is because other people report them.
    Right off the bat, do you have any proof the back up that claim? You know Blizzard bans bots in waves because they learn to track whatever program they are all using and wait to lure them all in before they know to change it. Unlucky botters have been banned on day 1 of using their botting program because they caught the ban wave at the worst time, not because they just so happened to have a player immediately report them.

It doesn't really matter if they are in a solo instance all alone, Blizzard can still track them. Heck, it's the same thing in Runescape where a bot's behavior is indistinguishable from real players in certain activities.

Seems like your entire argument falls apart with this one statement.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Why would people bot something that isn't
    1) Repetitive
    2) Time consuming
    3) Profitable

Or, you know, the reasons why people bot things?
    You didn't read the OP. Please read the OP.

I asked that if the rewards are not there to run Torghast, will Torghast be a dud? A waste of dev time? Why pour all of these dev resources into Torghast if its meant to be something you almost never run? But if they do make it something you run a lot, how do they stop botting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Right off the bat, do you have any proof the back up that claim? You know Blizzard bans bots in waves because they learn to track whatever program they are all using and wait to lure them all in before they know to change it. Unlucky botters have been banned on day 1 of using their botting program because they caught the ban wave at the worst time, not because they just so happened to have a player immediately report them.

It doesn't really matter if they are in a solo instance all alone, Blizzard can still track them. Heck, it's the same thing in Runescape where a bot's behavior is indistinguishable from real players in certain activities.

Seems like your entire argument falls apart with this one statement.
    Look, if you have been a fan of Blizzard for years, you know at this point that Blizz does very very little about botting and hacking. People have been going years doing both freely with no consequences. The only way they get in trouble is when people report them.

Bots are a solo thing. I'm sure they can clear mythic raids of old content, sure. There are no rewards in those so its not really prevalent.

Trying to compare current tier mythic raiding, requiring a raid group, vs Torghast which can be soloed, misses the point of the thread.
    If it can be soloed by 1 bot, then it can be downed by a group of bots too. You're missing the point of your own point

Meh, I don't think this issue needs to be worked on now. If torghast ends up being a bot pit, then Blizzard will have to find a fix.

I don't think it's reasonable to abandon a very promising idea because it might promote new bot waves.

You didn't seem to propose any other solution to this problem.

Botting is always a problem. Any popular game that botting is advantageous will have bots. You can't design around people botting either. It's like trying to lower drop rate to a miniscule level just to balance economy with bots. Just have to try to minimize it. That's all they can do.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2020-04-19 at 06:14 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still fail to see how it is a problem. What advantage will bots get? basically nothing. Players are better than any bot, especially given the dynamic nature of Torghast, and the rewards are personal so it's not like it will be profitable in terms of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Meh, I don't think this issue needs to be worked on now. If torghast ends up being a bot pit, then Blizzard will have to find a fix.

I don't think it's reasonable to abandon a very promising idea because it might promote new bot waves.

You didn't seem to propose any other solution to this problem.
    No, your not allowed to have fun, either its shit with no reward, or its full of bots, there is no such thing that exists other then these 2 options.

You didn't read the OP. Please read the OP.

I asked that if the rewards are not there to run Torghast, will Torghast be a dud? A waste of dev time? Why pour all of these dev resources into Torghast if its meant to be something you almost never run? But if they do make it something you run a lot, how do they stop botting?
    You're just fucking stupid. No one bots horrific visions, no one bots mythic+, no one even bots fucking island expeditions.

Quit your bitching, nobody wants to hear it. I don't give two shits if another player does or doesn't bot, and if it's solo instanced, that's an even bigger idgaf. You're just whining to have something to whine about.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just fucking stupid. No one bots horrific visions, no one bots mythic+, no one even bots fucking island expeditions.
    Pretty much this.

1. Horrific Visions is a very temporary piece of content meant to last 1 patch. Its not a xpac-centric feature.
    2. m+ is not solo content in any way.
    3. IEs are a waste of dev time. Torghast may also be a similar waste of dev time if the rewards are not robust enough to make people want to do them.

That's true if Torghast doesn't really offer much in the way of rewards. And if that's the case, then you arrive at my second question, which is if Torghast offers no major rewards, will it be a dud?
    it offers great gameplay and soulbound components for legendary items, so botters can go fuck themselves even IF it was actualy possible to bot it (doubtful), but if you are soo unhappy with the feature thats not yet fully tested for a game thats in early alpha, its obvious you are either troll, in which case you should just leave forums and stop bothering people, or its no longer game for you, in which case you should unsub...