5+ Year Old Account
    Is that a DH skin? Why does her face look so... gaunt. Its more off-putting than the ears.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Something doesn't seem right here...

That's just how NEs fanboys look like after the trainwreck that was BfA.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Is that a DH skin? Why does her face look so... gaunt. Its more off-putting than the ears.
    It's a DH. Normal NE ears don't have the scales on their ears and those sharp cheek bone lines in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    One millimetre more on the ears for every time the devs took a dump on that race.
    Last edited by Plehnard; 2020-04-19 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If that's the case then that's how I've looked since Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the case then that's how I've looked since Cataclysm.

There's Night elf fans and then there's Night Elf elf fans with Rabies.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    It's a DH. Normal NE ears don't have the scales on their ears and those sharp cheek bone lines in the face.

One millimetre more on the ears for every time the devs took a dump on that race.
    Well i guess that makes sense, i would assume they would be longer, but i guess a single writing injustice only counts if it isnt in immediate proximity to a different one, like the Nelves being seen growing pumpkins in Stormwind right after losing Teldrassil.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    ears so big she can hear colors.
    I like longer ears on elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It would definitely require a bit of stretching of credibility, presumably you would either have to assume that Varian knows Bolvar from when he was a footman
    Well there's a huge problem with that. Bolvar was chosen to be Regent. That means he wasn't just a noble, he was the frickin' DUKE. Dude was never a lowly footman.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well there's a huge problem with that. Bolvar was chosen to be Regent. That means he wasn't just a noble, he was the frickin' DUKE. Dude was never a lowly footman.
    He could have been a footman, and he was later made a duke through his friendship with Varian, it would be odd, but not at all out of the realm of possibility.
    But yes, it would be quite a stretch.

He could have been a footman, and he was later made a duke through his friendship with Varian, it would be odd, but not at all out of the realm of possibility.
    But yes, it would be quite a stretch.
    I mean we really can't know for certain. That would depend on the way the nobility is structured in WoW. <deleted diatribe about monarchy, rankings, inheritance, etc.>
    This is one of the places where one can see how shallow WoW's lore is, as afaik there is no definitive ranking of nobility in WoW (while this should be a treasure trove of quests and RP material). So while it may not follow the various European models of the past, generally it would be extremely weird to raise in ranks that much. Even in fantasy that usually requires extraordinary feats, like practically winning wars single handedly and even then nobility is usually reluctant to practically grant you peerage.

I still wouldn't dismiss it entirely though. There are pretty much 2 principles at work here.

Occam's Razor: WoW's writing is simply not on the level that you can reasonably assume someone actually thought all of this through down to the minute details, especially when writing their tenthousandth line of broadcast text. So while we can debate until the cows come how and make it work or not, we probably already have invested more into this train of thought than the people responsible.

Chekhov's gun: When someone introduces the element of a mother that lost sight of her family, and a father that lost sight of his wife and daughter and a woman that lost sight of her parents, then according to basic story telling principles one can reasonably assume that it plays a part in the story and the 3 people are in some way connected. If it will be the obvious or a twist remains to be seen, there is a certain poetic notion to the fact that both parents are undead. That being said, it's way more likely that Calia is already used in a potential romance with Derek. It's not exactly Blizzard's league to attempt to write "love" triangles, Derek would also need to give his green hat to Bolvar .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-04-19 at 09:00 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The way I'm choosing a covenant depends on my characters race/class. No way I'm going for minmaxing. Leave that for the 1%.

The way I'm choosing a covenant depends on my characters race/class. No way I'm going for minmaxing. Leave that for the 1%.
    Exactly this. I would think a raid leader would prefer a mixture of classes from different covenants because they abilities are very complimentary. And that since the covenant choice is so hard to switch, remember that if one choice is underpowered in one patch, it will likely be OP later.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i very much worry the "influencer" driven feedback
    Friends&Family invites far outnumber the few dozen streamers.

Or do you mean the opinions that streamers shape, especially the overly negative ones, that you fear Blizzard listens to? Those would be the same if they only went off third-hand footage or even just datamining. Stupid people are stupid, news at 11.

He could have been a footman, and he was later made a duke through his friendship with Varian
    You're actually saying something important here. Varian and Bolvar were friends, so he likely knew about Taelia. If Varian would have known about a Menethil descendant, he would have used her existence to incite rebellion in the Forsaken against Sylvanas. (Calia was presumed dead then) But Taelia isn't a Menethil, so he let her live on Kul Tiras even after her father died.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Theres three groups. The 1% high end raiders who have to bring the highest DPS no matter what the lore choice. The players who rely on guides/copying their favourite player to decide what build to use. And then theres the players who make their own choices. But don't under estimated how large that second group is. A lot of people have relied on others to make decisions for them for a long time in WoW.

Also, don't forget that all of these Covenant abilities will most likely come with a cooldown. They will supplement either your single-target or your AoE, but they won't buff it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    And that since the covenant choice is so hard to switch
    I actually don't expect this to take too much effort, probably two or three evenings. Maybe some lost progress on the weekly cap of Anima "don't call it AP" Power or whatever, but just as it is now, only the most dedicated care about this being at the absolute possible maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Theres three groups. The 1% high end raiders who have to bring the highest DPS no matter what the lore choice. The players who rely on guides/copying their favourite player to decide what build to use. And then theres the players who make their own choices. But don't under estimated how large that second group is. A lot of people have relied on others to make decisions for them for a long time in WoW.
    So fuck 'em. If they want to restrict their Transmog options to emulate a playstyle they won't ever need, let them. There's also a large group of players who never transmog, that doesn't mean every possible combination of items from an expansion should look like a proper outfit. People still complain about the blandness of WotLK quest/dungeon gear.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2020-04-19 at 09:31 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Something doesn't seem right here...

New Allied race: 5G Elf
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    You're actually saying something important here. Varian and Bolvar were friends, so he likely knew about Taelia. If Varian would have known about a Menethil descendant, he would have used her existence to incite rebellion in the Forsaken against Sylvanas. (Calia was presumed dead then) But Taelia isn't a Menethil, so he let her live on Kul Tiras even after her father died.
    I hope it's like that. But I fear that Blizzard could've just not thought so far ahead back then.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So fuck 'em. If they want to restrict their Transmog options to emulate a playstyle they won't ever need, let them. There's also a large group of players who never transmog, that doesn't mean every possible combination of items from an expansion should look like a proper outfit. People still complain about the blandness of WotLK quest/dungeon gear.
    It's not even that, they're completely forgetting the other portions of power associated with the Covenants as well: Soulbinds, Conduits, Legendaries.

All they tunnel vision on is a singular ability and think that'll be what's overpowered. But I agree, fuck em.

I hope it's like that. But I fear that Blizzard could've just not thought so far ahead back then.
    Pretty much. Most of the inconsistencies of lore cna be chalked up to assuming the wirters in some way forgot an important detail, or expanded on a tiny one.

Besides, Varian never struck me as the kind of person to win wars by black ops operations and inciting rebellion by use of a lost monarchy. He would have been far more likely to waltz up to the gates of Lordaeron with a massive army to take her down. Which indeed is exactly what he did when he got the reason with Wrathgate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. Most of the inconsistencies of lore cna be chalked up to assuming the wirters in some way forgot an important detail, or expanded on a tiny one.

Besides, Varian never struck me as the kind of person to win wars by black ops operations and inciting rebellion by use of a lost monarchy. He would have been far more likely to waltz up to the gates of Lordaeron with a massive army to take her down. Which indeed is exactly what he did when he got the reason with Wrathgate.
    Blizzard thinks out their plots well ahead but not like they knew what BFA was going to do during Wrath. Not that far, just far enough to make sense(Most of the time).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi