Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Yes I read the post. I don’t even play Classic but I’m kind of fascinated by this whole situation. What is it about Classic that makes people so reluctant to change servers that they would rather wait for 2 hours or quit? Is it that shitty to play on a low pop server?
    In a word...yes

Edit: not sure why but everything else I wrote was deleted...but to sum up, low realms will eventually become dead realms, and dead realms totally suck to play on, might as well be playing in offline mode (if that was a thing)
    Last edited by Aekero; 2020-04-20 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Run through Boralus and count how many players you somewhat remember. Now ask a classic player the same in OG.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not seen a single player i met while leveling again. Meanwhile I "know" half of OG in classic. This has nothing to do with socializing - simply sharding.
    I mean this could also mean there actually so many ppl in original wow that it’s impossible to know them, while in classic theres so few ppl playing you know half of “og” ppl who play XD

Man, Classic WoW being popular has really rotted some peoples brains. I played it and personally, it was not to my liking but come the fuck on. The amount of goalpost moving from other people who play Retail about why Classic is/was/will be a failure is ridiculous.

I will never understand this team game people play between Retail and Classic, they're both played and loved by their respective audiences. Why the hell do you get your panties in a twist over it's popularity?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I doubt that. Not even their "new AI" could disguise the fact that NPCs are NPCs.
    And is that because you actually get meaningful "human" interactions on live on a regular basis, or because their "new AI" just isn't that convincing?

Even then I'm not sure it couldn't be. Last time I played random BGs on a regular basis, I often found myself unsure if I was playing with/against real humans or just bots. Partly because it is entirely possible for humans to not play very well, to be fair, but still. The only way to differentiate a bot from a not-so-great player was the inhuman precision of the by-then infamous bot trains.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the same couldn't be done in Classic. But the difference in how servers work between the two version of the game does make a difference. It's a mathematical issue, like living in a small village vs in a big city where it's essentially impossible for a typical human to know/remember everyone / most people.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-04-20 at 02:37 PM.