Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boys, how good is aimed shot?!?

People of the forum,

Aimed shot, so good. Pew pew.

Everyone should be hunter.

That is all.
    'Do you know what the chain of command is? The chain of command is the chain I go get and start beating you with until you learn who is in command!' - Jayne Cobb

While leveling up, it's pretty amazing at destroying players in bgs. At max though it's just a regular ability and no more remarkable than anything in other class's toolkits.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    While leveling up, it's pretty amazing at destroying players in bgs. At max though it's just a regular ability and no more remarkable than anything in other class's toolkits.
    This, its like a watered down chaos bolt sadly :/ very watered down damage wise

7+ Year Old Account
    Aimed Shot does good damage dude. Scales though so be aware of what's going on when you use it. You want to use CD's with Aimed Shot during Careful Aim, prioritize Rapid Fire when not. In pvp I can easily manage a 100+k Aimshot with minimal setup. In pve I'm almost hitting 165k-180k at 460 ilvl Aimed Shots. It's a beauty to see and feel lol. Also in pve the meta is extremely fast gameplay. Don't let these other cats fool you. MM Hunter's are serious damage dealers.

It is literally one of the slowest specs in the entire game and you call it "extremely fast gameplay". It's one of the worst PvE and PvP specs and you call it a "serious damage dealer". lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It is literally one of the slowest specs in the entire game and you call it "extremely fast gameplay". It's one of the worst PvE and PvP specs and you call it a "serious damage dealer". lol
    Damn @Azortharion lol. Aren't you like, the Grand Poobah of Hunters?

7+ Year Old Account
    You and I know how fast you can pump out Aimed Shots once you gain enough corruptions, secondaries, trinkets and rank 3 of certain essences. It's not a secret and not only does it work it also provides a huge boost to our dps. Sure it's slow when you hit 120 but it doesn't take much searching to see how much faster MM can be at higher tier content.

While MM struggles in certain areas in PvP, more specifically in Arenas, Lacking in damage isn't one of them. As I said I easily get huge numbers with Aimed Shot and it feels great. For someone to be the "Grand Poobah of Hunters" you sure love to ride that high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Quite shocked to see this comment coming from you.

I would hardly describe MM as slow. With downtime, maybe, but between 1 min cd Trueshots, Rhythm trait procs and azerite haste procs (+the corruption, if you have it), it doesn't seem slow at all. I have no issue keeping up with the rest of the guild dpsers. Amazing burst, good damage in execute end reverse execute, strong aoe (double tap rapid fire later during Trueshots is SERIOUS damage!), good priority dmg, good mobility.

Ofcourse, it has weaknesses, abysmal two target dmg, spread adds, low living adds, a bit squishy.

DMG is not a problem in pvp, the problem is MM doesn't have a stun and lacks a bit on the def side.

Honestly, don't share the general opinion that MM has been crap this expansion, i've enjoyed it, even if BM has been superior. I also think not enough people have tried it this expansion, or just shrugged it off since BM is so good.
    Last edited by Jamais; 2020-04-07 at 10:25 PM.

I mean you can defend the spec you love all you want and enjoy playing it. I'm just not a fan of when people delude themselves into believing things that aren't true because it sort of "validates" how they like their spec. If that's riding a high horse then I'm okay with it.

1) It's the worst Ranged DPS spec in the game, and not far off being the worst spec in the game period for both PvE and PvP, where even our best spec (Survival) isn't really all that good in the competitive scene.

2) It is one of, if not THE slowest specs in the game. Only specs with consistently lower APM are maybe Destro. This is not really an argument, you can literally go see the APM of each spec in SimCraft or if you wanna filter out non-GCD casts in WCL, you can see it there too.

3) Burst is nice (far from amazing), but also irrelevant when its overall damage is pretty garbage.

4) I am sure you can see the problem in using "Haste Corruption Effects" as an argument in talking about how "not slow" a spec is... Considering all classes have access to those Corruptions.

5) Point #4, except with Essences too. Those are not spec-specific, so they are irrelevant when comparing MM to other specs.

It's not like I haven't seen how good it can be, as there is an MM Hunter in my guild with like 3 rank 1's in the current raid alone as of writing. He'd be the first to tell you how bad it is as well - he just plays it because he dislikes BM and prefers MM. Which is fine. But he doesn't delude himself about how good or fast it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey, dude. Azo. The OP asked if Aimed Shot hits hard. I answered.

I honestly cannot care less on how much you dislike Marksmanship or your reasons. idek why you're comparing it to other specs or classes because I was talking about current MM vs slower bfa launch MM.

Keep doing your number crunches and let people play what they want. I am not going to join your hate train or w.e it is you're doing in this non-consequential thread. This is pointless and only fortifies my impulse to completely ignore you as this isn't the first time you try and derail the thread that i'm in with your "Almighty" nonsense that you've shown towards me. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Also in pve the meta is extremely fast gameplay. Don't let these other cats fool you. MM Hunter's are serious damage dealers.
    If you say objectively wrong stuff, someone's gonna point it out. If that hurts your feelings in a personal way then maybe stick to YouTube where you can ensure no one points out when you're misinforming people. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Aimed Shot is better in Classic than in Retail :3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Aimed Shot is trash. Its a slow cast that doesn't hit anywhere near hard enough. The spec only puts out good dmg during Trueshot windows. I miss cata where my Aimed Shot and Chimaera shots hit like trucks. I would honestly prefer to not have a strong CD at all and give us back bigger numbers to our shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Aimed Shot is better in Classic than in Retail :3
    Yeah Hunter is an absolute blast in classic to play. Even being subpar in raiding, in PVP they can do such insane things. And Aimed Shot hits like an absolute truck. It's good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    Quite shocked to see this comment coming from you.

I would hardly describe MM as slow. With downtime, maybe, but between 1 min cd Trueshots, Rhythm trait procs and azerite haste procs (+the corruption, if you have it), it doesn't seem slow at all. I have no issue keeping up with the rest of the guild dpsers. Amazing burst, good damage in execute end reverse execute, strong aoe (double tap rapid fire later during Trueshots is SERIOUS damage!), good priority dmg, good mobility.

Ofcourse, it has weaknesses, abysmal two target dmg, spread adds, low living adds, a bit squishy.

DMG is not a problem in pvp, the problem is MM doesn't have a stun and lacks a bit on the def side.

Honestly, don't share the general opinion that MM has been crap this expansion, i've enjoyed it, even if BM has been superior. I also think not enough people have tried it this expansion, or just shrugged it off since BM is so good.
    MM is pretty low in APM, so aye it is a slow spec.

Is low APM a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nattylights View Post
    Is low APM a bad thing?
    Depends on the player. 45 APM means you're not pressing a button for a ~quarter of the time each minute and this can make it feel sluggish and slow to some people. Whereas anything over 60 might feel like all out spam because you're hitting more than a keystroke a second. Personal preference really unless it's medically necessary for it to be slower due to carpel tunnel or something similar.

As an aside, I would maybe question that chart a little bit too. 79 APM sounds pretty high for demon hunters since blade dance has animation time and eye beam has channel time, both of which only count as 1 action each and they use each one multiple times in a minute, but it could be right.
    Last edited by Lucavian; 2020-04-20 at 04:55 PM.

Ahh yeah fair point - as i get older i find myself liking the lower APM specializations more and more

Quote Originally Posted by Nattylights View Post
    Is low APM a bad thing?
    Not at all. Depends on what you like.

Assa rogue has very low APM as well, but it feels quite good IMO.
    The spec trades some of the more "high pace, high APM, quickly selecting the right skill" type gameplay for gameplay with a lower pace but some finesse timings (e.g. getting max uptime on Elaborate Planning and Envenom buffs)

Unfortunately the WoW community has slowly degraded into this simplistic thinking that higher APM = more difficult.

Aimed Shot in BfA is a disgrace to the Marksmanship spec.