Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    No, you gave me a example of a high demand/low supply item being high in price....

I don't think your reading comprehension is very good if that is your take lol.
    Just like you said, the supply and demand is irrelevant to you, it’s when it’s a high price and stays that way. That fits your definition to a T.

A price remaining around the same regardless of supply/demand

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    Just like you said, the supply and demand is irrelevant to you, it’s when it’s a high price and stays that way. That fits your definition to a T.
    Yeah.. no your reading comprehension is absolutely shit if that is your take.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Yeah.. no your reading comprehension is absolutely shit if that is your take.
    Let me know when you find an excuse to explain this very simple concept

How is it stagnating if it's in high demand though. This is what you aren't understanding. If it's in high demand and the price is fluctuating even if small fluctuations That is not stagnation.
    Give me an example of something stagnating
    A price remaining around the same regardless of supply/demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me know when you find an excuse to explain this very simple concept
    Yes. If you can't understand the difference there your reading comprehension is lower than a 5th grade lvl.....

You gave me an example of a item remaining at a high price because of high demand and low supply.

I clarified in the same exact post you are quoting

"Generally low demand items that no longer sell very well no matter if there is a high supply or low supply. "

Let me know when your item doesn't change price no matter if supply is low or high.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Yes. If you can't understand the difference there your reading comprehension is lower than a 5th grade lvl.....

You gave me an example of a item remaining at a high price because of high demand and low supply.

I clarified in the same exact post you are quoting

"Generally low demand items that no longer sell very well no matter if there is a high supply or low supply. "

Let me know when your item doesn't change price no matter if supply is low or high.
    Yes that’s wonderful sweetheart but that doesn’t explain away this comment

A price remaining around the same regardless of supply/demand.
    What you did was give me an example of what it could be. But my example also fits your criteria. Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that’s wonderful sweetheart but that doesn’t explain away this comment

What you did was give me an example of what it could be. But my example also fits your criteria. Try again.
    No it doesn't? your example is high price because of low supply and high demand...

Anyways I'm not gonna bother with you anymore. It's clear you barely understand English let alone basic economics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What makes people think they have a right to this? Classic is classic, people wanted classic and they got it. TBC will be on entirely separate servers. Classic players have no more right to expect to get a free high level character on TBC servers than someone who's only ever played BfA.
    Who says people wanted classic only? You’re dead wrong. We had tons of people come back cause they figured Blizzard would eventually do progressive servers and looks like they were right.

I love how you say “TBC will be entirely on separate servers” as if you know. You don’t know anything. In fact I’d be willing to bet my left lung that Blizzard ends up letting us make a choice to lock in to classic forever or transition our characters to TBC.

So good luck hoping it doesn’t happen bud. I’d say from what the email they sent out shows I’ll be the one right.

PS. It isn’t a free high level. We made these characters. Put work into them. It’s literally doing what we did in TBC all over again, taking our vanilla characters into the portal. Crazy idea I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    Did anyone here actually get the TBC survey? I'm curious as to whether or not it could just have been a hoax.
    Yeah me and two guildies did. Maybe it’s coincidence but we all made our accounts Nov 23rd 2004 which was WoWs launch date.

Blizz stated whats on the table are all previous expacs with the old talent trees (Vanilla/TBC/WoTlk). At t5he moment we have Vanilla which is doing really well as many servers are Locked/High. Europe English has but only 2 servers low and even those two have weekly MC pugs.

Most can agree TBC was a fantastic expansion and we are more than excited to play it. TBC added so much more fun to WoW.

What we are discussing here is should current characters be allowed to move on to TBC. My view is a firm NO! The reason feel that way is based on the assumption that doing so would deflate my Vanilla motive-to-play balloon.

However; if the only way to play TBC is to start a fresh 58, I'd gladly play both versions.

I don't want Vanilla servers to turn into ghost towns, especially since I'm raiding every tier, decking out my toon and ranking!

No it doesn't? your example is high price because of low supply and high demand...

Anyways I'm not gonna bother with you anymore. It's clear you barely understand English let alone basic economics.
    Consider it an L

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Its a paid service .. So they pay a month then get banned ?
    it's always been a paid service , yet there have been bot problems since vanilla.

It means the farm is worth more than the monthly fee and risk of getting banned, else it wouldn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider it an L
    If you consider that a win you can have it lol

If you consider that a win you can have it lol
    I didn't win anything, you sort of just took your own argument and ripped it apart, I just quoted you doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Seems to me the only people this would benefit would be the speedrunners. Within a day or two, there would be people cornering the AH anyways. It would just be the people who are able to spend the first 24 hours rushing there ahead of everyone else.
    Atleast 10 people that I know of in my guild alone, has over 30,000 gold. If they just straight transferred it, the economy is absolutely broken, not day 1, but the first hour. As much as I bet they would hate to reset, they'd get over it. Not doing this would ruin it for everyone else imo. There absolutely has to be a grace period with a fresh economy or the casual players has no chance whatsoever to deal with the inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Who says people wanted classic only? You’re dead wrong. We had tons of people come back cause they figured Blizzard would eventually do progressive servers and looks like they were right.

I love how you say “TBC will be entirely on separate servers” as if you know. You don’t know anything. In fact I’d be willing to bet my left lung that Blizzard ends up letting us make a choice to lock in to classic forever or transition our characters to TBC.

So good luck hoping it doesn’t happen bud. I’d say from what the email they sent out shows I’ll be the one right.

PS. It isn’t a free high level. We made these characters. Put work into them. It’s literally doing what we did in TBC all over again, taking our vanilla characters into the portal. Crazy idea I know.
    You can and will progress to 70 without moving your Vanilla Classic characters over. The only thing transferring characters would accomplish would be to trivializing the first few or so levels of Outland and giving you a leg up on any new comers considering you are carrying over gold from Classic.

In my opinion, "Classic" server design should be to capture specific capsules in time. Progression servers are already a thing - Retail. Classic servers are for people who want to play characters that remain in that specific end-game whenever they decide that want to play that content. BC Classic servers will have vanilla content, but shouldn't be tied to Vanilla Classic servers or those characters.

So if you don't want to level again, the "free level 58 character" helps there.
    ----------

To the OP, I don't like the idea of fresh 58's as much because you don't get a chance to learn the character. I'd almost prefer a "Death Knight" style 3-5 level ramp up to increment your abilities.

Otherwise, I would propose a Diablo 3 style rebirth. Your classic character stays on the Classic server, but you can choose to rebirth your character (at any level) over to a BC server, and your character would show up "terminator style naked", with gold, bags, and green gear in your mailbox based on your level. Each character could only be "rebirthed" once. Gold would be an amount you could expect a player to have by that level, players from level 40-49 would have level 40 greens in their mailbox.

With the rebirth option, you have already learned how to play your character up to that point, so we don't have a bunch of folks playing classes they have no idea how to play, and you aren't stuck with character transfer exploits where you are bring over a lot of gold and/or items.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2020-04-20 at 07:20 PM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Blizz stated whats on the table are all previous expacs with the old talent trees (Vanilla/TBC/WoTlk). At t5he moment we have Vanilla which is doing really well as many servers are Locked/High. Europe English has but only 2 servers low and even those two have weekly MC pugs.

Most can agree TBC was a fantastic expansion and we are more than excited to play it. TBC added so much more fun to WoW.

What we are discussing here is should current characters be allowed to move on to TBC. My view is a firm NO! The reason feel that way is based on the assumption that doing so would deflate my Vanilla motive-to-play balloon.

However; if the only way to play TBC is to start a fresh 58, I'd gladly play both versions.

I don't want Vanilla servers to turn into ghost towns, especially since I'm raiding every tier, decking out my toon and ranking!
    I don’t understand this at all.

Am I misremembering they launch of TBC? Did they roll us back from 60 to 58 and make us lose all since of progression / attachment to our characters?

I could have sworn I was level 60 in some Naxx gear and I leveled to 70 with all my money, items, mounts, etc. am I misremembering?

The only logical play is to let the current servers roll over to tbc and either a) do progression servers for the vanilla crowd or allow character copy to vanilla only realms. Spinning up brand new servers and making us level from 1 or 58 = a disaster for the existing realms. There would have to be mass mergers/closures.

It just doesn’t make any logical sense to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post

Am I misremembering they launch of TBC? Did they roll us back from 60 to 58 and make us lose all since of progression / attachment to our characters?

I could have sworn I was level 60 in some Naxx gear and I leveled to 70 with all my money, items, mounts, etc. am I misremembering?

The only logical play is to let the current servers roll over to tbc and either a) do progression servers for the vanilla crowd or allow character copy to vanilla only realms. Spinning up brand new servers and making us level from 1 or 58 = a disaster for the existing realms. There would have to be mass mergers/closures.

All of that. I don't want to lose my progress, my gold, my legendaries. Classic raid content is boring AF so I'd much rather carry my characters and all their belongings forward into BC. BC is far and away the best version of WoW and I'd like to play it on what I've built already not start from scratch.

If they did lvl 58s only I'd quit on the spot and most of my guild of 170 active raiders would too.

10+ Year Old Account

This. Don't worry though, Blizzard aren't stupid. They know they would enrage everyone if they told us we couldn't take our characters to TBC. It'll happen just as TBC happened in the past. And I can't wait.

Many of us who enjoy Vanilla would like to have Vanilla servers active and full. By not allowing character copy/move and TBC must be played with a fresh level 58, many good things happen with no 'real' downside at all. First, Vanilla character will remain with all its mounts/achievements, waiting for you whenever you want. Next, TBC started on an equal footing for all -no AH cornering.

TBC can now be enjoyed by all players old and young, new and those who loved it in the past equally.

Achievement/title from Vanilla character could be carried over?
    There is ZERO, I will repeat to you ZERO difference in a character copy and forcing someone to have a fresh 58... That player will still be GONE.

Let’s just go ahead and get the idea of making the experience 1:1 vanilla to tbc out of our heads shall we? Classic started with 1.12 base lines, that in itself is a massive massive change. It has layering, it has bnet, it has fixed item sets, most importantly the players know what needs to be done in the game now. They did this for playability sake, which is why the 58 character option is completely understandable in terms of what classic tbc should be. If their goal is to promote classic tbc, the hype could die for a lot of people if they login and realize they still have to play through the 1-60 again. I’m not one of those people, but if they did this it would be just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    All of that. I don't want to lose my progress, my gold, my legendaries. Classic raid content is boring AF so I'd much rather carry my characters and all their belongings forward into BC. BC is far and away the best version of WoW and I'd like to play it on what I've built already not start from scratch.

If they did lvl 58s only I'd quit on the spot and most of my guild of 170 active raiders would too.
    Yeah hard doubt there bud. You know all those items you got are still going to be in the version of the game you earned them so why cry? If you quit just because they did a fresh start with level 58 then you didn’t want to play tbc that bad anyway. Even though we all know you would play it so quit with the theatrics. I would be fine with however they want to release it but these posts of “IM GOING TO QUIT” are so annoying.
    Last edited by Nicholaes92; 2020-04-21 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    There is ZERO, I will repeat to you ZERO difference in a character copy and forcing someone to have a fresh 58... That player will still be GONE.
    True, but is that an option?