Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    That's just it. These people AREN'T protesting to go back to work. They're protesting for OTHER people to go back to work so they can get a haircut or go to Applebee's.
    So let me get this straight, these people are protesting not because they are losing their jobs or businesses but because they want to go get haircuts or visit restaurants? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    My Avatar shows the stars in the chinese flag replaced with the corona virus, not exactly a "GO CHINA!" statement. Not my fault that some people ignore details and just run with the headline.
    I'm not claiming your picture IS the China flag. I was just pointing out how easy it would be for someone who isn't paying much attention to perceive it as that. Y
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    So let me get this straight, these people are protesting not because they are losing their jobs or businesses but because they want to go get haircuts or visit restaurants? Are you serious?
    Yes.

Last edited by Masark; 2020-04-21 at 03:44 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I don't think we can know why they are really protesting seeing the protests are funded by right wing interest groups. One of them is even linked to secretary of education Betsy Devos.

It is amazing though watching the right wing circle jerk in real time. Fox news talking to Trump's mouth to right wing "protests" back to fox news again.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2020-04-21 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    our store finally got plexiglass screens and facemasks for the employees today. yay!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Honestly, I think this is a week too soon. Should have waited till May 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Honestly, I think this is a week too soon. Should have waited till May 1.
    our state isn't opening up till at least may 26th.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Well in the US, not even close to 1% of the population has been infected by the coronavirus. If the states reopen next month or sometime not that much later, it'll pretty much be like we didn't ever close at all... except for the ~0.25% of the people who did get it already. Those VIPs got their spots in the hospital when it wasn't that full, now at least they are in the clear... or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Well in the US, not even close to 1% of the population has been infected by the coronavirus. If the states reopen next month or sometime not that much later, it'll pretty much be like we didn't ever close at all... except for the ~0.25% of the people who did get it already. Those VIPs got their spots in the hospital when it wasn't that full, now at least they are in the clear... or dead.
    It's funny that you should say that. Based on the false positives or negatives of the tests we can't be sure how many people had COVID-19 and are already immune to it. Take this study in the Netherlands where 3% of Netherlands population may have coronavirus antibodies. Now 3% isn't a high number overall, but if you compare it to the total population of 17 million that means that over 510,000 people would have already had the virus and gotten better (thus developed anti-bodies) to it.

link https://www.dailysabah.com/world/eur...ies-study-says

We can wait for further results from testing, but it is entirely possible that an even higher amount of the population had the virus, and weren't affected by it, and developed an immunity to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    We can wait for further results from testing, but it is entirely possible that an even higher amount of the population had the virus, and weren't affected by it, and developed an immunity to it.
    Not only can, we should.

It boggles my mind that the politicians who locked down their countries a few weeks ago said "they were listening to the science" and now when they are panickly opening the countries again because of the economy they stopped listening to the science.

If they don't know how many have been infected, don't fucking stop the lockdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me, did you think that these anti-scientist, Trump-sycophant morons had anything in the way of common sense or set of priorities?

Because if they had either, they wouldn't be demanding the economy reopen, period.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The USA proves over and over that a diet of fries and hamburgers and guns blasting next door 24/7 aren't great for intellectual thought.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-21 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    The USA proves over and over that a diet of fries and hamburgers and guns blasting next door 24/7 aren't great for intellectual thought.
    Classy of you to not miss a chance to nation bash amidst a global pandemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Classy of you to not miss a chance to nation bash amidst a global pandemic.
    So what was the 'Wuhan Virus'/'Chinese virus' crap that cons were engaged in then? That was pretty blatant nation bashing and scapegoating trying to be disguised as 'just being accurate'.

And considering the US has nearly four times the confirmed cases of the runner-up, Spain, I'd say it's pretty fair to admit that the federal government screwed up big time and still is.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-04-21 at 07:33 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So what was the 'Wuhan Virus'/'Chinese virus' crap that cons were engaged in then? That was pretty blatant nation bashing and scapegoating trying to be disguised as 'just being accurate'.

And considering the US has nearly four times the confirmed cases of the runner-up, Spain, I'd say it's pretty fair to admit that the federal government screwed up big time and still is.
    I'd say most governments dropped the ball on this, from China on out. The US government deserves plenty of scorn, so slag on them, not on the American population. That's just as low as slagging on the Chinese or the Italian people rather than their governments. If one's wrong, they're all wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say most governments dropped the ball on this, from China on out. The US government deserves plenty of scorn, so slag on them, not on the American population. That's just as low as slagging on the Chinese or the Italian people rather than their governments. If one's wrong, they're all wrong.
    You didn't address my main point.

To the best of my knowledge, the rest of the world doesn't have COVIDIOTs protesting in the streets demanding an early end to social distancing because their lives were temporarily inconvenienced in some instances (See also: The clowns who want to go to the barbers/salon, bowling alley, golfing, etc) and/or fell for right-wing AstroTurfing or at least not on the scale in the US.

Brian Kemp is busy reopening Georgia way too early, as well. All in a desperate bid to save Trumps failed presidency and reelection bid. Not the only red state rushing things, either. All these idiots are going to to just prolong the pandemic, kill more people who shouldn't have died and prolong the lockdowns because of them creating new hotspots.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Well its not like the government makes people flock to walmart to buy the latest goods.

People have some responsibility by being responsible and staying at home to help fight the spread. If numbers are that high they are clearly not giving it 100% and its near impossible when you have idiots protesting for their rights.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

We are just in April and already events in September, like Oktoberfest, are being cancelled:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-virus-fears
    https://www.oktoberfest.de/en/magazi...not-take-place
    I hope that there will be a virtual variant and that Brewfest is unchanged!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    We are just in April and already events in September, like Oktoberfest, are being cancelled:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-virus-fears
    https://www.oktoberfest.de/en/magazi...not-take-place
    I hope that there will be a virtual variant and that Brewfest is unchanged!
    A virtual variant of the Oktoberfest?

Like a zoom call with a million people all getting drunk as fast as possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    You know that's not how to look at data, right? Especially considering Spain only has about 14% of the population of the US.

Per capita, it's actually Spain doing the worst. Then Belgium, then Ireland, then Italy, then Switzerland, then the US. With probably China up higher in there because they are likely lying about their numbers.