Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Clickers disgust me. Good for them you were turned down.

Lol, no mercy for clickers, sorry.

Some people like to use arbitrary metrics to decide if they want to invite someone, thats just the way wow works.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    He was triggered enough to make a post about it on MMOC, so I'd say that group won the Internet for the day.
    Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact that using bronze proving ground as a metric is arbitrary as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yes, I had a situation where I took someone with gold in everything over someone that had just bronze in DPS. They both had same ilvl and same class. And I needed a healer, so at least the one with gold healed something and isn't just off-spec for easier access to groups.
    Basically this. I kind of agree actually going to the trouble of not only not inviting someone, but feeling the need to whisper them is a little hilarious (Personally, I've never gotten randomly whispering people you're declining anyway, I've only ever bothered to whisper people who apply like 10 times and get declined every time, usually just to tell them they're wasting their time, and then I usually just let them stew the full 5 minutes.)

That said, there's truth to the notion that it is something you can see that at the very least proves that someone needs to know how to move, interrupt and DPS at the same time. It's not something I prioritize by any means, but, like the person I quoted, I have taken people with Gold completed over someone with nearly the same IO, same class, etc. in the past.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

I'd personally look at your IO score (your main counts into the equation because it would tell me stuff about how you plain your main). If you don't have one, I would probably just pass you over. I'm not going to waste time going through an armory search for everyone, esp when armory tells you very little about a player's main, so I'd pass right over you. Now this is assuming I'm actually progressing in the early key levels myself. Because I'm a much higher iLvl/IO, I'd probably just invite the first people I see because it's a +7, who cares.

Just my two cents. I don't think PG is relevant, but if you didn't have an IO to show the guy, I think he's just taking seconds out of his day to be a prick to you for no reason.

But TBH, I would see someone with gold and no IO as better than someone with bronze and no IO of the same class/spec, because again, *what else do I have to go off of*?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I'm bronze damage on exactly one toon and that's about it.

Did proving grounds once. Got bronze. Saw no reason to keep going, haven't done it since.

Also haven't gotten shit over it either.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    But eh. 380k HP. Unmodified UI. You seem to be a clicker considering that you do have keybinds for shimmer/barrier/ice block/cold snap, but DON'T have it for orb/lust/icy-veins, and keybinds for nova->blizzard are all unmodified.
    I purposely don't keybind bloodlust to avoid accidently hitting it.

It's not like you have to have a microsecond reaction time for blood lust anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    But TBH, I would see someone with gold and no IO as better than someone with bronze and no IO of the same class/spec, because again, *what else do I have to go off of*?
    Just go off ilvl. It's not like mythics are difficult before +10.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I purposely don't keybind bloodlust to avoid accidently hitting it.

It's not like you have to have a microsecond reaction time for blood lust anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Just go off ilvl. It's not like mythics are difficult before +10.
    Yeah, i usually keybind EVERYTHING, but lust and army of the dead i refuse to keybind.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    If your movement keys are F1 through F4, I will judge you HARSHLY
    If you have more than 3 movement keys I judge you harsherly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Basically this. I kind of agree actually going to the trouble of not only not inviting someone, but feeling the need to whisper them is a little hilarious (Personally, I've never gotten randomly whispering people you're declining anyway, I've only ever bothered to whisper people who apply like 10 times and get declined every time, usually just to tell them they're wasting their time, and then I usually just let them stew the full 5 minutes.)

That said, there's truth to the notion that it is something you can see that at the very least proves that someone needs to know how to move, interrupt and DPS at the same time. It's not something I prioritize by any means, but, like the person I quoted, I have taken people with Gold completed over someone with nearly the same IO, same class, etc. in the past.
    It's a shame really that the Proving Grounds get no love from Blizzard. If they made them better they would be a way better tool to gauge a skill of someone. You can buy any achievement and IO score. But paying someone else to log-into your account and beat an endless PG 10 (for example), would be almost impossible and way too risky. Blizzard and the community needs to sit down and find a better way to see how good someone is without allowing loop-holes like paid runs. I hope with better NPC AI we can get a revised PG tool and move away from 3rd party tools for PUGs.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    This is probably the most hillarious thing ever happened to me in WoW.
    Let me tell you a story:
    Last weekend I decided to gear up one of my alts (a Frost Mage). I hit ilvl 444, so I thought I'd queue up for some mythic +7 or +8.
    After signing up for the first +7 dungeon, I got a whisper: "SORRY MATE YOU BRONZE DAMAGE" (in all caps).
    I was like "WHAT THE..."?

When you mouse over onto a player's name in group finder, you can see his/her Proving Grounds results. Does anyone ever played in Proving Grounds after MoP?
    Does any of you ever NOT invited someone, because of "Bronze damage"? Does any of you ever even checked this (mousing over someone's name)?

I never thought anyone would ever do such a thing. I laughed so hard after this whisper. Anyway I went to the Proving Grounds and quickly completed silver and gold, but serioulsy not inviting because of this...
    Image proof (I can't post links - and my old account is deleted since the changes here): https: //i.imgur.com/DojgGCJ.jpg
    Is this specific situation really worth creating a thread about?... The person whispering you was probably just a clueless 12 year old kid. No big deal. Just forget about it and move on.

5+ Year Old Account
    Bronze, no keybinds. I'd say the guy dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The keybinds aren't hidden tho.

No, but i will immensely judge you if i find out that you have an ability that isn't keybound.

Down with all clickers!
    I only use 1-5 as ability keys and mouse middle/shift mouse middle. Have been doing just fine since Vanilla lmao. I also play WoW baked as shit and still do better than 90% of the player base lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Proving Grounds? Christ almighty, I remember Blizzard forced it down your neck in WoD, but that's quite some time ago! Never met anyone who actually gave a rats arse about it though

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

People who are relatively new to using LFG to find groups think Proving Grounds is something that matters because it is included in the default UI. It's a relic from WoD that was never changed. Blizzard should really just replace it with the player's current raid progression or highest key timed.

Depending on current tuning, Proving Grounds can be very easy or very challenging on a particular class. Sometimes they randomly buff the hell out of it. (Read through Wowhead comments for the Proven titles to hear about this.) But either way, the Proving Grounds has absolutely nothing to do with how well a player knows the mechanics in a current dungeon or raid, only that they know how to play their class.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    *Points at signature*
    you are never gonna let us live it down lel ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The keybinds aren't hidden tho.

No, but i will immensely judge you if i find out that you have an ability that isn't keybound.

Down with all clickers!
    I click hero,may I be spared? :<

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you are never gonna let us live it down lel ^_^
    Honestly, the only reason I mentioned it at all was because the first reply was someone mentioning their achievement, so I figured I'd mention mine as a "hey, me too!" comraderie thing... but then he talked shit about one of my few WoW accomplishments that I'm actually proud of :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I only use 1-5 as ability keys and mouse middle/shift mouse middle. Have been doing just fine since Vanilla lmao. I also play WoW baked as shit and still do better than 90% of the player base lol.
    pet battles dont count ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    *Points at signature*
    It just takes me to the world of warcraft webpage. WAIT YOU MADE WOW?