Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It's not your self admitted stupidity that is the issue (for the most part) It's the entitlement of expecting others to know what you do and don't do and conform to that.
    This was my original point with the dickbag comment.
    Exactly this, thinking that just cause 5 years old game is old for some it doesn't mean that it is for others.

I can see there being many people who recently started witcher 3 cause of the netflix series and hence not hiding the spoilers for it better was weird for me. Yes i was trying to be snarky, nothing was spoiled for me but for some other people it seems things were spoiled and i was defending them. The thread was not made in the best possible way, i'd rather see spoilers hidden too well just as a precaution.

If someone playing witcher 3 (for example) now and gets spoiled is a moron, then maybe there could be moronproof hiding of the spoiler instead of just calling them morons. I guess that was my point here.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Well, some spoilers there. Didn't know about that death in Witcher 3... eh...
    The thread is about video game character deaths. I mean.. No that pretty much says it all.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    This was my original point with the dickbag comment.
    Exactly this, thinking that just cause 5 years old game is old for some it doesn't mean that it is for others.

I can see there being many people who recently started witcher 3 cause of the netflix series and hence not hiding the spoilers for it better was weird for me. Yes i was trying to be snarky, nothing was spoiled for me but for some other people it seems things were spoiled and i was defending them. The thread was not made in the best possible way, i'd rather see spoilers hidden too well just as a precaution.

If someone playing witcher 3 (for example) now and gets spoiled is a moron, then maybe there could be moronproof hiding of the spoiler instead of just calling them morons. I guess that was my point here.

If it takes you THAT LONG to play a game. Remaining unspoiled is on YOU not others. The only requirement for spoiler tags is shortly after release, and many people hate having to click spoiler tags so they don't use them.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The thread is about video game character deaths. I mean.. No that pretty much says it all.
    I am aware

10+ Year Old Account
    *comes to a thread about character deaths in video games*

*gets upset about seeing character deaths in video games*
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Welp... There goes all my interest in playing the FF7 Remake blind... *sigh*
    You cannot possibly be serious. Aeris(th)'s death is about as well known as Darth Vader as Luke's father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    You cannot possibly be serious. Aeris(th)'s death is about as well known as Darth Vader as Luke's father.
    Exactly! can't believe those folks haha

Runas in Legion's Azsuna was pretty sad to me. Although I suppose you could argue he's not technically dead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Well, some spoilers there. Didn't know about that death in Witcher 3... eh...
    I mean what did you expect from this thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

One that really stuck with me was Ysera in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    How many weeks is the right amount of time to spoil stuff then? You sound a bit like people who don't realize that some people playing ff7 remake is the first time they see the story, even if it is a 20 years old game. There are people who watched the Witcher series that aired few months ago that might have picked up the game after watching it. I'm not one of those people but still i understand there might be people like that. The thread name also asks a question instead of stating "and here are mine with pictures and videos".

If there are "slow and insane people" who get spoiled because of this thread it sure as shit ain't their fault, which was my point.
    I don't call spoilers by the next season of a show or if something is a year old, at the point you've had plenty of time to look into yourself.

Everyone always says the Aeris / Aerith death was so sad...but like I never liked her character at all. Her dying was literally a thank god one more annoying character is gone.

The only character in gaming i've found more annoying is Lymle from star ocean. Like goddamn I'd pay someone to remake the game sans her. So fucking annoying.

I cant remember many, but I got a few that I remember giving me the feels.

Toriel - Undertale. First play trough, all the other fights could be ended by beating mobs to low hp and make them surrender... but Toriel! Damn it! At low hp she suddenly takes a huge hit and dies. The feels. I felt bad.

Someone else also posted wow stuff. I think wod had several of these, but I remember the two lovers in horde starting zone. You find one corpse and bag when you loot it. He was supposed to meet together with the woman he loved and they were going to live together, but some monster killed him on the way (i think). Then you find the woman a bit further, sitting there in the snow, frozen to death. She had been waiting for her husband to return and died. At least you get to combine their necklace pieces for item, yay! The feels.

I'm sure there are more examples, but these are the ones I remember and got the feels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Everyone always says the Aeris / Aerith death was so sad...but like I never liked her character at all. Her dying was literally a thank god one more annoying character is gone.

The only character in gaming i've found more annoying is Lymle from star ocean. Like goddamn I'd pay someone to remake the game sans her. So fucking annoying.
    What made her death super tragic (back in the days in the era of 1997 it wasn't as common as today standards to have such cheerful attitude character to die such horrible sudden death) the closest one would have been Nanami from Suikoden 2 if you do the bad ending.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernoxas View Post
    One that really stuck with me was Ysera in Legion
    Same, Ysera got me bad.

SPOILER:

Artanis killing Zeratul

Tyrion losing his son

Arthas killing Uther

Tassadar sacrificing himself.

Varian
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

Lol. When I was younger all I saw her as was an obstacle in the middle of Tifa. When she died, I was like "good".
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Nope. Never played an FF game (save for an hour on FF14). Was contemplating taking the plunge. I'm not anymore. ^^'

7+ Year Old Account
    Kingslayer Orkus

I know it's probably cheating, but:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Crusader_Bridenbrad

Let's get this out of the way: