View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Free trade is happening right now and there is no EU freedom of movement.
    Except there is still plenty of freedom of movement, we literally just imported 150 Romanians to pick our veg, because in spite of so many out of work we don't have the transport infrastructure or indeed skills to actually to it ourselves.

Never mind the entire logistics industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Except there is still plenty of freedom of movement, we literally just imported 150 Romanians to pick our veg, because in spite of so many out of work we don't have the transport infrastructure or indeed skills to actually to it ourselves.

You certainly could have the ability to offer those jobs to native brits if you wanted to.

The issue isn't that brits can't do those jobs if it were offered to them so much as that the farmers wants those foreigners to come do it instead of hiring domestically, cause they can be treated and paid like shit without them raising a fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandrisal View Post
    In other news space hoppers are no longer fashionable.
    Yes. This is me c. 1962

For sure even the tremendous benefits to the UK of deal or no deal transition end probably won't mitigate the economic downsides to CV. However as someone who likes to find the silver lining in the Corona cloud one thing is sure in that it exposes the remainer lies from their side at the point of the referendum and onwards.

How many times have you heard on this very forum from the EU shills that free trade requires free movement of people? Well the very reason for EU existence and their "crowning glory" if you like is gone.

Free trade is happening right now and there is no EU freedom of movement. Just shows what's possible when there is the will. Have you heard an apology from the rejoiners attempted deceit? I haven't....
    Your government is chartering planes of romanian fruitpickers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    You certainly could have the ability to offer those jobs to native brits if you wanted to.

The issue isn't that brits can't do those jobs if it were offered to them so much as that the farmers wants those foreigners to come do it instead of hiring domestically, cause they can be treated and paid like shit without them raising a fuss about it.
    Locals won't do it. In France it has been a student's only job for 3 decades. Students can get better wages elsewhere nowadays, so we get seasonal workers from abroad

Free trade is happening right now and there is no EU freedom of movement. Just shows what's possible when there is the will. Have you heard an apology from the rejoiners attempted deceit? I haven't....
    You are quite correct as always. We currently have no freedom of movement, but trade still continues. Shall we get to the end of the quarter and see what that does to economic growth? I'm sure since you are SO clever, it's just bound to be a huge upward rise, right?

That's all you fascist right wing morons have, isn't it? Projection. It's the one defining characteristic that covers all of you. Anything bad that you do, you point at your opposition and accuse them of doing it. The Brexit crowd accusing Remain if lying is utterly fucking hilarious. The only way that anything you came out with related to Brexit wasn't lying is if you're so stupid that you actually believe it.

And as far as Pann is concerned, I don't believe that Brexit will not be a noticeable impact on top of Corona. It won't be as damaging, I believe, but it will be significant and it will be longer lasting than Corona. Which means we'll get to see how badly we fare against the other countries that just have Corona to contend with. And no amount of smears and bullshit from people like you will cover up what causes it, and who is to blame. You're going to own the shit you have chosen to heap on this country.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You're going to own the shit you have chosen to heap on this country.
    We have it on record: at worst, there’ll be a ‘slight hiccough’, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yes. This is me c. 1962
    Don't lie...

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

They were offered them. There was a huge national campaign. They don’t have the skills and can’t physically get to the rural areas they’re needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    From what I've read, they did apply. It is just that the entire structure of the industry is shaped around immigrant workers. They have no space for local workers to set up camp on their own if they have their own vans and some don't even have space for local workers to bring their own vehicles.
    This doesn't surprise me, I also got the impression they moved around a lot according to season, something local workers aren't equipped or able to do. None of that seems to have a lot to do with lazy English not wanting the work. We're just not set up for it, we're set up for getting commuters from the Suburbs to the City Centre and into work via Starbucks. Not surprising they had to find something else.

7+ Year Old Account

That's not free movement but the UK having its cake and eating it, something remainers also lied about and said was impossible. Brexit demonstrably working as intended. The UK needs some cheap natural resources, in this case fit young people to work, scratches its head and ponders where to take them from. It looks to the EU and says they will do and nabs them, totally different from free movement and saying let's go to Paris next weekend for a jolly which is now impossible.

That's a win for the UK and a loss to the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You are quite correct as always. We currently have no freedom of movement, but trade still continues. Shall we get to the end of the quarter and see what that does to economic growth? I'm sure since you are SO clever, it's just bound to be a huge upward rise, right?

That's all you fascist right wing morons...... < dribble dribble snip snip dribble >
    You know the answer before typing the question, bad 1st quarter economic news is nothing to do with the obvious success story that is brexit, that's all on Corona my friend. Thank the heavens we left when we did so that brexit benefits can mitigate the financial and medical effects of CV.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

You know the answer before typing the question, bad 1st quarter economic news is nothing to do with the obvious success story that is brexit, that's all on Corona my friend. Thank the heavens we left when we did so that brexit benefits can mitigate the financial and medical effects of CV.
    I'll translate for those who don't speak Cummings:

Thank god for boomer doomer - we get to blame everything on the Chinese.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Don't lie...
    I'll have you know I'm a bona fide GURL.

Change that name to LaGinette Tufnel pls.
    Edit: or does GURL stand for Great Unibouncer Riding Lad?

Only you never done it, you only said you done it so they'd take the electrodes of yer nipples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Which success story?

It looks like negotiations are going nowhere and I cannot see how no-deal will be avoided.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52414155

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It looks like negotiations are going nowhere and I cannot see how no-deal will be avoided.

It's not meant to be avoided. It was always the goal, they've never even made a secret of that.

As intended by the crooks and charletains that make the british government.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not meant to be avoided. It was always the goal, they've never even made a secret of that.
    but how to sell that as success ? even without covid and its consequences later this year it was a weird idea.

Not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    As intended by the crooks and charletains that make the british government.
    This is what happens when you get your news from Twitter.

Not good.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what happens when you get your news from Twitter.
    It's been clear since January that there is no way to bridge the gap between both sides by the end of this year. The UK does not want an extension. Why is this not good? Or a surprise?