10+ Year Old Account
    The handful of remaining Chargers fans have to be excited about the long-anticipated switch to powder blue finally coming to fruition.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The handful of remaining Chargers fans have to be excited about the long-anticipated switch to powder blue finally coming to fruition.
    Those uniforms look snazzy. The new helmets not so much. Literally all they had to do was not put numbers on the sides of the helmets and this would be perfect.

Also prepare for insanity. After his bad WWE debut, Gronk wants to unretire, and the Buccs and Patriots are talking about swapping 1s and Gronk.

Gronk on the Buccs with TB, Patriots move up to 14.

Y'all called me crazy but just wait. Tua's gonna be a Patriot.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1252687851688472584
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Vince gonna be even more mad at football if gronk unretires.

I really like the chargers new uniform. For sure the best redesign so far. But doesn't help when you have less of a fan base in your city than the local WNBA team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the terms are out now and it's not a first round pick swap. Pats get a 4th rounder for Gronk.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...93001450782721

I'd like to revise my Buccs prediction, they're a playoff lock now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well the terms are out now and it's not a first round pick swap. Pats get a 4th rounder for Gronk.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...93001450782721

I'd like to revise my Buccs prediction, they're a playoff lock now.
    As a wild card maybe, Saints are taking that division.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    As a wild card maybe, Saints are taking that division.
    Yeah no that's why I specifically said playoffs. I thought they were maybe 8-8 sneak in as the new 7th seed, now I think they're proper 5/6 seed territory.

Yeah no that's why I specifically said playoffs. I thought they were maybe 8-8 sneak in as the new 7th seed, now I think they're proper 5/6 seed territory.
    Agreed, I think they are in a great position to get the 5-7 seed. If Gronk is actually in football shape and stays healthy they could do some damage. That is looking to be a scary offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I think they are in a great position to get the 5-7 seed. If Gronk is actually in football shape and stays healthy they could do some damage. That is looking to be a scary offense.
    Yeah that is an offense that can put up points assuming these guys can still play. The defense is going to be shored up in the draft I imagine. Thing is the NFC is loaded so I still think their ceiling is the divisional round.

Yeah that is an offense that can put up points assuming these guys can still play. The defense is going to be shored up in the draft I imagine. Thing is the NFC is loaded so I still think their ceiling is the divisional round.
    I mean being a Saints lifer I just want to see Brees do it one more time, we've had so many gutpunches in the past few years in the playoffs (Hell that could be said of the past 10 years of playoffs). But the NFC is going to be brutal, that number 1 seed is going to be so important for that week off and avoiding a week of brutal playoff games. It will be an amazing year of football assuming the season starts on time and as per normal with all the fans.

They have to trade OJ Howard now though, don't they? They already have Cameron Brate at the TE position, and idk that Howard will want to be TE2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how much talent they had at the TE position, and how little Bruce Arians got from them despite having the #1 passing offense in the league, was this really the wisest move?
    /s

No reason to get rid of any of their TEs. Gronkowski gets hurt every year anyway.

I still don't understand why people think the Bucs will suddenly be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    No reason to get rid of any of their TEs. Gronkowski gets hurt every year anyway.

I still don't understand why people think the Bucs will suddenly be good.
    People are used to watching NE play in a cupcake division every year. And Brady has won X Superbowls. They do not look at the bad sides of NE or Brady.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Edelman gets traded I'm fucking quitting football. :'(

Seriously though, this hurts. Gronk didn't have the heart to play anymore, but now that Tom has moved to Tampa, they're bringing the band back together? That sucks. 2 of my favourite players suddenly don't end their career as lifelong Patriots.

I wish them the best, but any inclination I had to bandwagon the Bucs is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edelman has to at least be on the market now, right?

Admittedly it sounds like NE never had a chance here. It was Tampa or the WWE for Gronk.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that was a serious question then the answer is almost certainly no. Patriots lack pass catching options to begin with, trading away the 1 option remaining that has seen and done it all with this team is highly unlikely.

The only reason I'm not saying "totally out of the question" is that it's still Belichick and you never know 100% for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I glad that TB finally cleaned its deadweight and got some talent. I'm a bit mad that we picked up some ex-Patriots. Kind of poetic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Admittedly it sounds like NE never had a chance here. It was Tampa or the WWE for Gronk.
    I mean in some ways it is a win for them getting the draft pick. I don't know if this puts dead money on the cap for the unretirement though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this puts dead money on the cap for the unretirement though.
    Not for the Patriots no. This cost them nothing, they just get a 4th rounder for a 7th rounder + a player who was never going to play for them anyway.

What I'm actually curious about is why OJ Howard wasn't involved in this trade. Tampa has like 15 TE's now and OJ Howard was on the trade block even before this. So I'm guessing this means that the Patriots aren't actually interested in OJ Howard at all, or they would have included him in the deal.

That's pretty interesting since the draft for TE is kinda weak and the market outside of Howard is weak, and the Patriots still have basically nothing at the position. And apparently they are even with that STILL not interested in Howard.

With how long he's been on the market, I'm starting to wonder if any team at all is interested in Howard or if Tampa is just going to cut him loose soon.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not for the Patriots no. This cost them nothing, they just get a 4th rounder for a 7th rounder + a player who was never going to play for them anyway.

What I'm actually curious about is why OJ Howard wasn't involved in this trade. Tampa has like 15 TE's now and OJ Howard was on the trade block even before this. So I'm guessing this means that the Patriots aren't actually interested in OJ Howard at all, or they would have included him in the deal.

That's pretty interesting since the draft for TE is kinda weak and the market outside of Howard is weak, and the Patriots still have basically nothing at the position. And apparently they are even with that STILL not interested in Howard.

With how long he's been on the market, I'm starting to wonder if any team at all is interested in Howard or if Tampa is just going to cut him loose soon.
    I don't get the Howard thing either, there are plenty of teams that can use a TE and I imagine the cost to get him is fairly low. It seems like if he's going to get traded at this point it will be during the Draft or shortly after once rosters start to take shape and teams know what they are missing and were unable to draft.