Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    MEchagnomes
    HATED them, now im sporting on as a main. lol

LEGION Legendary,

I got all the shit one, shitty ones in emerald nightmare, not even optimal in nighthold, and only having druid bracer at broken shore.

But with this shitty system, people who love to raid actually raids, even emerald nightmare normal, people who love to dungeon actually do M0 every week, people who love to WQ actually do WQ everyday, and most importantly people who love to run around open chest actually run around and open chest and be rewarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought the change of hunters from mana to focus was disgusting, actually didn't play my hunter again until the end of cataclysm. Eventually gave it a shot and while I wasn't blown away, it wasn't as bad as I had thought. Still haven't mained my hunter since then but I still hop on him now and then.

Still hate melee survival.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Malestrom for ele shaman. RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You prefer dailies "Oh a rare. Oh a rare. Oh a rare. oh a chest! oh a chest! oh a chest! Alright im here time to pick up my dai- " *Kill 3 rares. Loot 3 chests*

then world quests? literally dailies but you dont gotta pick em up/hand them in.
    the rares/chests dailies should not be a thing.
    Putin khuliyo

Have to agree with Legion Legendaries. They sucked for alts if you were trying relevant content on them, and they sucked for the first half of the expansion, but it actually felt alright once I had most of the Druid ones. Arguably my issue with that system was having to swap gear around constantly with four specs and various tier pieces but Legendaries themselves actually ended up feeling okay to me.

Never really felt strongly enough about the game to hate any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I hated Visions when they were launched but now that I've had a chance to experience them fully I still hate them.

Fuck.

Uh...

I hated WQs at first and now that they've been around for two expansions I still hate them.

FUCK.

Hmm...

I hated Island Expeditions and Warfronts and Blizzard managed to iterate on them to the point where they're actually fun and engaging still a complete waste of fucking time.

GOD DAMNIT

But seriously: I hated M+ at first but now it's the only content I really engage with so I guess there's that.
    There's A LOT of good games on steam. I can recommend some if you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Lack of knowledge because of lack of information is bad design anyway. Some quests literally didn't tell you where the NPC was located at and you HAD to remember them.
    Sweet lord I hated when quests had vague clues like "He rests where the sun sets!!!" like wtf does that even mean? only to eventually go onto the virus pit known as thotbot and look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Bigger bags and free respecs in resting zones. The rest I could really do without, e.g. Pathfinder.
    As a druid who used to tank/dps vanilla-legion, free respecs in rest zones are a fucking godsend. I can't imagine the amount of gold i dropped swapping specs for different content.
    Last edited by Scottyjscizzle; 2020-04-21 at 05:38 PM.

I can't think of anything. Most things I hated at first, I still hate them, or at the very least, don't give a shit.
    If things that blizz reverted due massive hate counts, I'd say Essence System, but just because it was fundamentally changed for alts.

Blizzard is mostly a ruiner; Demo warlocks, Dual Wield Frost Dks (which they are reverting, so no overtime love growth), Pruning of abilities. You got the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Bigger bags and free respecs in resting zones. The rest I could really do without, e.g. Pathfinder.
    You hated bigger bags at the beggining? I can make a stretch and understand the "respecs in resting zones" due RP reasons, but bigger bags?
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2020-04-21 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    You hated bigger bags at the beggining? I can make a stretch and understand the "respecs in resting zones" due RP reasons, but bigger bags?
    Probably some bullshit about the world feeling more immersive and challenging because you constantly run out of space

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I can think is actually the other way around.

I like(d) M+ because it was answer to those of us who wanted something remotely close to TBC heroics.

However, I dislike the timer element and, well, it's still an aoe fest, just one where you have to be more careful.

Oh yea, I still dislike WQs, mainly because I dislike that the game outside of instanced content seems to be tied to them

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Cata talent trees at first but liked them eventually. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Hated gcd change, still do
    c

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters mana change to Energy.

I hated the removal of Demo Metamorphosis quite long as it had been the most fun thing for ages for Demo, but... I have learned to love how Demo now works, focusing on summoning instead of becoming a Demon.

Hated the moving of all healers to magic dispel. My poor shaman could remove everything BUT magic, and now he doesn't remember what the hell poison and diseases are. I liked the change in WoD when I got to raid heal interesting content (quit raiding in Cata Firelands, then got stuck as DPS through MoP).

Didn't really hate it and it was maybe not a change, but I laughed at the idea of a Void Elf when it was datamined.

It quickly turned into my favorite race in WoW. So now I got 4 Void Elves at level 120 and its also the most active characters that I play. Void Elves and Vulpera ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    What have been some of the changes blizzard have made over the years that at first you really disliked or hated but overtime have softened and now enjoy or appreciate?
    The ability to hybrid spec being taken away really sucked, but the modern talents do kind of feel a lot better just less freedom overall. So I like the new talents more because each has far more of an impact (for the most part, we all know there are throw away talents).
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal