Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    This is probably the most hillarious thing ever happened to me in WoW.
    Let me tell you a story:
    Last weekend I decided to gear up one of my alts (a Frost Mage). I hit ilvl 444, so I thought I'd queue up for some mythic +7 or +8.
    After signing up for the first +7 dungeon, I got a whisper: "SORRY MATE YOU BRONZE DAMAGE" (in all caps).
    I was like "WHAT THE..."?

When you mouse over onto a player's name in group finder, you can see his/her Proving Grounds results. Does anyone ever played in Proving Grounds after MoP?
    Does any of you ever NOT invited someone, because of "Bronze damage"? Does any of you ever even checked this (mousing over someone's name)?

I never thought anyone would ever do such a thing. I laughed so hard after this whisper. Anyway I went to the Proving Grounds and quickly completed silver and gold, but serioulsy not inviting because of this...
    Image proof (I can't post links - and my old account is deleted since the changes here): https: //i.imgur.com/DojgGCJ.jpg
    Back in WoD, I used Provinggrounds Gold as Requirement for my Groups.

And even now I take Proving grounds into Consideration. If someone doesnt have ProvingGrounds, RIO, nor Logs, hes a complete wildcard.
    He can perform anywhere between 5K DPS and 120K DPS.

So if I see someone with only Bronze Proving Grounds, that tells me that at least at some point he wasnt good enough for even Heroic Dungeons. Doesnt tell me he is it now, but its an Indicator. So Obviously it affects my likelyhood of Inviting him negativly.
    Someone with Gold is more likely to get an Invite.

I would really welcome having the Proving Grounds mandatory again like in WoD.
    The Threshold to buy a SinglePlayer scenario/achievment where you would have someone else play your account is much higher then to buy a RIO Rating or Curve.

So it makes it easier to find People with appropriate skill levels.

Clicker spotted
    c

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You know there is a global cooldown in the game and ability queueing exists.
    Thats' nice, but that's also valid for 6-9. We're talking about speed and speed matters when you're NOT on GCD and want to react instantly to the situation that arises in arena for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Also, shift and control are being used by your left pinky, if you aren't using that finger for shift and control....WHAT are you using it for?
    Yeah, still you have to do the pause I mentioned, even if you're literally N'Zoth sitting behind the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Obviously you didn't read the rules so let me tell you that making another account to circumvent a ban is bannable as well. Just wait until the original ban is over and after that try to contribute better.
    Sure I didn't, also I never had an account here before. Why is claiming that binding anything beyound 5 is making you a garbage is not trolling, but claiming that 2 keys are slower than one is - that's beyond me honestly. Also instant accusements of "burner accs" are cute, speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Dzugaru; 2020-04-22 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Just go off ilvl. It's not like mythics are difficult before +10.
    Its not like there are enough people with 470 gear who cant even get 30K DPS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, but i will immensely judge you if i find out that you have an ability that isn't keybound.

Down with all clickers!
    Well f*** you and everyone else who has this attitude then.

I do a combination of keybinds and clicking because of horrible muscle memory.
    Still didn't stop me from getting most of Mage Tower skins for the classes I play(Druid, shaman, hunter, mage, warrior, monk) including the infamous guardian druid one.

Judging people on their keybinds is childish because you don't know how they perform just from seeing their setup.

The way people are responding to this thread reminds me why I don't play WoW anymore, lol.

Circlejerking those keybinds like the world will implode if he clicked something, or wasn't in the 99th percentile for dealing damage on mythic +6 dungeons. The extent that people are obsessing over this is to the point where it is almost as bad as the guy declining him with "SORY MATE YOU BRONZE DMG". People shitting on him for using base UI are even worse, why would you even care? LOL smh
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-04-22 at 10:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Well f*** you and everyone else who has this attitude then.

I do a combination of keybinds and clicking because of horrible muscle memory.
    Still didn't stop me from getting most of Mage Tower skins for the classes I play(Druid, shaman, hunter, mage, warrior, monk) including the infamous guardian druid one.

Judging people on their keybinds is childish because you don't know how they perform just from seeing their setup.
    Lol, you are taking my comment a tad bit too seriously.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Lol, you are taking my comment a tad bit too seriously.
    Well more than one person in this thread has said the same as you so my point still stands.

I also have short fingers and some keybinds are simply impossible for me. Also due to my shitty muscle memory I have dismounted myself more than once while flying because I fumbled a keybind -_- Hence why I click. Safer that way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Well more than one person in this thread has said the same as you so my point still stands.
    Yes, because clicker hatred is a meme.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The way people are responding to this thread reminds me why I don't play WoW anymore, lol.

Circlejerking those keybinds and base UI like the world will implode if he clicked something, or wasn't in the 99th percentile for dealing damage on mythic +6 dungeons. The extent that people are obsessing over this is to the point where it is almost as bad as the guy declining him with "SORY MATE YOU BRONZE DMG".
    Pretty much this, while it is obviously slower to click than to use keybinds, it's not like you can't complete a 15 key in time without outgearing the instance if you don't have any keybinds or addons

95% of the game's content can be done without any add-on or keybinds, those are just making it easier by bringing more or less essential information on top of the screen or by playing more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    endless 30 checking in

Git gud
    Same. I’ve got “the Proven Healer” too. It was extremely easy to get, WoW is just literally full of bad players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    WASD makes no sense in WoW because all the A and D do is turn you in place. I have never used that once. Its better to bind A and D to skills or spells. WoW is about QWES, because Q and E strafe side to side and W and S walk you forwards and backwards.
    You don't need to bind strafing to a key, you can strafe by holding RMB + A/D

E and Q should be used for your most frequently used abilities, as they are closest buttons.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-04-22 at 11:03 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Actually, I went ahead and conjured a simple test of speed of Shift+1 vs. single 9 (imgur.com/pdwQuRd). The results are: the reaction time itself seems to dominate, I get 400-600 ms delay using both keybinds. So I'm wrong (so is the guy saying 6-9 is slow). We can leave this at that, I guess.

The code is here (you need to create a WPF app in VS and place a button and a label yourself)
    pastebin.com/uRrGBiJV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    *Points at signature*
    Your signature broke as fuck boi.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The reason I stay clear of higher difficulty content is not because it's harder, but because there's this insufferable human element to it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    The reason I stay clear of higher difficulty content is not because they're harder, but because there's this insufferable human element to it.
    Well hey man, torghast and visions are solo bay-be!

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I got the knowledge that I was in the top 3 in the world for my class and spec. Have you ever been top 3 in the world for anything in this game? Git gud.
    No offense but doubt. Your links you use to try and showboat don't even work. Lol
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Well hey man, torghast and visions are solo bay-be!
    Which is great!
    I look forward to Torghast since I am having a lot of fun with soloing Visions. Also all my friends stopped playing in WoD so haven't really had anyone to play with for two expansions...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    You've played 4+ years alone and not managed to make any friends in the game? /feelsbadman
    Wait people have friends..?
    I thought that was just a movie thing.

Strange ! all these years i play i was never asked about proving grounds and i have done only what i needed to unlock LFG back in MoP ! this is the first time i see someone actually looking at proving