Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Vrykul and Tuskarr possible allied race?

With them finding data about possible 4 new allied races, including skeleton and forest trolls, I'm honestly more excited at the possibility of vrykul and tuskarr, 2 races people have been asking to play as since wrath days.

And as for the other possibility of playing as the new shadow lands races, no, just no, that makes no sense as they are neither mortal races or have any affiliations to one faction, and are just stewards of the realm of death
    #boycottchina

I wanna be a chubby Tuskarr waddling around being the hero.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Tuskarr, Skeletons, Forest Trolls and Vrykul had RaceIDs since WotLK
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

https://i.imgur.com/5CNeJp1.gifv

Playable tuskarrs confirmed!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

What are female tuskarrs even gonna look like

10+ Year Old Account
    I would literally scream in joy if we finally get Vrykul. I've wanted to play as a Vrykul shieldmaiden since Wrath.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Anything is possible.

Horde Vrykul would definitely catch my interest REAL quick.

Shadowlands races becoming playable would be weird. But I'm open to the idea as well.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What are female tuskarrs even gonna look like
    No tusks, obviously. D'uh!

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone thinkin tuskar have change are compltely delusional, they only do races with pretty females, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Anything is possible.

Horde Vrykul would definitely catch my interest REAL quick.
    big humans for horde? yeah no thanks, we already got too many alliance shenanigans

Looks like this is one way Blizz make money now so we will definitely have allied races.
    Have they revealed all the reputation factions yet?

I mean. Id play a tuskarr. I dont think it would happen.

I giess you could base them of a modified pandren?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Pretty sure Tuskarr, Skeletons, Forest Trolls and Vrykul had RaceIDs since WotLK
    This. There have been no changes here, those 4 have always had a race id in the files for some reason, nothing new. There is absolutely nothing to suggest they will become allied races or new races. Right now, the only ones that maaaybe have some hints of being playable are the Fauns and Venthyr.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Anyone thinkin tuskar have change are compltely delusional, they only do races with pretty females, for obvious reasons.

big humans for horde? yeah no thanks, we already got too many alliance shenanigans
    Ah the big human comment classic.

Anyway I would play Vrykul in a heartbeat on the horde. Vrykul master race if they ever become playable.

Please spare yourself in quoting me back with inc: they are to large/ big human. Alwqys though it was weird, they should have become playable at the first AR batch next to the other factions who became playable, nightborne, highmountain etc.

Wouldnt it be great if sigryn (now that Vrykul queen) to be the facto leader. She is also part of that normal still thriving Vrykul faction. The valarjar are a differnt grp, but still allies.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-04-22 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

With them finding data about possible 4 new allied races, including skeleton and forest trolls, I'm honestly more excited at the possibility of vrykul and tuskarr, 2 races people have been asking to play as since wrath days.

And as for the other possibility of playing as the new shadow lands races, no, just no, that makes no sense as they are neither mortal races or have any affiliations to one faction, and are just stewards of the realm of death
    Have you even watched the video that you posted?

Those are 4 of the covenant races. They probably don't have an ID for them at the moment but it's pretty clear those are meant to be the 4 covenant races when you look at male/female models.

It would make sense, Allied Races are not supposed to be a huge investment and Tuskarrs and Vrykuls don't have up-to-date models that support all kinds of animations and gear. Therefore re-making the Tuskarr skeleton or Vrykul skeleton to support being playable would be a major undertaking for little benefit.
    On the other hand they must have builts the new races with Allied Races in mind. You can even see the covenant races use existing skeletons with high-def models.
    They did this with the Vulpera and it was in the game since 8.0 (and Zandalari too but we knew those were coming).

Watch your own stuff first please.
    Last edited by Garymorilix; 2020-04-22 at 01:33 PM.

Tuskarr? I really don't want to play as Woody Woodpecker's bad guy. Vrykul? I felt like Kul'tirans were Blizzard's answer for that request (they never really give us exactly what they want, just halfway) but I'd play one. It would have to be on the Horde, though, I don't see Vrykul and Humans being friendly, it'd be weird.

The Vrykul, Tuskarr, Forest Troll and "Skeleton" race IDs were ported over to Allied Race database to be used as "dummy ids" for the eventual next set of ARs. THey've been in the system forever.

The actual ID NUMBERS they used correspond to covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Maybe I just don't know enough about Vrykul culture. Besides being "big humans", what exactly is very Alliance-like about them? I'd sooner imagine some Northrend tribe of Vrykul forming some kind of pact of strength with the Horde, rather than swearing fealty to the noble values of a human king.

I quite like the idea of playing a tuskarr...

but it's far more likely these are reserved for the covenant races... which is something the video actually goes into; if you watch it past the 1st half.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    They have been. They're not going to be allied races. Or at least, I wouldn't hold my breath...

If you look at the database yourself: https://wow.tools/dbc/?dbc=alliedrac...1.34098#page=1

You see races ID 15, 16, 17, and 18. Which are Skeleton, Vrykul, Tuskarr, Forest Troll. But if you look further right in the columns, you can see that they have been assigned Kyrian, Night Fae, Venthyr and Necrolord models. So it's more likely that those race ID slots are being re-appropriated for use with the covenant races.