Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Flying Update in Shadowlands

Flying Update in Shadowlands
    We've previously covered the new Flying unlock levels in Shadowlands.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the major changes coming to leveling characters from 10-50 in Shadowlands, we want to make sure that there is a navigational parity among all of the different expansions you can choose while questing. In the next version of the Shadowlands Alpha that will appear this week, testers are going to see an intentional change coming to Shadowlands for a couple of older Pathfinder achievements.

Specifically, the flight training rewards from Draenor Pathfinder and Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two will no longer be required for flying in Draenor or Broken Isles content. These will now be granted at level 30 with expert flying.

The achievements will remain in place as before, and Draenor Pathfinder will still be the way to earn the Soaring Skyterror mount, while Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One will continue to reward increased mount speed in the Broken Isles.

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-04-23 at 10:01 AM.

Another good news, another thing we got from WoD era that's gone. Yes, BFA is not the best expansion. But obviously it's not the worst.

we want to make sure that there is a navigational parity among all of the different expansions you can choose while questing
    Proceeds to arbitrarily not apply the same logic to BFA

This is nice and all, but I think there should be something a little better associated with those who ground them all out.

%T the Pathfinder...?
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

about time, wasting time while leveling in WoD serves none other than idiots that belive that trivial stuff have to be 'earned' by wasted time, WoD has been irrelevant for years, personally when leveling i always skip draenor entirely via dungeons/archaeology and the likes, might even give the continent another chance now

Sooooo.... new players who are stuck leveling up in BFA zones from 10 to 50, and then Shadowlands from 50-60, will have to do the entirety of their leveling without flying.

It seems that in all their attempts to make the brand new player experience better this expansion, this one decision is going to override all the good changes for brand new players.

At least currently, new players can get flying at 60, and fly through BC, WotLK, Pandaria, and Cata. Sure, they hit a wall once they get to WoD/Legion/BFA... but there is a nice gap between where they can fly. if the 10-50 leveling experience is supposed to take a similar amount of time as the 1-110 experience, thats gonna be rough on new players without being able to fly in at least SOME of that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    This is nice and all, but I think there should be something a little better associated with those who ground them all out.

%T the Pathfinder...?
    You still get the mount & increased speed as rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post

%T the Pathfinder...?
    There is. You were able to fly in the zones when they were relevant.

Look at it this way: "There should be something a little better associated with those who grinded all ICC25hc epics out.

%T the Epic...?"

No. Your reward was to have the best gear when that content was relevant. Same as flying in these zones - it made that content easier and faster and Blizzard owes you nothing for changing it now, years later.

Stop looking for recompensations and recognition rewards literally everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    No,

They can get flying at level 30 ...
    He literally just said that you can't fly if you choose to spend your entire time leveling in BFA content, yet you can fly in all the rest pre-Shadowlands. What's the point in making something accessible and easier for new players if you completely ignore being able to fly in BFA content? Seems like they're just more afraid to hurt the feelings who worked towards flying in BFA than they are making it easier to newer players. The fact it took them this long to remove the grind to fly from WoD blows my fucking mind and it only shows how stubborn and disconnected this dev team can be.
    Last edited by La; 2020-04-22 at 05:05 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    No,

They can get flying at level 30 ...
    ... and fly in BFA at 30?

Why is there no comment about pathfinder not being needed in BFA?

Why only mention WoD and Legion?

Perhaps I need to bring up the fact that a brand new player is STUCK leveling in BFA. They dont get to choose another area.

Quote Originally Posted by Zewks View Post
    Sooooo.... new players who are stuck leveling up in BFA zones from 10 to 50, and then Shadowlands from 50-60, will have to do the entirety of their leveling without flying.

It seems that in all their attempts to make the brand new player experience better this expansion, this one decision is going to override all the good changes for brand new players.

At least currently, new players can get flying at 60, and fly through BC, WotLK, Pandaria, and Cata. Sure, they hit a wall once they get to WoD/Legion/BFA... but there is a nice gap between where they can fly. if the 10-50 leveling experience is supposed to take a similar amount of time as the 1-110 experience, thats gonna be rough on new players without being able to fly in at least SOME of that content.
    I seriously doubt a brand new player would have issue with this. The leveling will still go by so fast for even brand new players. Arguably, too fast for these hypothetical brand new players to even get a good grasp on the playing the game while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    about time, wasting time while leveling in WoD serves none other than idiots that belive that trivial stuff have to be 'earned' by wasted time, WoD has been irrelevant for years, personally when leveling i always skip draenor entirely via dungeons/archaeology and the likes, might even give the continent another chance now
    not like you have to in SL anyways, you can just pick any expansion to level in anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Another good news, another thing we got from WoD era that's gone. Yes, BFA is not the best expansion. But obviously it's not the worst.
    Hard disagree. BfA makes me nostalgic for the dumpster fire of WOD

Nah, i don't think so. BfA leveling is fine without flying, specially for a new player. The zones are not too big, they are well connected and with a good amount of flight paths, questing has some good flow... A new player can't miss flying (they never had flying as us veterans), they'll be fine and is actually a smart move to make the whole 1-60 experience be a bit more consistent.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    It could be argued that BfA is indeed the worst expansion they've ever released. Seriously.

OMG I WANT ALL THAT TIME AND EFFORT THAT I SPENT ON GETTING PATHFINDER REFUNDDDDDDED

Or not because I'm not a whiney little snot and all that effort allowed me to fly at the time. Also, it wasn't hard or all that time consuming....

regardless there's absolutely no reason to waste time even if you're only in to grab a tranmog or a hunter pet or whatever, if old content is to offer something to the players it has to be as accessible as possible, besides WoD is largely one of the least appreciated expanions, this way people might actually give it a chance

farming for outdated content is BS (other for some elite achievements that should remain exclusive to those who earned them in their prime)

Not removing BfA makes sense.

New players are forced to level through BfA, so they want them to experience the game properly, at the right speed and flow it was designed around, which it was not done with flying. We've all just done it and personally, while I love having flying, I didn't really miss it that much while levelling through BfA. Not to mention a new player can't miss something they never had.

As for other expansions, new players can only access that once they've maxed level and go back or level an alt. By which time they will presumably have flying anyway on their main. So giving them flying for the other expansions they're now going back to makes sense.

From a new players perspective, this is how it'll go:

Level BfA > Go to SL

Get max level > Fly in SL

Create alt > Go to another expansion

level to 30 > Get flying

That's the only order they can do in, so at no point would they gain flying and then lose it again, outside of maybe getting BfA pathfinder before going to SL. So honestly, this is a change that makes sense. Old expansions are exactly that, old content. Players skipping the world and just flying from point to point isn't that big a deal, BfA though will still be relevant as the lead up to SL so they likely want players to experience it properly.

Yeah! OMG that's going to be such a rough 6 hours... how will they ever manage?

Cool guys. You are about 3 years late though lol.