10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I gotta love all the rubes bashing Nancy Pelosi for eating gourmet ice cream from a $24,000 fridge . . . yet support a president who lived in a golden tower . . .
    It's even worse than that -- they point to Trump's apparent wealth as a sign of his success and fitness to lead. But when it comes to democrats? Naw.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I gotta love all the rubes bashing Nancy Pelosi for eating gourmet ice cream from a $24,000 fridge . . . yet support a president who lived in a golden tower . . .
    I bet she even eats two scoops : P

Was the fridge bought with government money? If so that's bad but there are bigger things. If not lol wasn't it Carson who spent a shit ton on chairs or am I mistaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    How shitty. So many Americans with cardio issues... USA citizens are easy kills for this virus.
    Well that's a fairly ignorant response.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well that's a fairly ignorant response.
    Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2019 Update. The Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2019 Update from the American Heart Association indicates that: 116.4 million, or 46% of US adults are estimated to have hypertension. ... About 2,303 deaths from CVD each day, based on 2016 data.
    https://professional.heart.org › UCM...
    Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics - 2019 Update - Professional Heart Daily

https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm

I’ll admit my response is morbid , but not ignorant.
    Covid-19 is deadlier to those with pre existing conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...447630848?s=19
    @Breccia. Posted this but...

I never knew boats can fly.
    And sink all the planes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2019 Update from the American Heart Association indicates that: 116.4 million, or 46% of US adults are estimated to have hypertension.
    So, pretty close to Europe, for example then, right?

I’ll admit my response is morbid , but not ignorant.
    Your comment is ignorant of the fact that they're talking about sizeable blood clots being formed, which are a problem for anyone, should they enter the bloodstream, not simply those with hypertension. The US is also on the low side, internationally, for heart disease death rates. If that's the metric, then Eastern Europe, Russia, and the Middle East are going to have a far, far worse time.

And the quoted portion literally says:
    With no clear patterns in terms of age or chronic conditions, some scientists hypothesize that at least some of these abnormalities may be explained by severe changes in patients’ blood.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...447630848?s=19
    @Breccia. Posted this but...

I never knew boats can fly.
    https://youtu.be/UjASERYanDI

....sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    That is very concerning. Not the clots or they travel or the age of people it's happening to. That last 2 sentences. "We don't know. And therefore, we are scared."

I had a nasty case of strep throat, ignored it for a few weeks because, even though I worked hospice home health care, they didn't offer insurance. I was between patients when it happened, at home playing WoW all day. Finally go to a doc-in-the-box because it hurts and I'm having trouble swallowing. He looks in my mouth and immediately "Oh wow." I don't recall being that scared in a very very long time hearing a Doc say "Oh wow." at first glance.

That this doc quoted publicly says they're scared, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So, pretty close to Europe, for example then, right?

Your comment is ignorant of the fact that they're talking about sizeable blood clots being formed, which are a problem for anyone, should they enter the bloodstream, not simply those with hypertension. The US is also on the low side, internationally, for heart disease death rates. If that's the metric, then Eastern Europe, Russia, and the Middle East are going to have a far, far worse time.

And the quoted portion literally says:
    I understood what the article said.

I was thinking of those that already have heart and cardio healthy issues as this means they are more at risk than previously thought.

Most Europeans have access to better health care and affordable health care.

Most Americans don’t and often don’t get care even with access provided hence my morbid comment on more deaths in the US.

My comment should have been placed alone without quoting the article and typed in an more appropriate manner. But sometimes laziness wins.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2020-04-22 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...10542008549376

Of course there's a fucking tweet for this. Of fucking course.
    This is the sad part (of many). When 2016 General Election was happening and Clinton was nailed on her political past and you can say "other" history, Trump could never get pinned to anything. Much of this, especially in the forums, was already the Cult of Trump and hatred for Hillary where if Trump had anything in the past, he was impeachable.

So we have so many tweets where Trump was armchair Quarterbacking or saying what he would do with no consequences. All these tweets make him look a fool, which is not hard, but also shows what an idiot he was on policy.

Next time let's learn not to give people a pass if they have no political history and scrutinize more of what they have stated.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    I understood what the article said.

I was thinking of those that already have heart and cardio healthy issues as this means they are more at risk than previously thought.
    First, like I said, the US doesn't have such worse cardio health issues as to make it a meaningfully better target for the disease than most others.

Second, while hypertension is a pre-existing condition, it's not the most influential. For example, stats show that the prevalence of hypertension in US adults aged 40-59 is 33.2%. Most recent death totals from NYC show a prevalence of hypertension as a pre-existing condition of 43.3% (901/2083) for the same age range.

33.2% of the population, but only 43.3% share of the deaths. That's not a huge increase in risk, especially considering that many people with other pre-existing conditions might commonly have hypertension, as well. I'm pretty sure every other pre-existing condition has a larger attendant increase in risk than hypertension.

Most Europeans have access to better health care and affordable health care.

Most Americans don’t and often don’t get care even with access provided hence my morbid comment on more deaths in the US.
    Yup, just another one of those grossly exaggerated comments not worth the pixels of which they're made.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Trump at a tree-planting ceremony: "We're planting 10 beautiful specimen trees. They're specimens. All specimens. People may think that's an exaggeration or that's a Trump term. Actually, they're sold as specimens. They cost more money but they are better. I buy a lot of 'em."
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/12...127713793?s=19

Word salad with stupidity in the middle. A specimen is used for scientific study. Highly doubt these trees will be studied.

I guess he is selling us on these are best trees, the greatest trees?

Trump before planting a tree: "This tree will grow, also, and it'll stand tall and beautiful, and the future generations will be looking at it, and they'll say, 'I wonder who planted that tree?'" He says we'll tell them that it was the others attending this ceremony.
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/12...079265798?s=19

There we go! The narcassim we have all come to know.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/12...127713793?s=19

Word salad with stupidity in the middle. A specimen is used for scientific study. Highly doubt these trees will be studied.

I guess he is selling us on these are best trees, the greatest trees?

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/12...079265798?s=19

There we go! The narcassim we have all come to know.
    what the fuck does any of this even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN: Director of key federal vaccine agency says his departure was retaliation
    The director of the office involved in developing a coronavirus vaccine says he was abruptly dismissed from his post in part because he resisted efforts to widen the availability of a coronavirus treatment pushed by President Donald Trump.

Dr. Rick Bright had led BARDA, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, since 2016 until Tuesday, when was reassigned to a narrower position. He also announced he will file a whistleblower complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services' inspector general.

"I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit," Bright said in a lengthy statement issued Wednesday. "I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science -- not politics or cronyism -- has to lead the way."

He cited "clashes with political leadership" as a reason for his sidelining, as well as his resistance to "efforts to fund potentially dangerous drugs promoted by those with political connections."

Bright clashed directly with Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and Bob Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and response, two people familiar with the situation told CNN.

One source said the "political leadership" Bright referred to in his statement is Azar.

Bright previously did not respond to repeated requests for comment on his departure by CNN. The Department of Health and Human Services did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment on Bright's statement.

Bright said he "limited the broad use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, promoted by the administration as a panacea, but which clearly lack scientific merit."

Trump repeatedly promoted that therapeutic treatment for coronavirus, touting its possible effects at White House briefings as recently as April 13.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...64793818357765

That's a pretty long thread. The whole thread is the statement of Dr. Rick Bright.

Basically the "Director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)" was demoted because... you may have guessed it, he urged Trump to do something useful instead of pumping all the money into his rich friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    what the fuck does any of this even mean?
    A speech surpassing Shakespeare's writing given by their Cheetos colored god emperor, according to Trumpkins.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well that’s some shitty news and a bit depressing.

That is not the only definition of specimen. Usage three.

OT: So, Dr Richard Bright is filing a whisleblower complaint that he was demoted for resisting trump's corruption.

"To this point, I have led the government's efforts to invest in the best science available to combat the COVID-19 pandemic," he said. "Unfortunately, this resulted in clashes with HHS political leadership, including criticism for my proactive efforts to invest early in vaccines and supplies critical to saving American lives. I also resisted efforts to fund potentially dangerous drugs promoted by those with political connections."
    It's possible this might involve funneling covid-19 money to trump's political allies:

Dr. Bright said in his statement he is "speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science – not politics or cronyism – has to lead the way." He said he will request HHS' inspector general "investigate the manner in which this Administration has politicized the work of BARDA and has pressured me and other conscientious scientists to fund companies with political connections as well as efforts that lack scientific merit."
    Edit: apparently beat to the punch by a poster I've never seen before, @PhaelixWW
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I think the question we should be asking how much money Trump stands to make off hydroxychloroquine because that fucker can barely say regular words but he says this no problem.