10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand why they had Cloud do a dance number like something from Britains got talent, was weird as fuck being a part of that.

2 years between installments is what I'm after, and please, nothing like FF15.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2020-04-23 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    beats having to wait nearly 5+ years for the first installment

- - - Updated - - -

i saw Maximilian Dood's final boss twitch where he hit off a 17k smackdown hit
    Sorry, 5 years? People have been waiting for this well over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You are clearly going crazy on us
    I already said im not sure if is because im old? But...feels relaxing.

But to be honest.
    The first time i played FF XV was in 2016...and i hated it and had your exact opinion.
    The thing is i played it with an ENTIRELY different mindset.
    I RUSHED everything and only wanted to see the main story. I rushed so much i was constantly underleveled in all fights.

fastforward to today...e decided to chillllllllllllllax and play reallllllllllllly slow.
    Is extremely relaxing and im never underleveled
    Age isn't really the defining factor here. I'm a year older than yourself and while I'm less picky about what I see in games, I can still very much get bored of games if I don't feel engaged. FFXV had some neat visuals, but exploration wise things got old fast. If you want large scale maps that allow you to explore and build your understanding of the world, Elder Scrolls games have a much better template for that.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    That's what I'm talking about, gamers who have zero appreciation for the world itself and only for what short term distractions it can provide. If it isn't filled with a never-ending amount of punching bags then it's just dismissed as "boring and empty".
    A game is an interactive experience, people expecting there to be stuff to do goes hand in hand with the medium. I can appreciate the level of detail and work put into the environment but appreciation alone isn't incentive to keep loading up the game and playing for the sake of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    People have been wanting this for well over a decade, not necessarily waiting. SE were pretty hard on squashing all expectations of a FF7 remake until 2015 when they released the teaser trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Vapor Ware being announced does not mean game is in development. Nor is the garbage that is luminous engine comparable to unreal.

Also wanting the game to be like XV is wanting the game to be garbage. XV is trash, let's hope the comparisons to it are minimal at best. XV would be the worst main line FF game if 2 didn't exist.
    What hyped me the most of FF7 Remake was the combat overhaul which has taken lessons from FFXV and expanded it as well as mixing it with new modern twist on ATB.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Age isn't really the defining factor here. I'm a year older than yourself and while I'm less picky about what I see in games, I can still very much get bored of games if I don't feel engaged. FFXV had some neat visuals, but exploration wise things got old fast. If you want large scale maps that allow you to explore and build your understanding of the world, Elder Scrolls games have a much better template for that.

A game is an interactive experience, people expecting there to be stuff to do goes hand in hand with the medium. I can appreciate the level of detail and work put into the environment but appreciation alone isn't incentive to keep loading up the game and playing for the sake of it.

- - - Updated - - -

People have been wanting this for well over a decade, not necessarily waiting. SE were pretty hard on squashing all expectations of a FF7 remake until 2015 when they released the teaser trailer.
    Technically, no. It was first announced in the early 2000s and was meant to be on PS2. So, for those of us who have been around, it has been something fans have heard about, wishes for, and been teased thru the years as a project before finally being realized in 2015 as a concrete reality.
    Before you follow up with “...but Square quashed...”. The original announcement for PS2 was an official announcement, but then just faded. They never stated it was ended, just stopped talking about it.
    In 2007, they denied a remake as happening when fans asked for it on PS3. You could make an argument for that; however, Square did have an official announcement originally in 2000, so my point still stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I still don't understand why they had Cloud do a dance number like something from Britains got talent, was weird as fuck being a part of that.

2 years between installments is what I'm after, and please, nothing like FF15.
    Yeah, pretty out of the blue. It was fine overall and visually done well, but while I’m not a fan of rhythm games/minigames as you can’t always pay attention to the actual movements and scene while watching button press timing, it was interesting.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-04-23 at 09:42 AM.

Technically, no. It was first announced in the early 2000s and was meant to be on PS2. So, for those of us who have been around, it has been something fans have heard about, wishes for, and been teased thru the years as a project before finally being realized in 2015 as a concrete reality.
    Before you follow up with “...but Square quashed...”. The original announcement for PS2 was an official announcement, but then just faded. They never stated it was ended, just stopped talking about it.
    In 2007, they denied a remake as happening when fans asked for it on PS3. You could make an argument for that; however, Square did have an official announcement originally in 2000, so my point still stands.

Actually there was two occasions they denied it, after the E3 tech demo for PS3 and on the 10th anniversary.

Demand for a remake grew following a PlayStation 3 tech demo at the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo, showcasing the opening of VII with Square's new Crystal Tools engine. Further demand came during the game's impending tenth anniversary in 2007. On both occasions, Square denied that any remake was in development, for reasons including their focus on new games, the necessity to cut elements to make a remake manageable, the difficulty of developing for modern hardware, and the amount of development time it would require.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake

Sure they did promise it originally for PS2 (and I was around for that as well I might add) but ultimately when a company says "we have no plans to develop a remake" that completely overrides any previous comments they have made.

Even after the reveal, they pretty much confirmed they barely had any actual development. In that regard it was a decision reversal, rather than "they'd been working on it for over a decade".

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Actually there was two occasions they denied it, after the E3 tech demo for PS3 and on the 10th anniversary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake

Sure they did promise it originally for PS2 (and I was around for that as well I might add) but ultimately when a company says "we have no plans to develop a remake" that completely overrides any previous comments they have made.

Even after the reveal, they pretty much confirmed all they didn't have much developed. In that regard it was a decision reversal, rather than "they'd been working on it for over a decade".
    Okay, but now you’re splitting hairs to still have a point. As I originally stated, people have been waiting over a decade, and then even stated Square had an official announcement in 2000 about a remake that faded into obscurity. So, while stating you could argue the later denials, there was an official announcement fans had literally 20 years ago. So, people have indeed been wanting, wishing for, and indeed waitingfor a remake for longer than just 2015.
    I also never stated they have been working on it for that long. That’s your attempt to twist words for your side of the point, which doesn’t apply to this topic.
    So, in this argument between us, it boils down to: Square announced it, we have waited. Original announcement back in 2000. Denial in PS3 days of any plans at that time. Official announcement in 2015 for PS4, which also could have later trailed off into obscurity. The denial of something being made for one system doesn’t overwrite the fact people have waited for a remake since the door was originally opened years prior.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-04-23 at 10:09 AM.

Okay, but now you’re splitting hairs to still have a point. As I originally stated, people have been waiting over a decade, and then even stated Square had an official announcement in 2000 about a remake that faded into obscurity. So, while stating you could argue the later denials, there was an official announcement fans had literally 20 years ago. So, people have indeed been wanting, wishing for, and indeed waitingfor a remake for longer than just 2015.
    I also never stated they have been working on it for that long. That’s your attempt to twist words for your side of the point, which doesn’t apply to this topic.
    So, in this argument between us, it boils down to: Square announced it, we have waited. Original announcement back in 2000. Denial in PS3 days of any plans at that time. Official announcement in 2015 for PS4, which also could have later trailed off into obscurity. The denial of something being made for one system doesn’t overwrite the fact people have waited for a remake since the door was originally opened years prior.
    What argument? I'm clarifying that realistically we've been waiting 5 years for the remake because for 5 years we've known it's a thing that SE have actually been working on the damn thing. The fact that diehard fans have been holding on to hope for over a decade that something might materialise is just blind faith.

Companies do 180s all the time, sometimes they follow through with original promises, sometimes it gets left in the ether to never see the light of day. Thankfully FF7 remake is the former but that was never a given.

From official reveal, fantasies and hopes don’t factor into that time unfortunately so yes, 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    From official reveal, fantasies and hopes don’t factor into that time unfortunately so yes, 5 years.
    Again, there was an original official announcement in 2000 for a remake on PS2. So yes, people have wanted, and waited for, a remake release since then.
    Not sure why you and Great Destiny Man are going with this argument anyways. I can literally wait for living quarter to be built on the moon. It may not happen, but that doesn’t mean I’m not waiting for it to happen. There’s nothing in the definition that states something must be officially announced to be able wait for it.

Again, there was an original official announcement in 2000 for a remake on PS2. So yes, people have wanted, and waited for, a remake release since then.
    Not sure why you and Great Destiny Man are going with this argument anyways. I can literally wait for living quarter to be built on the moon. It may not happen, but that doesn’t mean I’m not waiting for it to happen. There’s nothing in the definition that states something must be officially announced to be able wait for it.
    You're the one that tried to correct unknown based on how long you feel you've been waiting for it. The disagreements on semantics isn't even that big of a deal but you're constantly trying to label this as an "argument".

Haven’t finished part 1 yet, but from what people are stating in this thread I feel like I might know where it’s going. If they Dragon Quest XI this I might be pretty upset.

and it was also said that FF8 and 9 would also get it for the PS2 as well, and those didn't happen either.
    Square Enix promised a full on updated remake of Final Fantasies VII – IX, that would have been completely done up with graphical and audio enhancements that befit the PlayStation 2 system it would have graced
    '
    and we have those now, so the promise for the "remake" did happen, this new game right now is a sequel/remake if you want to dig deeper into things.

also just for clarification, 2015 they announced that they were going to make do on a remake, 2016 they were finished writing the scenario and then used CyberConnect2 to help with development, to which they stopped using roughly mid 2017 and then they did the rest on their own, (who knows how long they were into it when CyberConnect2 were helping) so 2-3 years for the first game where it was trial and error which tbh is pretty much amazing they even got it done "that quick", we should be seeing some sort of an announcement in roughly a year for part 2.

Been playing the original Final fantasy VII (first time playthrough), and I'm actually glad I played Remake first because it's interesting getting to understand the context behind a lot of the scenes on a deeper level now. Needless to say, I won't view Cloud the same again lol.

I'm a couple hours into disc 2 right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Been playing the original Final fantasy VII (first time playthrough), and I'm actually glad I played Remake first because it's interesting getting to understand the context behind a lot of the scenes on a deeper level now. Needless to say, I won't view Cloud the same again lol.

I'm a couple hours into disc 2 right now.
    After you're done with the original, play the New Threat mod on the original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried the demo. Loving the update but not how the gameplay is now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Gameplay takes some getting used to but it's overall good I'd say. There's quite a depth to it, and it takes a while to acclimatize but it's more than worth it.

Game was great... Anyone complaining about it being the first part of the series needs to get over it. There's a minimum of 30 hours of content if you skip all the side content. Realistically people will spend 35-45 hours.

As for the ending, I'm fine with it, there were hints all along and I want to get the next game ASAP.

I wasn't too sure about the combat when I played the demo. After playing the full game, I now consider it one of the best combat systems to date. Once you unlock more team members, abilities, and learn how to use them effectively, it will be a blast.

Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I think 3+ is too long as well, but if it comes out 3 years from now and you’re still breathing, you really telling us you’re going to pass on it out of spite? I dunno bout that.
    It wouldn't be out of spite, it would be because the game outside of nostalgia is kind of forgettable. Which leads to my main issue with the game they use nostalgia to make a stealth sequel to the first game that nobody asked for. I don't mind some of the changes, and it's fair for them to do that as recreating the game 1 for 1 would be boring professionally....but nobody asked for this

- - - Updated - - -

I'd agree with tAsphyx22, it takes a bit of getting used to...but i absolutely love it. It to me is the biggest shining point of the game, aside from the music.