Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    why would any race from shadowlands wants to take sides in our mortal struggles and our pitiful squabbling anyway?

"I sort through tens of souls every day to determine if they are worth living in our precious dominion but sure I would definitely love to get demoted to a mortal, go to an ugly zone and team up with some stinkin' mortals to...kill other mortals because they are not wearing our factions' color!"

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    The blue post on this is right there:
    That blue post was made to talk about how Vulpera are not playable. It's not very good evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    That blue post was made to talk about how Vulpera are not playable. It's not very good evidence.
    but the blue post says: "we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races."

sure it was in context of vulpera, but what he's talking about in the post is true for many other NPC races and the way blizzard is handling the code/tech behind said races.

As I said, it could be something as simply as reusing small bits of code to more complex reusing of code for animations/models/so on. It makes so much sense to reuse playable/allied race code for things like NPC customisation, it saves so much development time and helps ease programming.

I hope the models of these four races come with more options than some of the allied races, like nightborne and highmountain. Right now the released models of faun, venthyr and kyrian seem almost to have a very short of model variety / options.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevizier View Post
    why would any race from shadowlands wants to take sides in our mortal struggles and our pitiful squabbling anyway?

"I sort through tens of souls every day to determine if they are worth living in our precious dominion but sure I would definitely love to get demoted to a mortal, go to an ugly zone and team up with some stinkin' mortals to...kill other mortals because they are not wearing our factions' color!"
    Why would lightforged, nightborne and highmountain tauren decide to assassinate one of the factions that saved their lives, when both went into war with each other?
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2020-04-23 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    but the blue post says: "we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races."

sure it was in context of vulpera, but what he's talking about in the post is true for many other NPC races and the way blizzard is handling the code/tech behind said races.

As I said, it could be something as simply as reusing small bits of code to more complex reusing of code for animations/models/so on. It makes so much sense to reuse playable/allied race code for things like NPC customisation, it saves so much development time and helps ease programming.
    You have a point about them using that tech for new NPCs, and it's valid. But it doesn't make sense why Blizzard would waste time modeling so many hair styles and variations for a simple NPC race.

Every single race in BFA with lots of different variations became playable, I don't know why they would change this. It's simply a waste of time to make lots of hair styles/horn options/etc for a race that is just scenery.

If Venthyr just had the same kind of hair and lots of different armors they'd likely just be NPCs forever, because NPC races often have lots of armor types to make them stand out. But hair styles?

Hasn't everyone figured out by now that anything learned from datamining should be taken with a huge grain of salt?
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-04-23 at 06:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Allied race hype needs to die down
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    You knew what wush meant, we didn't need to see you correcting the spelling. Seriously, what are you, 12?

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as how Alliance and Horde both will be assisting these four factions, it wouldn't surprise me to see all four of them be faction-neutral like the Pandaren. That would seem to be the most logical direction to go with this.
    Nah dont see that as logical afther the pandaren argument.
    Logical would be 2 races alliance and 2 races horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nah dont see that as logical afther the pandaren argument.
    Logical would be 2 races alliance and 2 races horde.
    After what happened to nightborne, highmountain, lightforged and mechagnomes, yes it is more probable kyrian and faun to the alliance and skeletons and venthyr to the horde. They even have announced characters that seem like the future race ambassadors like uther and cenarius vs draka and kaelthas.

Also faun are worgen 2.0 and maldraxxus undead are forsaken 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Never will happen... people will always be hyped for new skins for their characters

Please don't!
    Shadowlands folks are dead spirits turned into them
    They don't belong to mortal realms.

Note:
    Blizzard stated that they've learned in BfA that building NPCs in the same manner as Player character models more efficient for the development. At least that's the Blizz' statement about this.

I really agree with this. They've already added way too many and it's actually starting to clutter the character selection screen. New races used to be something special and I hope they calm down now. Allied races should've been skins for existing races to be honest, not entirely new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    WE HAVE A RED ALERT

https://www.wowhead.com/news=312224/...ied-race-specu
    THEY CAN WEAR ARMOR
    I hope Kyrian and Venthyr will be able to do so too soon.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I really agree with this. They've already added way too many and it's actually starting to clutter the character selection screen. New races used to be something special and I hope they calm down now. Allied races should've been skins for existing races to be honest, not entirely new characters.
    What I meant, is that every new thing that appears has people going "OH GOS IS THAT A NEW ALLIED RACE ALKMDLKASMDLASKMD"

It needs to stop
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone in my guild had a cool thought about this topic. Instead of the Shadowlands Covenant races becoming standard races that start from lvl 1 or allied races that start from lvl 10, she suggested that they could be made through an in-game race change of your character dying in the unlock quest chain and becoming a Kyrian/Venthyr/Faun/Necroperson in death since they are all transformations of mortal souls.

I thought it was a really neat idea, though Blizz would never do something like that due to possible technical difficulties and losing out on all that sweet race change money

What I meant, is that every new thing that appears has people going "OH GOS IS THAT A NEW ALLIED RACE ALKMDLKASMDLASKMD"

It needs to stop
    Why exactly does it need to stop? Really, what the fuck is the harm in people speculating on something like this? Do you have some weird MMO account where you can't see any other thread other than the Allied Race threads? Get over yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D

It needs to stop
    Why need to stop? Do you feel physical pain when people is having fun speculating?

Jeez, the entitlement of some people...

People think that any discussion/speculation of new ARs means that Blizzard will work on them and not whatever it is they want instead.

Because there's ANY CHANCE that Ogres could become a race or Gilneas could get built in this expansion... people think that if Blizz works on a race relevant to Shadowlands then something Azeroth-related won't happen. Get real.

Race changes cost $22 USD, $21 EUR, $32 CAD. That's why they'll be made Allied Races, not because of any lore reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevizier View Post

Depending on how the story goes if they were to join us it could be to see what mortals are truly like, try to change themselves for the better, or to become Jehovah Witnesses and try to get more souls and anima into their realm.