10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Does Mayock know in a real draft you're allowed to trade down if the guy you want is a reach where you're picking?
    They tried, problem is with no 2nd rounder and a handful of 3rds, it's hard to make good trades.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Some team is going to get twitchy and trade up to select Love, cause he's the only QB left. Bank on it.
    I mean that isn't seeming to happen, we're in the 20's which tends to be the QB freefall crashing spots.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be interesting to see if a team does go after Love soon though. Lot of people tried to slot QBs into NE and NO.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean that isn't seeming to happen, we're in the 20's which tends to be the QB freefall crashing spots.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be interesting to see if a team does go after Love soon though. Lot of people tried to slot QBs into NE and NO.
    If Love falls to NE and keeps falling I think he falls out of the 1st round entirely. I don't think anyone is getting itchy tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

And I no more than say that and the Patriots trade out of the first round.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well Pats traded down (as per usual) and the Chargers leap in front of the Saints. I wonder what they're going after.

- - - Updated - - -

If Love falls to NE and keeps falling I think he falls out of the 1st round entirely. I don't think anyone is getting itchy tonight.
    As a Saints fan I'd rather see a player that helps the team this year, we're so loaded I just want them to keep going all in to get this Super Bowl before Brees retires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Pats traded down (as per usual) and the Chargers leap in front of the Saints. I wonder what they're going after.
    Normally I'd say QB if you leapfrog the Saints. But obviously the Chargers have their man.

Looking at the Saints.... RB? Defender?

Looking at the Saints.... RB? Defender?
    I wonder if we need another WR even with Sanders, but I don't want them to spend a 1st on it in this deep draft. However, we don't have a 2nd. I'm really stumped as to what direction they'll go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird pick and weird team to feel you need to leapfrog for the Chargers.

The story of this draft is absolutely teams reaching for guys. Gonna be a lot of 2nd-4th round "surprise" stars.

A center for us? I wonder if he'll be slid to guard. One thing I'll say for the Saints they love getting versatile offensive lineman who can play multiple positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to assume the plan would be to play Ruiz at guard, Warford is on the last year of his deal.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the Rams immediately tore everything down after losing the Super Bowl, seeing the 49ers go all-in is refreshing.

Not a fan of the fact all the teams looking to move up are leapfrogging the Packers. And taking WRs.

Increasingly afraid they're gonna be out of trade partners and end up taking some late 2nd grade OT.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I have to assume the plan would be to play Ruiz at guard, Warford is on the last year of his deal.
    That's my thoughts as well, invest in the line, have backups ready in case an injury hits. I didn't want us to get a QB so I'm fine with this for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the Rams immediately tore everything down after losing the Super Bowl, seeing the 49ers go all-in is refreshing.

Not a fan of the fact all the teams looking to move up are leapfrogging the Packers. And taking WRs.

Increasingly afraid they're gonna be out of trade partners and end up taking some late 2nd grade OT.
    I mean the Rams shot themselves in the foot multiple times with really bad contracts after trading away a ton of draft picks. I don't think the 49ers will be in QUITE as bad a shape for a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Packers traded up to the Dolphins spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers moving up. Like I said there was no way they were staying at 30.

Gotta imagine this is them trying to get ahead of the next WR rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Gettleman continues the trend of ignoring value... picked a guy who was projected at 11th with the 4th pick.
    The man is on an incredible run of incompetence.

Packers moving up. Like I said there was no way they were staying at 30.

Gotta imagine this is them trying to get ahead of the next WR rush.
    Jordan Love....wut. If you are Rodgers you have to be PISSED off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HATE this pick. If you think you're in a Super Bowl window, which you'd imagine going to the NFC Championship would indicate, you get the WR or the OT or the LB that can plug one of the few holes you have left.

This draft pick says they're heading into a tear down and rebuild, building for 3-5 years down the road.

Wow packers pick a qb. Rodgers to the patriots?

I HATE this pick. If you think you're in a Super Bowl window, which you'd imagine going to the NFC Championship would indicate, you get the WR or the OT or the LB that can plug one of the few holes you have left.

This draft pick says they're heading into a tear down and rebuild, building for 3-5 years down the road.
    And it is usually a waste to draft a 1st round QB and have them sit more than a year imo. Now a days the QB players as a rookie or the 2nd year, not sitting 3-5. With QBs starting to play into their 40s and at a high level (not saying this applies to Rodgers unless he wants to do that), but come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it is usually a waste to draft a 1st round QB and have them sit more than a year imo. Now a days the QB players as a rookie or the 2nd year, not sitting 3-5. With QBs starting to play into their 40s and at a high level (not saying this applies to Rodgers unless he wants to do that), but come on.
    Yeah I'd say 2 years max before either they ship Rodgers out of town or have to flip Love for a pick.

Honestly, if I were Rodgers I'd probably start making noise next offseason about a trade. This tweet sums it up perfectly https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...25864349827073

why did he call rodgers the goat? huge stretch lmaoooooooo

Yeah I'd say 2 years max before either they ship Rodgers out of town or have to flip Love for a pick.

Honestly, if I were Rodgers I'd probably start making noise next offseason about a trade. This tweet sums it up perfectly https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...25864349827073
    Oh man that is brutal. I just don't understand it, the window for the Packers is open and they are trying to what exactly?