Post Legion Invasions XP nerfed?

From 100-110 its great, but after 110 its garbage xp. When was this changed? Also, is it at all doable below 100? Like 80-90-95 brackets?

Was always like this.

You can do them from lvl 98 and worth doing till you ding 111.

After that anything bfa is faster.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    From 100-110 its great, but after 110 its garbage xp. When was this changed? Also, is it at all doable below 100? Like 80-90-95 brackets?
    It was changed when BFA started since they didn't want people leveling up through legion invasions. From what I recall they start at level 98 provided you unlocked them at least once on a 110 (so more so towards new accounts).

Now you *might* be able to get around the crappy XP by using Adventure Sync and having someone in your group be in the 98-109 bracket so it delevels you to that point and pretends that is your current level. I haven't tested it yet to see, but in theory it should.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Combine that with nobody being around to help you in these invasions (my CRZ) it explains why I stopped bothering and just quested / hunted treasures - on the other hand...I liked gaining my levels quickly in WoD just by treasure hunting...then again...is that how a leveling experience should be?
    The invasions aren't too bad to solo in Legion or now. The only ones I feel like are a struggle are the single commander ones, but if you have a friend, guild mate, another account, etc it can make it easier.

As for WoD leveling I very much prefer grabbing the treasures + bonus objectives for all that XP. I don't mind the leveling experience being like that it is a break from all the other activities. Then again I've gotten like ~30 in the Legion/BFA range so I've seen all the quests multiple times and rather just speed past it.

some players are using the mechanics of party sync to level to 120. you are able to redo WOD zone objectives again by party syncing with a player who has not. doing this allows even a 110+ to gain monster XP. on normal quests you can repeat every 24 hours. not sure how objectives are treated

should be able to use party sync in same manner for legion invasions
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-04-23 at 11:42 PM.

Blizzard has always put in nerfs to XP once you reach the max level of an expansion. If I remember correctly, it was a 75% nerf. This was designed to get you to not level in old content and move into the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    The lengths people will go to avoid playing the game...why don't they just find a game they actually enjoy?
    They have found a game that they enjoy. It's endgame WoW, which is different to levelling WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Currently, each invasion only gets half level (without double xp buff).
    I think it is nerfed compare to the patch with flying.
    Because I leveled 2 characters after I get flying. I get at least 80%.

Here is the list of best way to level up when the expansion is current.
    1 Wrath of the Lich King - None. 30 to 40 hours.
    2 Cataclysm - None. 20 hours.
    3 Mists of Pandaria - Timeless island. 10 hours.
    4 Warlords of Draenor - Demon Invasion. 5 hours. Works on level 1 to 100.
    5 Legion - Invasion. 1 level per invasion.

Warlords of Draenor's Demon Invasion is really the best time to get from level 1 to 100.

I heard Korrak's Revenge is good too, but I missed.

The lengths people will go to avoid playing the game...why don't they just find a game they actually enjoy?
    What a short sighted and extremely selfish answer. You may enjoy leveling, I may enjoy max level PvP, the next guy may enjoy Normal raiding, or Heroic dungeons, or world quests, and so on. They all found the same game they "actually enjoy" so just because it isn't your very specific way to enjoy it doesn't mean they don't enjoy it at all.

There's a million different ways to play and enjoy this game so don't try to force your way onto others. And honestly that's true for all aspects of life.

Don't quests always go like that? Give less experience as outlevel them? Like back in the old days an orange/yellow quest would give more than a green/grey one.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I liked gaining my levels quickly in WoD just by treasure hunting...then again...is that how a leveling experience should be?
    A player chooses how they level. Quest, do dungeons, do BGs, get boosted, party sync and stay in Azeroth 1-120, run around collecting treasures and doing bonus events.

So because they don't like traditional leveling methods that means they don't enjoy anything else about the game? Maybe they love M+ and raiding but hate questing and leveling.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

and how does that affect you ?

you can always level up your own old fahioned way

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It was changed when BFA started since they didn't want people leveling up through legion invasions. From what I recall they start at level 98 provided you unlocked them at least once on a 110 (so more so towards new accounts).

Now you *might* be able to get around the crappy XP by using Adventure Sync and having someone in your group be in the 98-109 bracket so it delevels you to that point and pretends that is your current level. I haven't tested it yet to see, but in theory it should.
    I thought the link thing shut off your XP gains as a catch up mechanic for the people you’re linked with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I thought the link thing shut off your XP gains as a catch up mechanic for the people you’re linked with.
    You still gain XP for your normal levels, just that you are "capped off" at whatever your partner is for the expansion. For instance if they are 92 you'll be capped out at 100, but you'll still earn XP as if you were 100 and then it will contribute to whatever level you are. So say say if you are 113 instead of earning 5k XP for a bonus objective you'll earn 100k+ from it (pending on heirlooms, XP buffs, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Here is the list of best way to level up when the expansion is current.

Warlords of Draenor's Demon Invasion is really the best time to get from level 1 to 100.

Ummm, what? Leveling takes nowhere near this amount of time. I assume you mean current xpac as of your level where it suggests you to go? If that’s the case, you can chain run dungeons from Vanilla thru WotLK and skip the entire questing process. Even before the 100% XP bonus from Blizzard you gain about 1 level per with full heirlooms. Even as a dps you can still do a few random quests between dungeon queues for some decent XP gains. Don’t think I’ve ever made it thru 1/2 a zone doing this method.
    MoP you literally get the TomTom for treasures and then fly around getting all of them for a few easy levels. Usually after that you settle in Kun Lai Summit or Townlong Steppes to finish up.
    WoD you find all the bonus XP areas. Gain about 1-2 levels per and no questing needed to get out of that xpac.
    Legion you are correct.
    With the current buff of 100% XP, on top of heirlooms, you gain about 1-1.5 levels per leveling dungeon, 1-2 levels per bonus area in WoD, and 1.5-2 levels per invasion.
    Just to put it into perspective, I’m not a speed leveler like some people, but even my way of doing it doesn’t take anywhere the 65 hours your “best” way does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You still gain XP for your normal levels, just that you are "capped off" at whatever your partner is for the expansion. For instance if they are 92 you'll be capped out at 100, but you'll still earn XP as if you were 100 and then it will contribute to whatever level you are. So say say if you are 113 instead of earning 5k XP for a bonus objective you'll earn 100k+ from it (pending on heirlooms, XP buffs, etc).
    Interesting. Seems like a way to really manipulate the system, but if Blizz is okay with it I wouldn’t not use it.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-04-24 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Here is my list of best way to level up when the expansion is current.

Did you level with your Eyes closed?
    My exp with leveling after the 100% Buff, full heirlooms;WM on,Alliance:
    20-60 Duskwood,Loch Modan, Westfall 6-8h
    60-80 Borean Tundra 6-8h (only zone were I do dungeons because a lot of Dungeon Quests = more XP)
    80-86 Hyjal 2-3h
    86-91 Pandaria 2h (only Starting Zone, then Treasures)
    91-101 Shadowmoon Valley, Gorgrond,Spires of Arak (2-3h) (get Archeology first, more treasures, more XP)
    101-110 Legion (2 Invasions + Highmountain) 2-3h (spread over 2 Days or 1 Invasion + Highmountain 4-5h)
    110-120 Bfa 6-8h

Leveled a Disc-Priest and a Paladin that way in the last 3 weeks.

It has never worked beyond 111

Leveling is playing the game in name only. It has almost nothing to do with what you do after leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Ummm, what? Leveling takes nowhere near this amount of time. I assume you mean current xpac as of your level where it suggests you to go?
    No, I am talking about you level the last 5 or 10 levels while that expansion is the latest (current).

For example,

This is 12 years ago. You tried to level from 70 to 80. Level 80 is the highest level.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-04-24 at 03:57 PM.