10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    covid-19 has finally come to my town at a assissted living facility no more than 8.5 blocks from where i live!
    Damn. I've seen too many articles that assisted living facilities that get it basically...end. Sorry to hear it.

Also, 60 more cases on a cruise ship begs the question "why are people still getting on cruise ships?"

10+ Year Old Account
    so far it's only one worker at the home but no doubt he inadvertently spread it to others before it was caught.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why exactly do you claim she's "not really part" of the University of Oxford? Be precise; anything less will prove that you don't really have an argument.
    She is only teaching part of a course at the University of Oxford. High-prestige universities are often very selective in who they view as being part of the University - and only teaching part of course does not cut it. That's why we only get hints that she is sort of at Oxford University.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    How does she pretend that she doesn't like the University of Oxford? Again, precise; same reason.
    She states that she dislike how Oxford University persons see themselves as above others, and is more concerned with that than with finding a vaccine that can save millions of lives. But she still wants to be seen as part of that perceived elite.

That is not consistent with actually disliking University of Oxford.

It seems you don't understand the pecking order of academia, and its importance. That's good for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I have a fun game for protestors... I dare them to make signs listing their loved ones and family, with a caption “if I am willing to sacrifice them for the economy, so should you”. Otherwise, it’s all fake outrage...
    People willing to sacrifice their grandmother is such a trope.

I think it be more interesting if they made a sign saying "My loved ones are willing to sacrifice me!"
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-04-25 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Fun fact: Disease killed more soldiers in the American Civil War than the actual war did!
    Hell the flu that started (likely) in Kansas killed more people than WW1.

Although there's a high possibility that for many time on the front lines and shitty conditions set up by the war was a major factor into why many young men died from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Belgium stores will be able to open from the 11th of May, schools for some ages on the 15th.

Still not allowed to have guests over or visit friends, maybe after the 18th. While the Dutch are all able to do that right now by the looks of it it's going to be just "essential" travel till at least the 8th of June.

Not sure how i feel about that, at this rate we'll be back into full lockdown come next wave of the virus, knowing we already were on lock down since March.

It sucks if you are single right now in Belgium, but it is even worse if you are just in a relationship and not living together, as only long term (speaking of year(s)) are allowed to visit each other. I highly doubt all these rules are going to be followed.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted.

Turns out some in people in Mexico are attacking their medical professional out of fear and ignorance.
    What do you expect from ppl who 500 years ago sacrificed ppl on an industrial scale? The cartels still massacre a town each week. Hernan Cortes should have eradicated them all.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-25 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Major Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    What do you expect from ppl who 500 years ago sacrificed ppl on an industrial scale? The cartels still massacre a town each week. Hernan Cortes should have eradicated them all.
    Yes, because it's totally just mexico. Totally not happening in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That site seems to be blocked here.

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) – The OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has confirmed that one of their nurses was "a victim of an act of violence."

Officials say the "alleged perpetrator believed that due the nurse's role in healthcare, they were exposing the community to COVID-19."

OU Medicine sent the following joint statement on behalf of Jason Sanders, MD, MBA, OU Health Sciences Center and Chuck Spicer, FACHE, CEO, OU Medicine, Inc.:
    Enjoy It's not exclusive to the American continent. I've heard reports of our nurses at the Hospital I work at being shunned or harassed. No violence so far, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    In Belgium stores will be able to open from the 11th of May, schools for some ages on the 15th.

Still not allowed to have guests over or visit friends, maybe after the 18th. While the Dutch are all able to do that right now by the looks of it it's going to be just "essential" travel till at least the 8th of June.

Not sure how i feel about that, at this rate we'll be back into full lockdown come next wave of the virus, knowing we already were on lock down since March.

It sucks if you are single right now in Belgium, but it is even worse if you are just in a relationship and not living together, as only long term (speaking of year(s)) are allowed to visit each other. I highly doubt all these rules are going to be followed.
    It's unlikely that the rules are and will be followed.
    Imperial College updated model already predict that Belgium has R slightly above 1 so it's not clear if the lockdown is working, and the same model also predict that 13% have been infected.

Spoiler: It's happening in the US too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

'We refuse to risk even one Juggalo life': Insane Clown Posse cancels summer festival over coronavirus concerns

We have a wealth of responsible adults doing their best at this trying time, for example Shaggy 2 Dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Damn. I've seen too many articles that assisted living facilities that get it basically...end. Sorry to hear it.

Also, 60 more cases on a cruise ship begs the question "why are people still getting on cruise ships?"
    Do you know how expensive these cruise ships were? $10000 a day.
    Now you can it for $1000 a day and less crowd.
    Next year, the price will go back.
    You don't want to miss it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since that article doesn't mention them. How are the facilities at that beach?
    Dressing rooms? Public restrooms? Stuff of that nature. Things that absolutely are vectors for spreading. Are those disinfected between each use? Otherwise the start of that article about the beach is disingenious.

As for outdoors and social distancing. Still a thing you need to do. Yes, being outdoors make vapour based infectants generally travel smaller distances, it's not garantueed. You still need to keep a distance between people. If the wind and air conditions are wrong in theory I'm sure the virus could travel farther than indoors (scenario with best humidity for spittle from speaking not to burst, with a wind from the back to push them further before hitting ground).

Same as any gym being open without a full cleaning of equipment between use. A thing where I'm disapointed at Sweden since here they aren't closed when they ought to be since it's a huge risk factor for non-symptomatic carriers to spread the thing from.
    - Lars

You know things are bad when the insane clown pose has more common sense than elected officials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis
    You know things are bad when the insane clown pose has more common sense than elected officials.
    I am so very close to quoting that in my signature! It kinda sums everything up.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Sounds like they are smarter than Brian Kemp. Considering he just opened Georgia back up, didn't know that the virus was airborne. Cuz you know, he ignored the science, just like Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I think it is way too early.

In Estonia we have the opposite: schools will be closed for the rest of academic year. National emergency was extended from 1st May to 17th May and may be extended after that, so businesses will stay closed for at least 3 weeks. That's considering that we do have stable low infection rates, while testing rates have significantly increased.
    In my opinion it is always going to be too soon to open things up again, because when it no longer is we have a vaccine but at that point we are somewhere in 2021, that simply is not realistic, we are going to have to learn to accept this will be around and that corona deaths will become socially acceptable such as flu deaths became.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    It's unlikely that the rules are and will be followed.
    Imperial College updated model already predict that Belgium has R slightly above 1 so it's not clear if the lockdown is working, and the same model also predict that 13% have been infected.
    We only have about 4,3% of the population with immunity to it, our numbers are dropping but in comparison to our neighbours we aren't doing that much better and people in the Netherlands are enjoying far more freedoms than we do. Time will tell who is right but honestly i do not expect it to be realistic to people comply with all measures as time goes on, motivation drops and especially how strict they are in comparison to neighbouring nations.

For me personally, i work in the Netherlands and Belgium is not a big nation so if i drive about 30 minute in either direction i end up in either Germany or The Netherlands.
    And if i know they'll be having freedom to do things during the weekend or even be able to get their hair cut and i can't, especially considering now we are getting images of people just across the border going to parks or being allowed to visit friends.

This idea that people in Belgium are going to comply with this vision that our lives are going to be literally Work -> Home -> Shopping (for essentials) for the coming months, is not going to work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So basically the healthcare workers that are trying to help people recover from COVID are being stigmatized by ignorant people, who act as though they're de facto carriers of COVID and attacking them. That's massively fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Fun fact: Disease killed more soldiers in the American Civil War than the actual war did!
    I don't know if that's a very fun fact, sounds more like a depressing fact.

Unless you're a Nurglite. Nurglites love disease.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief