Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Torghast - DISASTER in the making?

After watching many streamers such as Asmongold demolish Torghast, it's got even me worried about Shadowlands.
    They are clearing it without even trying, 1 shotting bosses and treating it like it's a low level dungeon.

WHERE is the CHALLENGE? EVERYONE is going to be able to clear this WITH NO CHALLENGE. Is this Warfronts/Island expeditions all over again? Why can't Ion or the current dev team get these things in line?

I don't see Torghast ending up well come Shadowlands later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    After watching many streamers such as Asmongold demolish Torghast, it's got even me worried about Shadowlands.
    They are clearing it without even trying, 1 shotting bosses and treating it like it's a low level dungeon.

WHERE is the CHALLENGE? EVERYONE is going to be able to clear this WITH NO CHALLENGE. Is this Warfronts/Island expeditions all over again? Why can't Ion or the current dev team get these things in line?

Torghast - DIABLO V in the making?

Fixed your title.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's up with the dramatic Kotaku-tier posts?

If Torghast ends up being easy, it means Blizzard is appealing to the majority of the WoW players - as they should.
    And you'll buy Shadowlands anyway, so why would the devs bother?

It's almost as if they need people to test it to decide ways to tune it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    When you make a thread title that sounds like a Buzzfeed article I cannot be bothered to take you serious
    Title reads like a Bellular video. Lol.

After watching many streamers such as Asmongold
    Yeah hard pass
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

No day is safe from a doomsaying post on the MMO champs forum.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not.

Thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    When they pushed Torghast to the alpha, Blizz specifically said "This is VERY MUCH in an Alpha state" and then had an extremely long developer interview where it was reiterated that this is in a fresh, un-tuned state and that things like the number and power of anima upgrades will be addressed. I know everyone is sick of "Alpha is Alpha" but if that ever did apply to anything, it is Torghast.

Kind of early to tell, no? Reserve judgment for when you've actually played the finished product. This is like watching a movie before post production and complaining about unfinished special effects and how you can see wires hooked up to the actors.

1, lol asmonwhomever.
    2, it hasn't even had a tuning pass.
    3, calm your tits.

Man, I can't believe Blizzard is giving us such a SLAP in the face. A rusty shank to the chest. A kick in the nuts. A brutal uppercut to the jaw. The dev team even arrived at my house and CURBSTOMPED me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    No day is safe from a doomsaying post on the MMO champs forum.
    Might as well lump WoW in with Nintendo being doomed all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    When you make a thread title that sounds like a Buzzfeed article I cannot be bothered to take you serious
    Just drop the O from his name. You know what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Title reads like a Bellular video. Lol.
    Sad but true. Maybe I remember wrong, but Bellular used to be one of the more impartial WoW youtubers, neither shilling nor just plain complain/criticize.

Nowadays feels like he kept the neutral tone but in an almost sarcastic way and half his videos are clickbait.

Did you really watch the Asmongold video of him trying the HC version? He popped all his cooldowns, tried kiting, and could not kill one of the two first mobs you met.

First this is Alpha so the tuning is definitely not going to be anywhere close to live. If they make it easier then they can travel more floors and see if there are any bugs with transitions, stitching, etc. Ultimately making it easier right now allows for more testing rather than cranking up the difficulty so less can do it.

With that said, part of it is going to be easy since they will want people to reach their cap for the week without much struggle. After a certain point the difficulty will probably ramp up a lot more.

First of all the tower has infinite levels, on the beta it's capped at 75, which is probably still baby mode.
    Second, first week it was super easy, second week it's more balanced, it looks challenging enough.

Have you heard of this thing called "tuning?" Or Devs went into to explaining Anima powers are common in this first pass of testing but will be much rarer later? I swear, mods need to start deleting "Thing not balanced perfectly in first alpha build? WHAT A DISASTER" posts. They're so pointless & annoying

Thanks for the contribution, i guess?

sigh

Ill pass on watching Asmongold if i wanted to watch a hamster ill just buy one at my local pet store.