Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    But it's a fanmade campaign, so it doesn't matter if there's an AU where the quarantine worked.
    How about the "Arthas Campaign"? It's about how Alexstraza put Arthas in a vision to try to change him to not purge
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Yes. It was right. If he didn't do that, armies of the Scourge would be greater, which could make Lordaeron fall earlier, giving less people a chance to escape.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    How about the "Arthas Campaign"? It's about how Alexstraza put Arthas in a vision to try to change him to not purge
    Anything fanmade involving Alexstrasza is probably going to be cringe to be honest.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything fanmade involving Alexstrasza is probably going to be cringe to be honest.
    Improper use of....scaling factors?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

3+ Year Old Account
    Hey, the Day of the Dragon custom campaign was actually good
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

He did the right thing. The problem I have is that he didn't take a few more minutes to explain everything to Uther about the plague and how it spreads through grain and how it cant be cured. Instead, he expected Uther to just do what he told him to do without any questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes
    and didn't we discuss that to death already ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Additionally, Lordaeron is effectively freed from the Undead after that point.
    The Scourge of course comes back with the death of Terenas and Arthas reassembling the Cult of the Damned later, but between the Culling of Stratholme and the first Undead mission in Reign of Chaos, the situation looks solved.

Arthas did nothing wrong till he betrayed the mercenaries in Northrend and burned his own ships.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Additionally, Lordaeron is effectively freed from the Undead after that point.
    The Scourge of course comes back with the death of Terenas and Arthas reassembling the Cult of the Damned later, but between the Culling of Stratholme and the first Undead mission in Reign of Chaos, the situation looks solved.
    there's still Caer Darrow which was literally the headquarters of the Cult of the Damned

though I wonder why it was ignored in WC3 since Caer Darrow was a WC2 content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Arthas did nothing wrong till he betrayed the mercenaries in Northrend and burned his own ships.
    following Mal'ganis into Northrend was already wrong

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ironicaly this is pretty much true,arthas and nerzhul both,they knew about the legion and its real power and to their knowlege the undead were the best tool against the legion,a united army under one comand,lich king is basicaly illidan lol
    With that logic you could argue sargeras is a good guy as he knew the threat void possessed and legion and purging to whole cosmos was the best out of all bad solutions there were.

Meaning Ner'zhul and arthas supported indirectly what void lords were doing in the great dark beyond.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    With that logic you could argue sargeras is a good guy as he knew the threat void possessed and legion and purging to whole cosmos was the best out of all bad solutions there were.

Meaning Ner'zhul and arthas supported indirectly what void lords were doing in the great dark beyond.
    would you look at that Sargeras was the original Arthas: this entire galaxy must be purged

would you look at that Sargeras was the original Arthas: this entire galaxy must be purged
    In a way yeah though arthas was corrupted and fell into darkness with that path while it was a point that sargeras is still himself and he came into a logical conclusion while arthas more or less was driven by his emotions nearly till the very end.

I probably would not do what Arthas did. Killing someone because of what they will become "soon" is like killing a child that's parents are in a war, and you know the child will side with them eventually and become an enemy.

Arthas certainly is not a doctor and he just assumed that "everyone" in stratholme would become zombies. Even if 99% became zombies, the 1% remaining would be unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I probably would not do what Arthas did. Killing someone because of what they will become "soon" is like killing a child that's parents are in a war, and you know the child will side with them eventually and become an enemy.

Arthas certainly is not a doctor and he just assumed that "everyone" in stratholme would become zombies. Even if 99% became zombies, the 1% remaining would be unethical.
    He had empirical evidence from Heartsglen that the plague quickly turned those who consumed it into undead. He didn't assume anything.

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

He had empirical evidence from Heartsglen that the plague quickly turned those who consumed it into undead. He didn't assume anything.
    Did every single citizen of Heartsglen become a zombie? I genuinly don't know.

Neither do I, but does it really matter in the scheme of things? This is the moral problem. There is a small chance that a fraction of the population is not infected, but saving them would just be too costly and hard to do.

Regardless I don't think there's any indication in WC3 or in the WoW dungeon that some people in Stratholme were not infected... because I mean bread is a pretty common product to eat, and the bread is the means by which the plague spread, sooo.

3+ Year Old Account
    we could say most as there's three villagers who turn into a Footmen, and another villager rescued from the Murlocs, and then there's the local militia led by Taelen Fordring

- - - Updated - - -

Neither do I, but does it really matter in the scheme of things? This is the moral problem. There is a small chance that a fraction of the population is not infected, but saving them would just be too costly and hard to do.

Regardless I don't think there's any indication in WC3 or in the WoW dungeon that some people in Stratholme were not infected... because I mean bread is a pretty common product to eat, and the bread is the means by which the plague spread, sooo.
    the next interlude shows survivors burning their dead or burying them to the graveyard or the sea - the scene where a kid watches his parents burn kinda hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I agree that there was no real "right thing" to do in this situation - it was a quintessential no-win type of scenario. The murder of innocent lives is itself unconscionable, but so would be allowing Mal'ganis and the plague to turn the entirety of Stratholme into shock troops for the Scourge. The only issue I have with Arthas and his conduct in Stratholme is that it isn't really done in the name of mercy but rather vengeance, a burning hatred for Mal'ganis as opposed to sparing the people the horrors of slavery in undeath. He might have even been able to sell the Culling to Uther under such auspices, as I don't think there was anything to be done for them at that time, but Arthas didn't try - and as soon as Uther pointed out the nature of what they would have to do Arthas coldly rebuked him, not even considering the cost of life as something to give pause.
    Thank you for the intelligent response. There is far too many "lol x did nothing wrong XD" people about nowadays. His decision would have been a lot more agreeable if he had exhausted all options or at least debated with himself of what to do, he didn't.

we could say most as there's three villagers who turn into a Footmen, and another villager rescued from the Murlocs, and then there's the local militia led by Taelen Fordring

- - - Updated - - -

the next interlude shows survivors burning their dead or burying them to the graveyard or the sea - the scene where a kid watches his parents burn kinda hurts
    Oh right, I completely forgot about that.

That's what makes the whole event so tragic. You can easily rationalize Arthas' actions, but at the same time at a moral level it's painful to see innocents being butchered for something they had no control over.