Covenants and transmog

Do we know how the rewards work yet? If I earn the Plate transmog will the leather version also be unlocked for alts, or do I have to exalt with the armor type that I want? Also, are they account bound? If I earn the Kyrian set can a non-Kyrian use it?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I'm fairly certain that at least in the beginning, only the character that unlocked the armor set will be able to use it.

Things like mounts and weapons will probably be a bit more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Do we know how the rewards work yet? If I earn the Plate transmog will the leather version also be unlocked for alts, or do I have to exalt with the armor type that I want? Also, are they account bound? If I earn the Kyrian set can a non-Kyrian use it?
    You can't even pick a covenant yet, let alone access their rewards.

But we know that Ion said "It would be weird if a guy in Kyrian armor would use a necrolord spell" or something to that effect. So expect them to be either faction locked (like horde an alliance) or flat out char locked. Not a single transmog in game has ever translated across armor types unless they all shared the same model, so there isn't even precedent for something like that.

Faction locked would probably be the worst since it would make them always exclusive, even after SL, but may enable it for other characters of that armor type - maybe. Still you could only ever have access to one transmog.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You can't even pick a covenant yet, let alone access their rewards.
    Not a single transmog in game has ever translated across armor types unless they all shared the same model, so there isn't even precedent for something like that.
    Well I don't know what's playable on the alpha atm. lol

What I meant by account wide was if I get exalted with Kyrian as a Warrior can I purchase the leather set as well. Or does it get awarded with an achievement or what?

I'm trying to figure out what alts to play for SL and my options are very limited because I can't stand cast times or any 1.5 sec GCD class. So 3 of my alts is WW, Rogue, and Feral. My 4th will either be Havoc or Fury because they can drop to a 1 sec gcd but from the looks of it Fury will do it a lot more often with the new talents.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well I don't know what's playable on the alpha atm. lol

What I meant by account wide was if I get exalted with Kyrian as a Warrior can I purchase the leather set as well. Or does it get awarded with an achievement or what?

I'm trying to figure out what alts to play for SL and my options are very limited because I can't stand cast times or any 1.5 sec GCD class. So 3 of my alts is WW, Rogue, and Feral. My 4th will either be Havoc or Fury because they can drop to a 1 sec gcd but from the looks of it Fury will do it a lot more often with the new talents.
    My answer still applies. It's way to early, we simply don't know right now. 2 out 4 zones have been available for quest testing so far, we only have some bits and bobs for endgame from the datamining.

And again, there is no precedent that let's you unlock sets with different models across your account. The only time that ever was the case is for when they share the exact same model like heritage armor, seasonal cosmetics or like the shadowland CE armor.

Also as scrappybristol said, it's highly unlikely that they will let you at the beginning of the expansion, but that is still just speculation.

It would be nice of one of the streamers would actually ask this though, instead of asking useless questions that will never get answered, like ever.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So far there is no information on how anything dealing with our covenant choice is going to work in detail.

If i were to speculate though is that during the expansion you would unlock the transmog for the class you are playing and only characters who share the same covenant as well as armor type would also have access to it. I.E if you were a kyrian warrior you would unlock kyrian plate. This plate would be then available to all plate wearing characters you have that have also picked kyrian. Now unless the armor itself is not soulbound on purchase/earn i dont think you will be able to unlock different armor types in one character.

After Shadowlands however i think it would be prudent for them to unlock said transmog to all characters despite their chosen covenant.

EDIT: Spelling

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    My answer still applies. It's way to early, we simply don't know right now. 2 out 4 zones have been available for quest testing so far, we only have some bits and bobs for endgame from the datamining.

And again, there is no precedent that let's you unlock sets with different models across your account. The only time that ever was the case is for when they share the exact same model like heritage armor, seasonal cosmetics or like the shadowland CE armor.

Also as scrappybristol said, it's highly unlikely that they will let you at the beginning of the expansion, but that is still just speculation.

It would be nice of one of the streamers would actually ask this though, instead of asking useless questions that will never get answered, like ever.
    I find this particularly funny, because there are people who define transmog-related questions to be useless questions. I don't, but it's pretty funny nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I find this particularly funny, because there are people who define transmog-related questions to be useless questions. I don't, but it's pretty funny nevertheless.
    I mean transmog questions have at least a chance to be answered. The "will you spoiler us everything please"/"bring back x that we said we wouldn't do 3 times already" ones not so much.

Slight necro here, but does anyone now know this, if you can unlock different armor types as plate-wearer for example? Or do you need to get each set individually, as in 4 of each armor-type?
    The sea was angry that day my friends. - George Costanza

15+ Year Old Account
    It's testable now. I haven't checked but the cosmetic backs and chests are available. Have a look to see if they show.