Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    PvP is extremely lucrative. If the game has p2w microtransactions it's an arms race between whales that's flushing tons of money into the producer's coffers and if it doesn't it at least incentivizes players to farm for long hours to optimize their gear, raising play times.

Plus it requires no effort on the developer side. No need to devise and program complex PvE bosses, just pit players against each other and lay back.

Yeah, I also despise PvP for various reasons, it often being an easy, cynical cash grab just being one.
    Same, PvP is just low effort for the most part. Especially in MMOs there is practically no point to play if you aren't a wallet warrior or have been among the very first to join. If I want to play a PvP game I'd join one where there is at least a semblance of balance and better yet brackets, that's part of the reason why MMORPG esport has utterly failed on every front wheres stuff like MOBAs and shooter have dominated for over a decade.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I tried the Blue Protocol closed beta yesterday and holly molly, every moment was incredibly fun. It felt like I was in a movie the whole time playing as one of the characters. Infinitely fun gameplay and possibly the most beautiful game yet. Sadly or luckily (so they don't have to constantly balance classes), depending on who you are, there is no PvP.

Can't wait to get my hands on the rebooted Anthem, Crimson Desert, New World and Overwatch 2 next.
    Just watched a bit of the trailer. If you like anime can be good. ALso you probably have to speak japanese to play it. No english localization for now but they seem to be working on it.

Two things i noticed that reeeeeeally annoyed me and creeped me out respectively.

Running looks like the char is punching the ground in front of them... looks really stupid

Second: You can make little kids and at least for the female, you constantly look under her skirt. Sexed up children is one of the big reason i have problems with many anime style things.

anime. no pvp. shit game

"No longer stuck with WoW", feels the need to share on a WoW forum telling everyone he is no longer addicted, like a real addict. Uhu.
    Good for you that you found something else, why is this announced on a WoW forum? Not really the place to discuss this..

Its so silly with people desperately wanting to enjoy a different game to cry out that wow is bad like this game final fantasy fans etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Each to his own for sure, but if you consider yourself "trapped" with wow before, I'd be reevaluating how you perceive video games tbh. Just my two cents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    this ^^ and also no PvP is basically a live-action RTS in my book, no thanks
    Off topic completely, but I used to keep up with the snowblind LCD display case but it wasn't available in the UK last time I checked, are you uk based and if so where did you find it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

So OP bail out the thread as soon he realizes how stupid that comparison was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    So OP bail out the thread as soon he realizes how stupid that comparison was.
    I think the OP was just taking the piss, especially considering we had a thread yesterday with a very similar wording, where someone claimed wow will be the bestest evar because they keep polishing it or something.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    There is no PvP in Blue Protocol?

Cmon man...seriously? Thats a big turn off for me impossible for me to play

Im glad you are having fun. I watched a couple streams today and yesterday.
    I have no idea how you found a japanese account to play though probably a sneaky rogue-assassin way
    these days, no pvp is a big turn on for me. Nothing worse than "your beloved spec/items get nerfed because neckbeards got destroyed in pvp"

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It's anime. Hard pass.
    Until I read this, I was about to google it. Thanks for the heads up. I'm with you on the hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If Riot made an MMO it would be free to play with a crazy cash shop so no thanks.
    So its a wow that is free to play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    So its a wow that is free to play?
    You've never played anything that has ever had a cash shop before have you? WoW is a drop in the bucket compared to most games with cash shops...

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    You've never played anything that has ever had a cash shop before have you? WoW is a drop in the bucket compared to most games with cash shops...
    Not really no.

Blizzard lowered itself to the point of selling power with the wow token and im guilty of exploiting it... I sell runs and the lionshare pay me from gold they get from tokens. Most mmo's even free to play don't have the nerve to sell power to the player. Blizzard just made it so players are given a cut to stop them from being outraged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You only enjoy raiding? Uff...thats a tough one because you need to slog and suffer the leveling experience of a different MMO.

I played today Tree of Savior for 3 hours...not your kind of game im sure, anime crap is probably not for you.

My "trick" is to find a game with visuals i like and decent combat...and decent RPG customization...and then i try and socialize ingame.
    The harder thing out of this list is to socialize...
    One would think in a MMO the easiest part would be to talk to people...is actually the hardest thing, ROFL
    I think socializing actually becomes easier if you reach for higher levels of play. Even in games like Eve I found that if you push yourself its extremely easy to meet people with similar goals. Still that is a whole topic in itself.

Reported post for being in the wrong forum. There is an other games forum. This should be there, not in the World of Warcraft forum.

Unless it's being made by a major publisher/developer on a major franchise, no MMO will ever have great success. The gameplay is too dry and takes to long to get going to work in today's market for a new IP.

Think about the only MMOs that have seen great success in the last 10 years: Elder Scrolls Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic(both questionable, but a cut about others) and Final Fantasy XIV.

All of those have something in common: They're made by megapublishers for gigantic franchises, and Final Fantasy XIV still almost tanked its publisher. I'm not saying it'll be DoA, but it's going to have a difficult time getting anything but a cult following, and MMORPGs need a much larger community to stay profitable than other kinds of games due to how much work maintaining them is.

I tried the Blue Protocol closed beta yesterday and holly molly, every moment was incredibly fun. It felt like I was in a movie the whole time playing as one of the characters. Infinitely fun gameplay and possibly the most beautiful game yet. Sadly or luckily (so they don't have to constantly balance classes), depending on who you are, there is no PvP.
    No class balancing? Like, are they worried they can't do both PvE and PvP? I just hope that means they wont skimp on ensuring things are even in PvE

Cant speak Japanese so Rip to that game too sadly.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2020-04-26 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Can't wait to get my hands on the rebooted Anthem, Crimson Desert, New World and Overwatch 2 next.
    I have access to the New World confidential test build and it's legit trash, worst MMO I've ever played. Plays like a clunky indie game from 12 years ago.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

No idea why people are bitching so much in here. For a beta game is looked very polished. If it releases with an english version, I will give it a try for sure.

You'll be back.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakozi123 View Post
    No idea why people are bitching so much in here. For a beta game is looked very polished. If it releases with an english version, I will give it a try for sure.
    That is the general issue. From the look of it, it fells like a singleplayer with some mmo elements and that is not a bad thing.

Looks better than most of eastern mmos i have seen.