Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde Low level bgs are dead

Resubed a few days ago and rolled a shaman currently level 30. Every time I logged in I imidiatly queued for a random bg. The queue didn't pop a single time.
    I heard Blizz splitt queues for players having xp on and off but I can't imagine that theres not enough players for a low level bg like wtf.

Its not the optimal way to level so..

And it is pretty unbalanced, so ..

Going off that icon I'd assume you're Horde, they have longer Q times than alliance. My BG Q's on my alliance shaman are only a few minutes, far from dead. About the same bracket, he's 35. Unless you're talking about xpoff brackets to which I have no experience.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-04-24 at 12:45 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The level 19 and 29 ones are desolate, 39 is also meh, but it picks up after that. My guess is that it's not really fun to play them, as most classes miss essential skills to be decent in pvp. Early level hunters can fight half the enemy team and win, and most classes have no interrupts or CC, so healers are near immortal. You also need to take the time in to account, evenings are when the queues are at the shortest, but mornings and late nights are pretty barren.

There's no real point queueing BGs below level cap

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds unfortunate if you really were looking to PvP, but it doesn't really seem like a relevant issue to fix. Hell, the 100% xp boost they extended to shadowlands pre-patch is a clear indication on how they view leveling. They want players doing the current content at max level.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

5+ Year Old Account
    On my alts I literally see demon hunters in my level 45 bgs, I stopped playing them after that.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Nice misleading title. Locked xp bfs are dead, alliance gets nearly instant leveling qs, unless you play at weird hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    in classic my low level bg ques are 4-5 mins...

XP on BGs give really good XP especially with the current 100% xp bonus, plus whatever BOA heirlooms you own, rested XP, monk class XP buffs, potions etc. queing random BGs the reward is huge for winning. even losses in BGs like AB and EOTS give nice XP ticks thru out the game even when losing as long as your team owns 1-2 bases

Blizzard does have the 20-29 XP on bracket with a loophole for twinking which contains Veteran 20 twinks very geared and enchant loaded (once active accounts, but unsubbed) and F2P 20 (free to play) from trial capped accounts

i would bet what happened, the OP of this thread, was leveling in XP ON BGs, was in the 20-29 bracket, and enjoyed many successful BGs along with how his class performed, i believe either was informed on how to turn off XP or did it on his own, then after doing so BGs no longer popped. when you have XP off you get a que time, but you get no avg BG wait time. even if he turned off XP before hit 30, he still would not have gotten and BGs to pop.

i see players at times, in trade chat at various lower levels, asking questions like: did BGs go down? why am i getting no BGs to pop? first thing i ask them in a whisper did you turn off XP, and they always say yes. i ask why? response is they are enjoying # bracket cause they are OP or near unkillable. i tell them you will get no ques at XX level with XP off
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-04-26 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    On my alts I literally see demon hunters in my level 45 bgs, I stopped playing them after that.
    How do they even do that? do they do the quest sync somehow to de-level themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently with the XP event, you level past that bracekett so fast.. obviously noone is gonna waste time on low level BGs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    How do they even do that? do they do the quest sync somehow to de-level themselves?
    Yes they do.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    party sync with low level players. blizzard deactivates some spells, gems, legendaries, trinket along with item effects/abilities from azerite, essences, corruption, depending what bracket you are syncing to.

lately a thing is for 120s to party sync into the 110-119 XP on bracket and dominate due to majority of the above items working. higher azerite than most in the bracket

I don't know that they are - but why would you expect them to be very active? The goal of the game is to level to endgame. Not to twink (which is an abomination IMO).

To be honest I'm surprised anyone plays low level BGs at all. And frankly, I'm not sure why they still exist. If I were Blizz I'd take all the people who wanted to level through BGs and just toss them into the same barrel with party sync and find some way to equalize power between all levels, perhaps issuing standard stats to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    lately a thing is for 120s to party sync into the 110-119 XP on bracket and dominate due to majority of the above items working. higher azerite than most in the bracket

It's truly sad when people want to PVP but don't want a level playing field. I never understood why people PVP in games where gear beats skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune B View Post
    It's truly sad when people want to PVP but don't want a level playing field. I never understood why people PVP in games where gear beats skill.
    There is a reason why the PvP brackets created exclusively for players with experience disabled are a complete desert since they came out. People used to claim twinks didn't twink to stomp on the unprepared leveling player, but for a challenge against other twinks.

Reality quickly proved it was all a lie, or an infinitely small minority of twinks who were serious about this. They just wanted easy wins and to "pwn teh noobs", so to speak. For all its flaws, I quite liked when gear scaled down and certain effects were disabled inside battlegrounds. These days getting into a BG with anything less than equivalent to something around heroic Ny'alotha level will quickly turn you useless unless you play a spec that can support the team through various methods of control. But your health will melt if you pull attention to yourself.

I understand PvP needs to have some form of progression too, and I honestly don't have any solutions to this that aren't a confusing mess, but I really wish gear didn't matter in PvP, at least not to the extent it does now. Maybe having access to PvP vendors once again in Shadowlands will help with this issue, but for as long as there isn't some form of PvP stat like there used to exist that causes PvE gear to be worth less than PvP gear in PvP situations, I feel like the "PvE advantage" won't really go anywhere.

But I'm rambling too much. Instead I'll just point to my very old sig and end it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you turn off xp gains and get no queues you shouldn't be surprised when nothing happens as people are busy taking advantage of the rep and xp bonuses currently in play.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-04-26 at 07:06 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

party sync with low level players. blizzard deactivates some spells, gems, legendaries, trinket along with item effects/abilities from azerite, essences, corruption, depending what bracket you are syncing to.

It actually deactivates all your gear and applies a template if you're sync'd down that low. Your gear does absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There's no real point queueing BGs below level cap
    There's no point at all though.