Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Oh, i was trying to agree with you, sorry if it didn't seem so
    Oh, so maybe i did misunderstand this. Sorry.

So long as you can have switch between them and there's enough to cover the various roles players. Its fine. Its basically just vanilla talent trees again.

Unless your againat the whole "burrowed powers" thing then yeah this is another favour of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlking View Post
    Enlighten me, what did they learn?
    That you can combine code rather then create new code for each system if you recycle enough aspects of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    That you can combine code rather then create new code for each system if you recycle enough aspects of it.
    The only thing in any of these systems that would not be trivial to code is the new abilities. Everything else is passive boosts managed by a UI. The new class covenant abilities are by far the biggest lift so you have it completely backward.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Erlking View Post
    Enlighten me, what did they learn?
    That we do indeed need a progression system seperate from gear.

Not that you brought any kind of actual complaint about them anyway. Saying that a system introduced for the sole reason of providing character progression does just that simply proves it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That we do indeed need a progression system seperate from gear.

Not that you brought any kind of actual complaint about them anyway. Saying that a system introduced for the sole reason of providing character progression does just that simply proves it's working.
    We already have an alternate progression system. It’s gear.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    We already have an alternate progression system. It’s gear.
    Gear is an alternative to gear? I don't think you thought that one through.

Gear is an alternative to gear? I don't think you thought that one through.
    My point is that leveling is the main progression system. Gear is already the alternate progression system. While I think covenants are the best alternate progression system for an expansion devised thus far, it is still entirely unnecessary when gear could just do all of this.
    -ynnady

I kinda doubt things like self rezes or spirit of redemption for dps is going to be anywhere near balanced... how would you even in pvp beyond flat out disabling it...

I have no good will left to offer blizzard ive been burned constantly and constantly every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Bet you a bagel there is going to be a boss that does massive fall damage to be a respec bait based on that useless talent. Will have some kind of suppression aura before he does it to stop classes from using spells to negate spell damage too.
    Seems like the game is not for you maybe you should take a break or leave altogether if you are not happy.

I didn't want any of this...they said they listened... what the hell did they listen to? Was there some group demanding to have the bastard offspring of relics and azerite?

Why do they only take the worst parts of any system they make...you know what I would of loved instead of this?

A weapon that evolves cosmetically based on my accomplishments in game....man i miss that.
    They listened to feedback. Unless you think listening is implementing what random user Laughinhjack from an unofficial website wants. In that case you are always going to be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They listened to feedback. Unless you think listening is implementing what random user Laughinhjack from an unofficial website wants. In that case you are always going to be disappointed.
    You are talking to a guy who literally thinks this feature is made to hurt him personally by people who are jealous of his raiding skills.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Believe what you wish. I am highly doubtful the majority of feedback from bfa was centered around how awesome the alternative power grinds were.

Believe what you wish. I am highly doubtful the majority of feedback from bfa was centered around how awesome the alternative power grinds were.
    It seems like people do like these systems, but what they don’t like is the infinite grinds associated with them. The infinite grinds are gone.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Clearly you didnt pay attention to the many many many many many USELESS choices.

Just look at the entire tree of Bonesmith Heirmir
    Everything is useless

Just look at this soulbind:

Cartilaginous Legs: After taking falling damage, the health lost becomes a shield lasting 30 sec.

Most useless option on the entire universe

AND THEN, there are overpowered ones in some other trees.
    Unless you like outdoor content, or you're doing Archimonde, or any boss with a knock-up. I wouldn't expect all of them to be good for raiding, although it would be great if all of them offered options for all sorts of content.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like people do like these systems, but what they don’t like is the infinite grinds associated with them. The infinite grinds are gone.
    I think the infinite grind isn't bad per se, but it has to be short-term limited, like a weekly cap or additive daily cap (so if you miss a day, you can still catch up if you want to). The pressure of having to constantly chase after my no-lifing guildmates was what made me leave Legion after a month or two. This and a distinctive lack of class that I'd find fun to play.

My point is that leveling is the main progression system. Gear is already the alternate progression system. While I think covenants are the best alternate progression system for an expansion devised thus far, it is still entirely unnecessary when gear could just do all of this.
    Well, it can't, so the system is necessary. Leveling hasn't been a significant progression system in WoW in over a decade.

Well, it can't, so the system is necessary. Leveling hasn't been a significant progression system in WoW in over a decade.
    Nah gear can do all of it. No alternative progressions system has been accepted well by the community as a whole.

What does this accomplish that gear wouldn’t?
    -ynnady

Gear...........

Nah gear can do all of it. No alternative progressions system has been accepted well by the community as a whole.
    When gear was the only progress people complained they had nothing to do in game.

thats why blizzard put in AP because with how mythic + works you can be gear capped in 2-3 days and then whine you have nothing to do till end of tier.

so its either soulbinds or blizzard having to once again do over time nerfs to instances because people would be instantly gear capped and then had to deal with bosses with only their skills - and lets be honest - 99% of playerbase depends on gear to kills bosses

What does this accomplish that gear wouldn’t?
    Gear can't be a gear-independent progression system. You know, the primary purpose of Artifacts, Heart and Soulbinds. Leveling can't, either, because it's a nonfactor after vanilla.

Gear alone as the sole progression doesn't work, we've seen that for years.