Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Wow yall Trump haters are really losing it now. Is it because some of you maybe watched Meet the Press yesterday? Did all of you see that testing is at its maximum capacity currently with the way we are doing testing due to reagents not being available and everyone is at capacity for production?
    Yes we let the house burn half-way down then we pumped max water onto the house. Success! As stated its the denial and stupidity of Trump thinking this would blow over.

The fact that unless we get a break through in antigen testing there is nothing anyone can do to increase it?
    Yes science! Again, the Idiot in Chief is going on tv saying anything from sun will kill it and by summer it will be gone to my goodness telling people to drink disinfectants. So once again the President is not calmly and cautiously trying to inform the public he is spit-balling on national tv. We have learned and already knew that his ideas are idiotic, which again we criticize for someone actually suggesting these stupid ideas in public.

Or is the realization that this thing is not going anywhere for 18 months and the only option is what Sweden did jumping in with both feet going for herd immunity? Oh btw the thought currently there is that Stockholm will have herd immunity by mid May? We may have to accept that this is going to kill a lot of people and the only way out of this with any semblance of an economy is to protect the vulnerable and go full head on into herd immunity.
    Figures what type of person you are. Don't be obtuse.

You admit as other Republicans that people have to die for the economy. So? Is it going to be Trumpkins who want to sacrifice themselves? Let's say if 300k Trumpkins are willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of economy, you are okay with this?

The cult members such as yourself are irrational. I mean this is sometimes the definition of a cult when the leader asks for human sacrifices. You seem to be okay with this.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Yes we let the house burn half-way down then we pumped max water onto the house. Success! As stated its the denial and stupidity of Trump thinking this would blow over.

Yes science! Again, the Idiot in Chief is going on tv saying anything from sun will kill it and by summer it will be gone to my goodness telling people to drink disinfectants. So once again the President is not calmly and cautiously trying to inform the public he is spit-balling on national tv. We have learned and already knew that his ideas are idiotic, which again we criticize for someone actually suggesting these stupid ideas in public.

Figures what type of person you are. Don't be obtuse.

You admit as other Republicans that people have to die for the economy. So? Is it going to be Trumpkins who want to sacrifice themselves? Let's say if 300k Trumpkins are willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of economy, you are okay with this?

The cult members such as yourself are irrational. I mean this is sometimes the definition of a cult when the leader asks for human sacrifices. You seem to be okay with this.
    This is the guy who said he'd vote for Satan himself, so long as he was a Republican. He's admitted to racism, and fully supports it. Hell, even a mod called him one.

Expecting honesty from people who have admitted principles and ethics don't matter... is a fruitless endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How 'bout that unity, though?!

So presidential.
    Jeezus! The Divider in Chief. I mean Illinois is ranked 5th in size of economy. I admit there is many factors to what or how not a state is "poorly run". By my standard again, Illinois ranks 5th in most payed federal income tax (makes sense).

You know what the hell am I doing? I'm trying to argue with an orange idiot on Twitter.

So yeah just don't attack states as the POTUS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is the guy who said he'd vote for Satan himself, so long as he was a Republican. He's admitted to racism, and fully supports it. Hell, even a mod called him one.

Expecting honesty from people who have admitted principles and ethics don't matter... is a fruitless endeavor.
    Oh! Well every once in awhile I let someone part of the cult slip through my ignore list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    <snip>
    HA! Yes, saw this and chuckled. Just when I thought this meme was dead, but then used in a great way.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Yeah, I forgot to say, aren't places like that generally net contributors while Republican states tend to be those that take more money than they give?

Also, when did the President of the United States of America become the President of Only Those Republican States in America?
    We know why? Chicago. If I have to go further how Trumpkins associate Chicago then we are not talking about economics anymore.

So then all of you will completely accept the fact that we are fucked? Your willing to hide in your house forever because if you can catch this again a vaccine becomes pointless as it wont do anything in the long run. Also its not the economy I am worried about, its jobs. I guess the main stream media has you all blinded as well because the world we will go back to will not have any jobs left for most of you. I am actually willing to risk my family because if Disney opens up by June my family is still going btw. I am not going to stop living for how long. THIS VIRUS IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Ill risk it and I think if people are willing to they should be allowed to. If you want to hide in your house that's up to you nooone is stopping you. The hospitals never got over ran BTW. Im betting most of you are fine working at home but a lot of people cant. If this doesn't break by June you will see people rebel and begin to open businesses on their own without consent. Or as states begin to run out of money they open to begin bringing in tax money. I don't see how states can survive for more than a few months without the tax income they are used to. And yes every life has value and its up to the government to find that breaking point.

What a pointless, ranting jumble of word salad. *looks at source* Oh, no surprise. Ignore it with the rest and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who follow extreme ideologies do seem to be stuck in that thinking pattern in about every aspect of their life.

Those protesting the lockdown measures and following the clown of a president instruction is the main cause why the US states will be on longer lockdown than elsewhere. Europe after an aggressive lock down is now looking to open up again. I believe people like trunksee simply lack the facilities to understand the purpose of a lockdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    So then all of you will completely accept the fact that we are fucked?
    This isn't a binary. This isn't "all is great" vs "we're all dead." There is a giant middle ground of "let's try to keep this under as much control as possible so we don't overwhelm our healthcare system causing unnecessary loss of life."

Your willing to hide in your house forever
    Strawman.

Also its not the economy I am worried about, its jobs.
    What, pray tell, do you think the economy is exactly?

I guess the main stream media has you all blinded as well because the world we will go back to will not have any jobs left for most of you.
    Well that's a whole bunch of hyperbolic nonsense.

I am actually willing to risk my family because if Disney opens up by June my family is still going btw.
    Fortunately for your family it's incredibly unlikely it will be open in June. Because "let's cram a ton of people in close quarters all touching the same things" is basically the opposite of what health experts are saying.

I am not going to stop living for how long.
    Yeah, but fuck grandma right? She can go die, the quicker the better! GO JERBS!

Ill risk it and I think if people are willing to they should be allowed to.
    Yeah we get it. Conservatives are selfish people who have no empathy. We already know they don't understand that it isn't all about you but rather the people around you.

The hospitals never got over ran BTW.
    1) Because of restrictions in place that you are arguing against. 2) Might want to check in with NYC on that one.

Im betting most of you are fine working at home but a lot of people cant. If this doesn't break by June you will see people rebel and begin to open businesses on their own without consent. Or as states begin to run out of money they open to begin bringing in tax money. I don't see how states can survive for more than a few months without the tax income they are used to. And yes every life has value and its up to the government to find that breaking point.
    Which is why everyone is looking for solutions that involve partial reopenings to try to minimize risk while getting some things back up and running.

Cause you know who else doesn't work or generate tax revenue? Corpses.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

BTW with everything going on I am so glad that we found a way to cure the Flu since this all started. Or could it be that these hospitals know that if someone dies to COVID their treatments are paid for by the government. Seems more than a bit fishy to me. Also why isn't Sweden falling apart right now? The way yall talk it leads me to believe everyone here has underlying conditions. Where is the end now that the WHO has said reinfection is likely meaning we really cant stop this virus at all. This may actually be the big one that doesn't have an easy answer. The answer may be go back to life eventually if your willing to. The quarantines are not working btw as it has been over 6 weeks and yes its flattening but not world wide. Any country will reinfect the rest of the world just like China started it any country can now do the same with a few cases. How many of you are willing to do another year of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    the WHO has said reinfection is likely meaning we really cant stop this virus at all.
    That's not even remotely what the WHO said.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    So then all of you will completely accept the fact that we are fucked? Your willing to hide in your house forever because if you can catch this again a vaccine becomes pointless as it wont do anything in the long run. Also its not the economy I am worried about, its jobs. I guess the main stream media has you all blinded as well because the world we will go back to will not have any jobs left for most of you. I am actually willing to risk my family because if Disney opens up by June my family is still going btw. I am not going to stop living for how long. THIS VIRUS IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Ill risk it and I think if people are willing to they should be allowed to. If you want to hide in your house that's up to you nooone is stopping you. The hospitals never got over ran BTW. Im betting most of you are fine working at home but a lot of people cant. If this doesn't break by June you will see people rebel and begin to open businesses on their own without consent. Or as states begin to run out of money they open to begin bringing in tax money. I don't see how states can survive for more than a few months without the tax income they are used to. And yes every life has value and its up to the government to find that breaking point.
    I am perfectly fine with people putting them and their families at risk of contracting a potentially deadly illness. But if something does happen to you or your loved ones, remember, it is your fault.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many of you are willing to do another year of this?
    I'm more than happy to work from home, I can actually get shit done instead of having the company idiots constantly walk into my office

I'm down for another year!

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That's not even remotely what the WHO said.
    I think he's going for some weird nihilist gotcha like "See? There's nothing we can do anyway, so we don't have to change our lives either!"
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    How 'bout that unity, though?!
    I have a response:

Why should the people and taxpayers of America be bailing out poorly run companies (like Boeing and Trump International Hotel, as example) and businesses, in all cases firing or laying off workers, when most of the other companies are not looking for bailout help? I am open to discussing anything, but just asking?
    Simply put, states, businesses, and people are all affected by this. The goal of government is to protect its people, more or less.

Also, Florida asked for federal bailout money. They asked March 25, they asked for hundreds of millions, and yes, that included food stamps. So Trump is a liar.

Now, normally I would say "donor states/recipient states" and teabag Trump's tweet into oblivion, but I don't have to. Cuomo did it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    His precious red states ask for money every god damn year, more when they get hit by hurricanes, and now more when corona hits and they can’t be bothered to close shit down. But the blue states are the problem.
    Exactly what Cuomo said. Simply put, what Trump said is false. Again.

Also: DC directly refutes Trunksee's "Testing at maximum" theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the end now that the WHO has said reinfection is likely meaning we really cant stop this virus at all. This may actually be the big one that doesn't have an easy answer. The answer may be go back to life eventually if your willing to. The quarantines are not working btw as it has been over 6 weeks and yes its flattening but not world wide. Any country will reinfect the rest of the world just like China started it any country can now do the same with a few cases. How many of you are willing to do another year of this?
    As someone who works in the industry, I can tell you that there are many clinical companies working on vaccines. Clinical Trials don't just happen in a handful of months. They take in some cases years. With many companies currently working together we should expect a faster than usual solution, but it still won't happen right away.

All in all though, this virus can be mitigated and suppressed well enough that we can phase in more openings on businesses rated by their level of essentiality until we feel it is safe enough. All the while though, social distancing and other protective measures will need to remain in play until a vaccine has been tested, reviewed, and released.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Supreme Court rules government must pay billions to Obamacare insurers

Interesting. 8 to 1 decision also.

The case concerned a temporary fund in the health care law intended as a buffer for health plans who had sicker customers than expected in the newly overhauled insurance marketplaces. Obamacare’s drafters hoped the program would be funded by industry, but health plans quickly racked up losses when the marketplaces opened in 2014. The next year, Republican lawmakers approved the first in a series of annual appropriations riders barring HHS from using taxpayer dollars to bankroll the program, known as risk corridors.

The high court agreed with insurers that the congressional spending restrictions didn’t release the government from its original promise to fund the Obamacare program. The court said Congress had created "a rare money-mandating obligation" that later appropriations language couldn't repeal.

"These holdings reflect a principle as old as the Nation itself: The Government should honor its obligations," wrote Justice Sonia Sotomayor in the majority opinion.

But the ruling represents a loss for the Trump administration, which argued it wasn’t obligated to make the risk corridor payments and is supporting the red states’ lawsuit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    trump needs to look fatter in this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you let your family know you're volunteering them as sacrifices for the jobs(but somehow not the economy)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    As someone who works in the industry, I can tell you that there are many clinical companies working on vaccines. Clinical Trials don't just happen in a handful of months. They take in some cases years. With many companies currently working together we should expect a faster than usual solution, but it still won't happen right away.

All in all though, this virus can be mitigated and suppressed well enough that we can phase in more openings on businesses rated by their level of essentiality until we feel it is safe enough. All the while though, social distancing and other protective measures will need to remain in play until a vaccine has been tested, reviewed, and released.
    The WHO set up a sharing program for that sort of research. The Trump admin is keeping the US out of it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN2261M7

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    With Nancy starting to come around on UBI you gotta wonder if universal healthcare might not be down the line. It all depends on how long this virus is making the rounds and what happens in November.
    we could get universal health care, but I'll be long gone before UBI becomes a possibility. It would require for so much work to be automated as to make capitalism untenable.