Just bookmark this link and check it as often you want:

https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/

Looks like Total War: Shogun 2 is going free in about a week. DCS is also currently free to play for two weeks. I've always wanted to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    This one might be regional as it is showing $2.99 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Jfc, yeah, let’s stop linking out not just free games, but games that will make you cash trough Steam Cards just because they are not up to YOUR standards… seems fair enough… or you know, you can just ignore them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Who said anything about not linking games that give cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Who said anything about not linking games that give cards?
    Last I saw Steam said any game you get for free (excluding gifts/trades) will give you zero trading cards. Which I assume is to prevent abuse by certain developers as it had in the past. Which so far seems to be correct since none of the games I have gotten lately drop any cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the free game links. I'd rather decide what is shitty myself than someone decide for me. I've found a few gems in free games, and we all kinda different stuff.

Unless it's a legit scam game that doesn't work, I think it's worth sharing in case people want.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Fuck, it is indeed, apparently they changed it last year:

But I'm guessing it's only via-steam promotions though, because my card farmer is still farming around 100 cards from games that I have no bloody clue where they even came from...
    Yeah, it only applies to those that Steam gives away for free. The ones that you get free elsewhere doesn't count against it and you can still get free cards from it.

got 8 choices left from last months, 7 choices left from the upcoming choices (only hitman is gone) and I've got everything left in the 2K bundle except WWE 2k20.

Standard rules. I check post history, if I think your a twat, you don't get free stuff from me. deal with it.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

if anyone would like a copy of black the fall I have an extra key
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Its been quite a while since i spent time here doing/participating in giveaways but now that iam in the mood for some more Humble bundlery.. first person to quote me gets a Spec Ops: The Line Steam Code.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    got 8 choices left from last months, 7 choices left from the upcoming choices (only hitman is gone) and I've got everything left in the 2K bundle except WWE 2k20.

Standard rules. I check post history, if I think your a twat, you don't get free stuff from me. deal with it.
    Heya...if you still have that 2K bundle, I wonder if you still got NBA2k20 in there..

Alien Isolation
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...ien_Isolation/
    Currently at 95% off.

Same on the humble store, but there it's 96% off if you have humble choice
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...rce=store_home

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good bundle for some of the Walking Dead titles alone: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/sanctuary-bundle

This War of Mine: Final Cut
    This War of Mine: Stores Season Pass
    The Walking Dead: Michonne
    The Walking Dead: 400 days (includes first season)
    The Walking Dead: season 2
    Blood Fresh Supply
    Rollercoast Tycoon Classic
    Sanctus Reach
    Redeemer

$5 USD

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Another freebie, that should start in a little under 2 hours from now:
    - https://store.steampowered.com/app/2..._War_SHOGUN_2/

And 30 free games going up in rapid succession soon:
    - https://ggplayers.com/everyone-is-a-...-key-giveaway/

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Another freebie, that should start in a little under 2 hours from now:
    - https://store.steampowered.com/app/2..._War_SHOGUN_2/
    Anyone having any luck for Total War Shogun 2? It says it is 100% off, costs $29.99 and when I go to try to "redeem" it wants me to buy it. Been looking forward to this one since I saw it announced earlier in the month.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-04-27 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Anyone having any luck for Total War Shogun 2? It says it is 100% off, costs $29.99 and when I go to try to "redeem" it wants me to buy it. Been looking forward to this one since I saw it announced earlier in the month.
    They have some issues with deployment.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Thanks! The one place I never look lol. Though reading that thread is bad since some people mentioned buying it for $29.99 and not realizing it wasn't promo'ing itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it is now active: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2..._War_SHOGUN_2/

10+ Year Old Account
    This guideline of free games not giving cards is starting to get silly really.

So even if i add dlc's to total war 2, it would still grant me no cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I'm curious about this as well. If so the $0.74 cents for one dlc could make it worth it in the long run with the extra card drops.

I mean technically DLC doesn't give extra drops, but it *might* be able to activate them if they weren't before.

This guideline of free games not giving cards is starting to get silly really.

"DLC from the Steam Store will not grant additional trading card drops for a free to play game. The only purchases that qualify are those completed through the in-game store."

So, yeah Steam and Valve says No.

Yeah, that part we knew about. The question though is if you buy DLC from a free game on Steam does it "activate" the original purchase in this case since a purchase was applied to the game.

To answer your question I bought the "Rise of the Samurai Campaign" since it was more than just some units and it still shows 0 cards able to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah, that part we knew about. The question though is if you buy DLC from a free game on Steam does it "activate" the original purchase in this case since a purchase was applied to the game.
    Well just before you bought the (free) game on steam which in this case is Shogun 2, there was a question mark with the add to account button that says that no trading cards will come out of this license you're about to add to your account.