o..I dunno...when was the last time we demanded that the healthy fit get locked up to protect the elderly? (this presumes no criminality)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Yeah there is no proven data on that yet.

But you mentioned mortality rate - the antibody testing and data that emerges from it is precisely what puts COVID mortality rate at around 1% and that is quite important information.
    Neither point is conclusive yet. The suspicion that a lot more people are asymptotic than previously thought is only from statistical analysis of 3 or so tests.

What they did was calculate a sample size for the total population in an area and uses the data to represent the entire population. Which is fine in most cases but no really in medical studies. Calculating appropriate sample size in medical studies is very complex. There's analytical issues with all the tests, which won't be medically useful until they are peer reviewed and there are a few more regional tests to compare.

A lot more people have had than what's reported though, that's for sure.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So Texas is dropping their stay at home order after April 30th, and this will override other counties orders so basically there will be no more stay at home orders.

Also Texas is having retail, movie theaters, resturaunts, and MALLS (for some reason) able to open at 25% capacity starting May 1st. Gyms and salons May 15th. Companies that break capacity rules will be shut down.

Man, while Texas has been lucky in that we arent near hospital capacity, this seems like a bad idea still. and how the hell do you enforce capacity at MALLS of all places?

Whelp I'll still be wearing my mask when going out and only going out to the grocery store for awhile.
    Is there even law enforcement capability to enforce this and control these capacity guidelines? I was under the impression that local law enforcement is spread thin as it is in the US?

If they are than this is nothing more than an attempt at giving a fake sense of security stating that things will be monitored, while they won't be at all. So when the time comes another spike of infections comes around they have the ability to shift the blame to something else than state government officials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    o..I dunno...when was the last time we demanded that the healthy fit get locked up to protect the elderly? (this presumes no criminality)
    This looks better than most college dorms

People as soft as the toilet paper they hoard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Is there even law enforcement capability to enforce this and control these capacity guidelines? I was under the impression that local law enforcement is spread thin as it is in the US?

If they are than this is nothing more than an attempt at giving a fake sense of security stating that things will be monitored, while they won't be at all. So when the time comes another spike of infections comes around they have the ability to shift the blame to something else than state government officials.
    What'll happen is probably whats currently happening. Rely on individuals to report violators to the police or state agency. Which is fairly unreliable, especially with idiots willingly tearing up citations and ignoring punishments.

10+ Year Old Account

No cop in their right mind will enforce it unless they are draped up and dripped down in PPE.

Hopefully here immunity kicks up because none of those measures worked when they first tried them. In fact they let to a spike in cases.

Man, while Texas has been lucky in that we arent near hospital capacity, this seems like a bad idea still. and how the hell do you enforce capacity at MALLS of all places?
    Probably limit available parking, chain off 75% of the parking lot. Sure there will be some people that carpool or hoof it to get there but I won't think most people would be willing to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What'll happen is probably whats currently happening. Rely on individuals to report violators to the police or state agency. Which is fairly unreliable, especially with idiots willingly tearing up citations and ignoring punishments.
    So just a means to escape accountability for unlocking the state to soon. ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    No cop in their right mind will enforce it unless they are draped up and dripped down in PPE.

Hopefully here immunity kicks up because none of those measures worked when they first tried them. In fact they let to a spike in cases.
    Oh yes, forgot about that. We had people here spitting at police and that is with a rather high public obedience for the lockdown.

So Texas is doomed.
    Right?

damn I was going to say something till I realized it was in Norway.

is that a fucking fridge on the bottom left??
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    damn I was going to say something till I realized it was in Norway.

is that a fucking fridge on the bottom left??
    What about the TV on the right? At least they could have taken away the remote control.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    WHO was going off of what China said in that and has since corrected it. The WHO doesn't have people on the ground in every place and at that point, China was the only infected place and was lying through their teeth. No one could have thought China would be so bad that they would jeopardize the world.
    Blaming China is like blaming your neighbor with the nice car for yourself being broken into.

'If they didn't buy that nice car the thieves would not come here and I could leave my doors unlocked".

China went into heavy lockdowns well before shit hit the fan internationally. People weren't allowed to leave their homes/cities. They were screening establishment to establishment, door to door. They built temporary facilities to deal with the mess, and you had to be vetted before you could walk/travel again.

SK, Japan, and other SE Asian countries took similar steps, albeit more humanitarian.

It was Western countries that imported and exported the virus like it was gold. The West that sold PPE for hospitals to Asian countries to make money off the early stages of COVID19. It was Westerns who ignored travel adversaries. US ports and airports that let people from suspected infections spots in, out, and all throw the country. People off cruises without being quarantined. People with symptoms off flips and free to roam to public transit.

COVID19 was and is a global fuck up do to people, mainly the West, taking safety for granted. It only gets worse the next time if keep trying to pass the blame instead of learning from our mistakes.

Who gives a damn what China does? They don't stop us from being responsible and proactive.

Blaming China is like blaming your neighbor with the nice car for yourself being broken into.
    Not really. They lied about the severity. While they did do some lockdowns, they said it was A) under control and B) not that bad. Since no one else had it, their info is all we had to go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    So just a means to escape accountability for unlocking the state to soon. ugh.
    Look up the Las Vegas mayor interview if you want to see what this 'leaders' are doing.

She knows that there's no way to open up places now without people getting sick. She said it's the job of the establishment to keep patrons safe and that 'people will learn' what's safe and what's not. She basically admitted she was to profit off the establishments being open while putting all the responsibility into places that don't actually have the knowledge, resources, power, sometimes give a damn, to keep deal with the pandemic.

Its, "we'll send the workers to get face the plague while we safely collect the dues. They cannot afford not to be out there and the stupid will come".

Prey on the poor and vulnerable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Not really. They lied about the severity. While they did do some lockdowns, they said it was A) under control and B) not that bad. Since no one else had it, their info is all we had to go on.
    Like I said in my last line, we're still responsible for ourselves no matter what China says or does. China does not control US borders and policies.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    What about the TV on the right? At least they could have taken away the remote control.
    most jails allow for a tv in the US if you can afford the overpriced 13-18 incher and antenna...and are lucky enough to have any stations in range.

That's not a shock at all.

i'd love to see that jails commissary list.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    So Texas is doomed.
    Right?
    Maybe. We've got a lot more hospital beds than most states, but rural Texas (which is a lot of it), is probably fucked. Theres a meat packing plant up in the panhandle that's having a massive outbreak and is affecting 3 counties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look up the Las Vegas mayor interview if you want to see what this 'leaders' are doing.
    I watched that interview in its entirety. It's soul-crushingly cringe-worthy.

After the ensuing backlash, here's a part of said mayor's response:
    I believe all of America loves Las Vegas and wants very much to see her survive," she writes. "It therefore behooves me to explain to Americans from the other [49] states just how perilous and unique our situation is if our hospitality industry doesn't reopen soon. The Las Vegas the world knows and loves simply won't survive.
    I can't even...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...york-city.html

As of Sunday, the city had attributed 16,673 deaths to coronavirus, either because people had tested positive for the virus, or because the circumstances of their death meant that city health officials believed the virus to be the most likely cause of death.But there remains a large gap between this number and the total deaths above typical levels in the last six and a half weeks: more than 4,200 people whose deaths are not captured by the official coronavirus toll.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Might be soft but it is perhaps the best working justice system in the west. So something to learn by.