Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The Silver Hand in Orgrimmar

Why? I thought that the Silver Hand has splintered in BfA, cause during the battle for Stromgarde, the soldiers under Turalyon bear the banner of the Silver Hand. But now there is a blood elf knight of the Silver Hand in Orgrimmar. Where are blood knights?

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Why? I thought that the Silver Hand has splintered in BfA, cause during the battle for Stromgarde, the soldiers under Turalyon bear the banner of the Silver Hand. But now there is a blood elf knight of the Silver Hand in Orgrimmar. Where are blood knights?
    I would have to say the only thing to glean from this is that the Silver Hand banner in Arathi is incidental. The Argent Crusade & the other major offshoots essentially re-organized into a Neutral Silver Hand organization during legion. Ergo, Turalyon is both a member of the Silver Hand & the Alliance, just as Liadrin is a member of the Silver Hand & the Horde. And any Silver Hand soldiers fighting alongside Turalyon were ones from Stormwind

The Silver Hand seems to have a ton of subgroups and self appointed members, throughout vanilla-cata, the paladins in Stormwind in their quest texts refer to themselves as the Silver Hand, then Tirion somehow assumes official command, the lore picks up from there but its really muddled.

I'd assume it's like, most non draenei paladins in the Alliance are "old breed", i.e either pre third war or from the successor chapter in Stormwind, they are Alliance first, Silver Hand second.

Unlike the Tirion chapter which is just a spiritual continuation of the Argent Dawn, they are true neutral, not alliance or horde first.

All these groups reserve their right to carry the colors and name of the Silver Hand, wether the other groups agree or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I don't think the Silver Hand splintered, nor any of the Class Orders. It really looks more like Turalyon was using those banners without permission tbh. Most factioned groups within each Class Order returned to either Horde and Alliance, I just guess that a lot of those paladins still consider themselves Silver Hand.

The problem is not that there's a Silver Hand knight in Orgrimmar, the problem is more that there were alleged Silver Hand Knights fighting for the alliance in Stormgarde

Little correction. Liadrin is not part of Silver hand. She just supported them in Legion.

Silver Hand Blood elves exist, but Blood Knights also exist. Same with drenai. That's why Liadrin using her BK tabard. These groups working for different purpose and with different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I don't think the Silver Hand splintered, nor any of the Class Orders. It really looks more like Turalyon was using those banners without permission tbh. Most factioned groups within each Class Order returned to either Horde and Alliance, I just guess that a lot of those paladins still consider themselves Silver Hand.

The problem is not that there's a Silver Hand knight in Orgrimmar, the problem is more that there were alleged Silver Hand Knights fighting for the alliance in Stormgarde
    Whose permission does he need though, Tirion was self appointed and didnt really have the authority to give the player any titles.

Both Turalyon and Tirion are founding members, maybe Turalyon simply remembers the true purpose for their formation unlike Tirion who bffs orcs.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2020-04-28 at 06:59 AM.

So Alliance humans don't have their own organization of paladins then?

It really looks more like Turalyon was using those banners without permission tbh.
    Turalyon was a member of the silver hand pretty much longer than any other living member at this point. Who would he ask for permission?

Remember when the Silver Hand was an order of knights founded to fight the Horde? This shit is getting more ridiculous by the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    The Silver Hand seems to have a ton of subgroups and self appointed members, throughout vanilla-cata, the paladins in Stormwind in their quest texts refer to themselves as the Silver Hand, then Tirion somehow assumes official command, the lore picks up from there but its really muddled.
    I mean, the Silver Hand was basically founded as a spiritual successor (pun intended) of the Holy Order of Northshire Clerics. It makes sense then that newly trained Paladins from Northshire Abbey would consider themselves to be Knights of the Silver Hand.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-04-28 at 09:54 AM.

If only the Horde had its own 'paladin' organisations. Could you imagine if it had not one, not two, but three paladin groups of which two are entirely unique to the Horde and have meaning and approaches fitting to their respective races, and one used to be before it was hollowed out to be a Silver Hand pastiche? Luckily, that's not the case, so the only choice is to have the Silver Hand, made to fight orcs in a war with Orgrim Doomhammer be in a city named after him training people from radically different cultures and beliefs into being differently coloured humans.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-04-28 at 10:11 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I mean, the Silver Hand was basically founded as a spiritual successor (pun intended) of the Holy Order of Northshire Clerics. It makes sense then that newly trained Paladins from Northshire Abbey would consider themselves to be Knights of the Silver Hand.
    Well, there was clearly a schism, because the Lordaeron portion was the dominant chapter of SH pre 3rd war, since the Argent Dawn "won" over the Scarlet Crusade, there is probably a fair amount of og SH members in the neutral Tirion aligned order.

That said, to me the Stormwind chapter is the canonical Silver Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I would have to say the only thing to glean from this is that the Silver Hand banner in Arathi is incidental. The Argent Crusade & the other major offshoots essentially re-organized into a Neutral Silver Hand organization during legion. Ergo, Turalyon is both a member of the Silver Hand & the Alliance, just as Liadrin is a member of the Silver Hand & the Horde. And any Silver Hand soldiers fighting alongside Turalyon were ones from Stormwind

Liandrin also fight in Arathi, against Turalyon and the Silver Hand no less. This doesn't make an ounce of sense. Just like giving the paladin corner to the Silver Hand instead of the Blood Knights or (even if I resent their very existence) to the Tauren paladin order.

Reminds me of the quote: " I belong to the past, when uniforms were black and grown men wore them. "

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    the Silver Hand, made to fight orcs in a war with Orgrim Doomhammer be in a city named after him
    It's ironic, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Silver Hand in Orgrimmar, while its members fought for Stromgarde in BFA HAHAHAHA

This is ridiculeous. Poor Horde.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

That's what happens when you make Alliance content neutral all the time. Now humans and dwarves don't even have their order anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Silver Hand seems to be an omnibus organization of Paladins on Azeroth - it is no longer a Human-centric group but rather a kind of legacy to which all Paladins have a loose association. This is probably a legacy of the Third War, in which the heroics of Paladins fighting the Scourge is eulogized as well as a product of the Paladin Order Hall in Legion, which used the trappings and ancient sanctum of the Silver Hand to organize and so forth. There are other more stratified organizations of Paladins as well - the Sin'dorei Blood Knights, the Draenic Vindicators, the Tauren Sunwalkers, the Zandalari Prelates, etc. etc. The Brotherhood of the Light seems to be the more Alliance-centric Paladin sect, its members being majority Human with a handful of Dwarves. The Argent Dawn, Argent Crusade, and now the Silver Hand are more or less collectives for Paladins at this point.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    etc. etc.
    There's no "etc. etc.", human and dwarf organization doesn't exist anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Silver Hand seems to be an omnibus organization of Paladins on Azeroth - it is no longer a Human-centric group but rather a kind of legacy to which all Paladins have a loose association. This is probably a legacy of the Third War, in which the heroics of Paladins fighting the Scourge is eulogized as well as a product of the Paladin Order Hall in Legion, which used the trappings and ancient sanctum of the Silver Hand to organize and so forth. There are other more stratified organizations of Paladins as well - the Sin'dorei Blood Knights, the Draenic Vindicators, the Tauren Sunwalkers, the Zandalari Prelates, etc. etc. The Brotherhood of the Light seems to be the more Alliance-centric Paladin sect, its members being majority Human with a handful of Dwarves. The Argent Dawn, Argent Crusade, and now the Silver Hand are more or less collectives for Paladins at this point.
    I think this is just laziness at this point.

It should be forbidden to put some human aesthetics in Orgrimmar.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Humans and dwarves have their organisation with a historical background and ethos that's based on those races' story turned into a bland umbrella organisation available to the faction it was made to oppose.

Horde races have their unique spins entirely ignored to LARP as the most surface level versions of human and dwarf paladins, despite a prelate/sunwalker and a Silver Hand paladin having nothing in common except using the same gameplay abilities.

This has been your daily reminder that homogenization fucks with all parties involved and class halls were a mistake.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.