Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - April 27, Fan Art - Journey to Gilneas Trailer, DLC #724

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - April 27
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    Monk
    • [With regional restarts] Mistweaver Monks’ Rising Mist can now extend a heal-over-time effect by up to 100% of its original duration.
      • Developers’ note: When we buffed Rising Mist with the intention of making melee Mistweaver a viable playstyle, players discovered that stacking extreme amounts of haste and cooldown reduction can reach a breaking point of infinite duration on Mistweaver Monks’ heal-over-time effects. Even though it’s exciting to see people discover new builds and interactions, the sheer power level in this case is likely to have a negative effect on the healing game for the remainder of Battle for Azeroth. This change is intended to prevent the infinite extension, while allowing Rising Mist to still enable an effective melee playstyle.

Fan Art - Journey to Gilneas Cinematic Trailer
    Voolcan created a nice trailer that provides a little bit more Gilneas content.

Dark Legacy Comics #724
    DLC #724 has been released.

Last edited by chaud; 2020-04-28 at 01:49 AM.

That cinematic, chills. I mean seriously, chills. DLC, always good for a laugh.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It funny that a fan can put together a 4-minute video that's better than every second of the full-length feature film Warcraft.

Damn it! At first glance I thought it would be a pre-patch event to Shadowlands wherein The Alliance re-claims Gilneas, making it a player capital city!

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched it. Props to Voolcan, incredibly made and amazing editing skills. Blizzard would be lucky to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    It funny that a fan can put together a 4-minute video that's better than every second of the full-length feature film Warcraft.
    It is also not true ... but we don't want to let reality get in the way of a good whinge now do we

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Pretty good fan made trailer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is also not true ... but we don't want to let reality get in the way of a good whinge now do we
    Well it’s subjective so maybe it is true to him, but we don’t want to let reality get in the way of your chance for an argument do we

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Well it’s subjective
    Not really ... but if that makes people feel better, then go for it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Well, considering the timeline of the lore is off (Worgen did not assist in the defense of Gilneas as they were savage and feral until after its fall), and the narrator has pacing and tone issues, I wouldn’t say it’s better than every second of the WoW movie.
    That stated, it was pretty well done and neat to watch. Definitely more talented at that then I could ever be.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Well, considering the timeline of the lore is off (Worgen did not assist in the defense of Gilneas as they were savage and feral until after its fall), and the narrator has pacing and tone issues, I wouldn’t say it’s better than every second of the WoW movie.
    That stated, it was pretty well done and neat to watch. Definitely more talented at that then I could ever be.
    Tone issues? I'll say; he sounds like an NPC from Red Dead 2, as in someone who is trying to do a bad texan dialect. The cinematic is fine, very fine even, but that voice... Good God!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

what exactly is that cap trying to achieve exactly? as long as you don't stop attacking, the HoTs still have effectively infinite duration.
    i don't see how this changes anything.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That trailer highlights what the Caverns of Time should have been..

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    what exactly is that cap trying to achieve exactly? as long as you don't stop attacking, the HoTs still have effectively infinite duration.
    i don't see how this changes anything.
    It's 100% duration max, so after it's extended to twice the normal duration, it can't extend any further.

i thought the orcs in warcraft were more than worth the price of admission. they're "people" even though they look differently. they're interesting, the animation was great, the acting by the humans was stale but a lot of those actors ARE good actors in other things so it was maybe the writing and trying to keep it as a movie that makes sense to wow players and non-wow players

overall it was a good movie, i've enjoyed watching it a few times. not the best ever but better than most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Tone issues? I'll say; he sounds like an NPC from Red Dead 2, as in someone who is trying to do a bad texan dialect. The cinematic is fine, very fine even, but that voice... Good God!
    fake southern accents always sound like shit, especially to people with a real southern accent

the best fake southern accent i can think of is the pilot from the expanse, the former martian who is flying with the main crew

Quote Originally Posted by Shezarrine View Post
    i thought the orcs in warcraft were more than worth the price of admission. they're "people" even though they look differently. they're interesting, the animation was great, the acting by the humans was stale but a lot of those actors ARE good actors in other things so it was maybe the writing and trying to keep it as a movie that makes sense to wow players and non-wow players

overall it was a good movie, i've enjoyed watching it a few times. not the best ever but better than most.

- - - Updated - - -

fake southern accents always sound like shit, especially to people with a real southern accent

the best fake southern accent i can think of is the pilot from the expanse, the former martian who is flying with the main crew
    If the actors are good in other things and the acting is stale it's the directing or editing, not the writing.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you're right its not subjective the Warcraft movie was panned by every critic. It was a terrible movie, with a poorly written plot, bad directing, worse acting and shoddy CGI. I'm glad we can agree that this is not subjective opinion but a statement of verifiable fact.

The cinematic was very good.

you're right its not subjective the Warcraft movie was panned by every critic. It was a terrible movie, with a poorly written plot, bad directing, worse acting and shoddy CGI. I'm glad we can agree that this is not subjective opinion but a statement of verifiable fact.
    While I'm not gonna argue it was good, who in the fuck cares about critics?

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    It's 100% duration max, so after it's extended to twice the normal duration, it can't extend any further.
    is that meant as each heal can only be extended to 100% extra and then only drops off, or that the duration can only go to 100% of the normal duration.

if it's the latter it doesn't change anything. the duration won't go above 100% but it won't drop off either as you can just keep refreshing it to keep it always at 200% duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever that Luke Hynes fella is he sure do have awesome voice blizz need to have him voice a worgen character.