Thread: UFOs

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They would come here because we represent a threat to them. A new intelligent lifeform expanding into the universe could be evil and try to kill them. So they would be required to visit and make sure that doesn't happen.
    But this is pure wild speculation. You are speculating about the motives of a thing that you speculate to exist.

That is the whole crazy rabbit trail of assumptions that leads to conspiracy theories, it is just self propagating speculation.

The "Logic" chain here:

(Fact) Navy releases videos of blurry somethings > Attempt to identify > Assume no possible terrestrial explanation > Process of elimination, must be extraterrestial > Compare object to preconceived notions of Aliens > Perfect Match! Aliens confirmed > Why are aliens here? > Assume identical motivations to myself > Notice that none of the facts fit your assumptions > Assume government coverup of "real" facts that would fit your speculations > Assign motives to "Government" > Notice government doesn't actually have those motives > Imagine creepy hidden "Government" that conceals its identity > Assign enormous power to this hidden government (They will need it to cover up so much shit) > Assume hidden government is evil, because they are hiding > Plan to resist this imagined evil organization > Find fellow believers > Learn about their crazy ideas > Notice how they also believe in shadow governments > Trump 2020! MAGA! #QANON

I've seen some estimates that there are billions camera's that are on at one point or another during the day and yet after trillions and trillions of hours of footage we still don't have a single clear imagine of ghost, aliens, ufo, etc etc … kind of proves something doesn't it?

Oh and we have military spy tech that can spot hemorrhoids on Putin's ass from space...but blurry ufo's??
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    I think some people are just attracted to the perpetually unexplainable. As soon as something becomes explainable I think those same people would lose interest as they view the explainable as boring for some reason. Probably they would just move on to a new unexplainable event that nobody can ever prove wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is a lot better with music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU
    I hope you all have enjoyed my sugestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Unidentified Flying Object = Unidentified Flying Object.

Unidentified Flying Object =/= Aliens
    Pretty much this. Yes, there are UFOs, no they're not aliens. If a civilization was advanced enough for interstellar travel, they'd be smarrt enough to stay the fuck away frrom us. Also, Fermi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    This thread is a lot better with music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU
    I hope you all have enjoyed my sugestion.
    Great show, ah back in the day when MTV actually aired worth while television..They did let you wait ages before you saw actual aliens.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Pretty much this. Yes, there are UFOs, no they're not aliens. If a civilization was advanced enough for interstellar travel, they'd be smarrt enough to stay the fuck away frrom us. Also, Fermi.
    *tinfoil hate on* unless they are not alien and are a hidden ocean or underground Intelligent species that has not developed tech to fully hide their drones or what not! *tinfoil hat off*
    Last edited by TigTone; 2020-04-28 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    But this is pure wild speculation. You are speculating about the motives of a thing that you speculate to exist.

That is the whole crazy rabbit trail of assumptions that leads to conspiracy theories, it is just self propagating speculation.
    Everything in this thread is speculation. Are you saying you have proof of aliens?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    98% Secret new flight tech by DARPA
    1,9% Aliens
    0.1% Jaylock out for a small flight over the water.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Aliens advanced enough for interstellar travel would have either immediately enslaved/annihilated us or adhere to the Prime Directive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post

If you can stomach to read books that are at least 10 times as long as they should have been for about 4 original thoughts this book series has good speculation about why one alien species would kill another.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Aliens advanced enough for interstellar travel would have either immediately enslaved/annihilated us or adhere to the Prime Directive.

Long story short:

1) The galaxy has too much room. Earth has existed for 4bilion years. We have not discovered either Kardashev type 3 or 2 civilizations.
    2) We make bad slaves. We rebel too much and at any chance. Slave owners on Earth had primitive technology and needed human labor. Aliens won't.
    3) Our planet is useless. It's made of the same materials the galaxy is full of. Even water.
    4) We are not tasty. We might even be poisonous to aliens.
    5) Our genetics are useless. We almost have power over genetics. If we can, far more advanced aliens have absolutely no need for our genes.
    6) Why bother with an anthill that might or might not exist last time they checked?
    7) We are more interesting alive than dead.
    8) Not worth it because of the distance. The universe is too large to bother.
    9) We actually have weapons to destroy aliens. What would happen if you summoned a star next to a spaceship? That's what nuclear weapons are.
    10) Earth itself could be poisonous to biological aliens.

One argument why these things are not natural phenomenon is the way they move.
    That leaves some stupidly advanced tech someone is hiding (and it gets stupidly hard to make something in such a secret that no one knows about it, while also involving way too many people to create it) or those are aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I like how photos shot of UFOs in the 2010s are still grainy and pixelated to all hell, but we have photos of people from the 1840s and they came out crystal clear.
    Just to point out something - military imagining in real life and military imaging in movies are two very different things. They will get upgrades on planes maaaybe each 10 years and the upgrade itself will be several years old at that point. So if you see something filmed in 2007, it was most likely made with camera from 90ties. Plus there is the issue of storage, which was very limited not so long ago, forcing low resolution video and again, old tech.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    *tinfoil hate on* unless they are not alien and are a hidden ocean or underground Intelligent species that has not developed tech to fully hide their drones or what not! *tinfoil hat off*
    What about them being human time travelers from the future too. They come back and constantly are trying to change their fate and we are completely unaware of changes when they occur and any theory of how time travel mechanics work we think we have are incorrect. It has been a struggle they have been tinkering with for millions of years and have yet to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I think civilizations capable of the interstellar travel required to reach us would also be capable of very easily avoiding detection. And if they actually wanted us to see them, we'd have a lot more than shaky footage from potato cameras.
    Or they don't care if the indigenous primitives see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

Long story short:

1) The galaxy has too much room. Earth has existed for 4bilion years. We have not discovered either Kardashev type 3 or 2 civilizations.
    2) We make bad slaves. We rebel too much and at any chance. Slave owners on Earth had primitive technology and needed human labor. Aliens won't.
    3) Our planet is useless. It's made of the same materials the galaxy is full of. Even water.
    4) We are not tasty. We might even be poisonous to aliens.
    5) Our genetics are useless. We almost have power over genetics. If we can, far more advanced aliens have absolutely no need for our genes.
    6) Why bother with an anthill that might or might not exist last time they checked?
    7) We are more interesting alive than dead.
    8) Not worth it because of the distance. The universe is too large to bother.
    9) We actually have weapons to destroy aliens. What would happen if you summoned a star next to a spaceship? That's what nuclear weapons are.
    10) Earth itself could be poisonous to biological aliens.
    Coins always have 2 sides, since the guy spoked in another video, i am posting it .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    With the US Pentagon declassifying 3 videos of UFOs today, I'm wondering if anyone's opinion on the topic has changed. Although I want to believe in the existence I'm skeptical. I've even seen explainable phenomenon, but I've never been certain that they were definitely aliens. What is everyone else's opinion on this?

Video in case people haven't seen it.
    You'll notice that claims of UFOs have declined precipitously, right alongside the development of technologies where everyone has a high-quality camera in their pocket with unlimited snaps pretty much all the time, even able to capture high-quality video.

There has been no discernible increase in photos or video footage, and arguably a significant decrease.

Because it was always shitty footage that made nothing seem like something. Just like footage of ghosts. It's either fraud, or a no-longer-relevant film issue like double exposure, or an explainable phenomena like ball lightning.

Is it possible that intelligent alien life exists? Sure. We have basically next to no relevant data to even begin to make an answer to that, but it's possible. The deafening silence from the skies is, however, evocative that we are likely alone, at least in anywhere close to our region of space.

Is it possible that said intelligent life is;
    1> Close enough to us in terms of distance to be able to locate and visit our system,
    2> Technologically advanced enough to travel that interstellar divide,
    3> Someone so wildly different from us they either never used any significant form of wave broadcast or only for a period we could not detect before shutting it down in favor of "better" communication systems,
    4> So technologically incompetent that they regularly get spotted by us, and
    5> So incredibly, unreasonably pacifistic that they will decide that we can retain our planet even though we're the equivalent of chimpanzees, in technological development scales, compared to them?

Yeah, vanishingly unlikely. By a weird evolutionary glitch, humans have a weird capacity to empathize with basically anything; it's why we have pets, and anthropomorphize everything. We see a slavering timber wolf, and go "PUPPY" and turn it into a weiner dog through selective breeding. The idea that another technological species has that same glitch? Infinitessimal, if our planet is any example to go by.

If anything, it's more likely that Earth is a "Death Planet", and so wildly inhospitable the existence of life here, let alone intelligent life, is baffling to visitors. And they avoid contact because we're fucking terrifying. So if we look like we might present a threat, it's annihilation time, which doesn't take technology. Just shift the orbits of a few big Kuiper belt objects a bit, and wait; we might handle one giant rock, but thousands one right after the other, each an extinction-level event? Nah.

If UFOs are aliens, that should terrify everyone. The best outcome is that they think we're cute and adopt us as pets. The other likely options involve terms like "edible biomass" or "extermination target". It's one thing science fiction almost always gets wrong, by presenting us as near-equals, technologically. Humanity rising up against the invaders would be like a troop of chimpanzees trying to chase foresters out of the jungle. They'd chuck some rocks, and then the shooting would start, and it wouldn't remotely be a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    UFOs don't matter though because unless you can explain how and why aliens would be visiting us then it doesn't matter as a topic. It's basically just "there might be aliens" and then nothing happens, how can we use that idea to do something interesting?
    Same reason why humans visit zoo's.... To do interesting animals we can't see that easily in wild......

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Same reason why humans visit zoo's.... To do interesting animals we can't see that easily in wild......
    Okay yes, "for fun" is a possible explanation. It's just for me if I was an advanced alien I would uplift humanity and not observe them like zoo animals, but of course I can only speak for myself and I have no clue what would interest aliens if they existed.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay yes, "for fun" is a possible explanation. It's just for me if I was an advanced alien I would uplift humanity and not observe them like zoo animals, but of course I can only speak for myself and I have no clue what would interest aliens if they existed.
    It should have been see/look at but kid was talking so I didn't focused. Why do you think some less developed species would be able to understand what are you trying to do or explain to them? If aliens exist and are able to visit different planets one can assume that they are much more advanced then we are... It would be more likely to explain general relativity theory to caveman than their understanding of physics to us...

10+ Year Old Account
    What, what if aliens use Earth to practice their driving skills? Like we're the back woods of an area and they come here to go intergalactic mudding or to teach their kids how to push the flying triangle.

They don't bother making official contact with the locals because they aren't supposed to be out here, also people are dumb. Right!

What, what if we are like zoo to them and there's a Harambe incident waiting to happen? Is there a Human King?

Resident Cosplay Progressive