Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Extremely disappointed.

I'd rather have a mysterious figure
    Or old man.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

He looks stupid with that baldie head though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I think you are overhyping him. He can't be that powerful, certainly not more than Sargeras or the Void Lords. Calling him the "Satan of the WoW universe" is quite a bold claim.

It'd be much more interesting if he were a villain who relies mostly on deception and manipulation rather than sheer strength. So even if he were an ant compared to Sargeras or Kil'jaeden/Archimonde, he was able to use his cunning to infiltrate the Legion through the dreadlords or some stuff like that, and from there on influenced them from within. Now that N'Zoth is gone, we need a new secretive villain who pulls shit up from behind the scenes.
    I would actually rather him be less of a straight up villain, and more of a self serving entity that we bargain with. It would be nice to not necessarily have to kill them to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nah, she becomes self aware and yells "There is hole in your chest AND I WANT IN"
    Sounds like she needs some Black Mesa Sweet Voice to calm tf down. Ooooo0000000000.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I also think the old man visuals looked better, BUT that was so close to Amanthul... this is maybe better. A visual we did not have really for a big villian or NPC.

And most of it will be atmosphere we get from him. Think of Wotlk. The Lich King always looked a bit off to me. But the way they handled him in the expansion was amazing. Menazing but all present and far away at the same time.

I will wait for actuall gameplay and how he will be involved for judgment

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    So, this is in fact the Jailer.

A lot of us were hoping this wasn't the Jailer and the silhouette we saw in the trailer was a WIP. Sure, it was a silhouette, but the two look pretty different even taking that into account. To me it seems pretty cringey when the official trailer of the expansion contains an incomplete depiction of a character, especially the primary antagonist. I mean, what if others looked different in game as compared to their appearance in their respective expansion's trailer? Illidan in BC, Arthas in Wrath, Deathwing in Cata, all of those characters looked the same in the trailer which is what convinces us of the trailer's importance. The trailer to a work of art is often created after most of the art is finished, that way they are depicting an accurate representation of the art they are advertising. That makes sense, doesn't it? Feel free to share your stance on this issue, but it is ultimately not the purpose of this thread.

The following is heavy speculation. You've been warned!

I don't know about anybody else, but to me the Jailer looks like the offspring of an Orc and Nathrezim. And the Jailer has got to be god-tier powerful, essentially being the Satan of the WoW universe. Is his appearance the form he takes out of choice or is it a natural form he never chose? Given we know they're in league with one another, is it possible that Sire Denathrius was created or transformed by the Jailer to give his Dreadlord-like appearance? It's an interesting concept, considering that Revendreth and the Maw both serve a similar purpose: Containing the souls of evil-doers. Only one is intended to rehabilitate the soul whereas the other is eternal damnation. Furthermore, are the Nathrezim like, living beings that have been corrupted by Denathrius? Or maybe they've always been like that and they were created for the very purpose of the Venthyr having a representation in the material universe. And if the Nathrezim are in fact related to the Denathrius and the Venthyr, then they are also indirectly linked to the Jailer himself. So could the Dreadlords have been under the (perhaps indirect) orders of the Jailer the entire time? The entire time meaning the 40,000k+ years they were connected to the Burning Legion, or perhaps even before the Burning Legion, when the demons were a disorganized threat constantly being contained by the Titans.

The Nathrezim stole the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne, or something along those lines, correct? They were created in Torghast, i.e. by the Jailer's blacksmith, certainly under his orders. That throws a wrench in the works. Why would the Nathrezim steal the creations of their master? Well, I think they "stole" these artifacts under Sire Denathrius' orders, not knowing that the Jailer intended for this to happen so that they would be brought into the universe and used in the way they did. See how Sylvanas breaking the Helm of Domination opened the shattered glass-looking tear between the universe and the Shadowlands? It's as if the Helm of Domination was the only thing keeping the two realms apart. Perhaps the Nathrezim brought the Helm of Domination to the universe, and to Azeroth, so such a link would be created between the two realms. If that's the case, Sargeras was played big time by the Dreadlords and by extension, the Jailer. The LK and the Scourge therefore could have been because of the Jailer's machinations (which raises questions about Maldraxxus as well), then because of that Sylvanas happened, who ended up as the Jailer's champion.

My dudes, this goes deep. Let me know what you think.
    So you think its cringy that he doesn't look anything like the silhouette we saw on the trailer, but yet you're ok with WotLK trailer saying dance studio was a thing? Also, if it weren't for the dataminers, we would still not know who the Jailor was

Well, I imagine him being stripped of hes powers, corrupted and weakened in hes physical form.
    Perhaps the broken engine of death messed up hes looks?

But, seeing the model alone without any real context may also be why it looks weird

Looking at him and what remains of his armor I am quite certain he wore something on his head... a certain Helmet. Just look at that harness on his neck and shoulders, it looks like the Helm of Domination would perfectly fit into it and the style of the armor fits the helmet too, like those blue gemstones.

Otherwise Ion spoke of him belonging to a kind of a mirror Pantheon to the Titans, along with the Arbiter and then there have been these hints of a Titan Homeworld...

I think we will learn that the Titans billions of years ago split up into two Pantheons, the one governing and seeding Life across the cosmos and the one concerned with Death.
    I assume the Jailer is the creator of Undeath itself (which is why "his" Helmet commands them) and this creation disrupted the balance of the cosmos as dead people were never meant to still walk the realm of the living.

All I know that he is not intimidating at all, not after everything else we murderhobo'd.

He looks like something straight from a 90s comic book, with unnecessary blades and chains everywhere. It's not exactly bad, just bland and dull.

I prefer it to bizarro santa to be honest..

Another point i find interesting is that the chain / thing around The Jailer's neck is basically a carbon copy of the Helm of Domination - just look at the aesthetic of it. There's going to be an incredible link here - could it be The Nathrezim are responsible for The Jailers "Imprisonment" and the Helm of Domination was merely a tool to subdue The Jailer and steal his powers to bring in to the mortal realm?

Sylvanas breaking the helm could be the reason The Jailer is going to be a huge problem for us in this expansion: He's got his powers back, and the return of the power from The Helm of Domination is what caused the rift above Icecrown - the power needed to return to it's master in The Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Extremely disappointed.

I'd rather have a mysterious figure
    so you prefer a skinny santa claus over a buffed titanlooking bald head as a main antagonist? luckily blizz sees it differently
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    so you prefer a skinny santa claus over a buffed titanlooking bald head as a main antagonist? luckily blizz sees it differently
    I'd rather not see who he really is until the last possible moment

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    So you think its cringy that he doesn't look anything like the silhouette we saw on the trailer, but yet you're ok with WotLK trailer saying dance studio was a thing? Also, if it weren't for the dataminers, we would still not know who the Jailor was
    No I think the dance studio is cringey as well!

7+ Year Old Account
    He looks more like a prisoner than a Jailer
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    He likely is a prisoner - his role as the Jailer is probably more an extension of his being as opposed to an actual role he performs.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    He likely is a prisoner - his role as the Jailer is probably more an extension of his being as opposed to an actual role he performs.
    Oh god. They actually will replace him with Sylvanas, aren't they
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Oh god. They actually will replace him with Sylvanas, aren't they
    Possibly, but hopefully not. I am a devout member of Team "Sylvanas needs to die" at this point. So obviously my hope is that she snuffs it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He looks like donjon master. His second job is probably fulfilling peoples deep dark fantasies.