Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    snip
    your the one arguing in bad faith, they have 10 quarterly updates so they cant do that in 1 year and they dont just go from patch 3.4-4.0. They stated no dates for the other patches apart from getting 3.0 out in december. Chris even says during the presentation in 2016 around the 1hr14 mark that they will be doing patches every 2-3 months so quarterly updates, it would be hard to do 10 quarterly updates in one year.

Many unique assets will be completed for SQ42 at least most of the vanduul and a number of structures, many planets are not populated by a great deal of things, once the cities of the alien races are complete most assets will be freely available to populated outpost anywhere.

Its alpha there will always be some bug, not even games that have been out for years are perfect and can have game breaking bugs. Ive had no issues in the time i have played 3.9.

there has been no delivery dates for SC since very early development, so its your own fault if you put in thousands and then want out many months later, dont put that sort of money into a game unless your 100%.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-04-30 at 09:34 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    your the one arguing in bad faith, they have 10 quarterly updates so they cant do that in 1 year and they dont just go from patch 3.4-4.0.
    The 10 patches that have been delivered over the last 3.5 years do not even contain 50% of the content that was meant to be delivered within 4 patches over 1 year. How are you claiming that is a good thing?

They stated no dates for the other patches apart from getting 3.0 out in december.
    Rubbish. At the start of 2016 they switched to a monthly patch schedule which quickly fell apart, they made it to April iirc and from then on the patches came every few months. To address this they announced that for 2017 they would be using a 3 monthly schedule instead hence why 3.0 - 4.0 were meant to be delivered in 2017.
    You can easily go and look this stuff up instead of sticking your head in the sand and insisting everyone else is lying about it.

there has been no delivery dates for SC since very early development,
    Rubbish. I literally posted a video that puts paid to this nonsense just 2 posts up the thread. Secondly, perhaps you would like to enlighten people when they announced Squadron 42's beta... no doubt you'll try to argue it's not part of the SC project next...

so its your own fault if you put in thousands and then want out many months later, dont put that sort of money into a game unless your 100%.
    People do carry some of the blame but so does a company painting a picture of what will be delivered soon and then failing to do so. Chiris knew full well 3.0 could not arrive by the end of the year and yet he used that hype to sell the Polaris at $750 a piece. That's bullshit.

You are not willing to discuss this like a normal person, everything is about defending the e-honor of CIG or Star Citizen even if that means lying through your teeth to do so, even it means lying about other people or lying about their motives. And becaise of that I'm done with you. I'm not willing to entertain or enable your fanatical revisionism and whiteknightism any further.

snip.
    They didnt state at all that 4.0 was to be delivered in 2017, they said they were using a quarterly update schedule since the monthly update thing they tried does not work, show me where in the presentation they said any date after they said 3.0 was coming in december. They just showed what they wanted to do in the next patches but never showed a timeline at all. The only date mentioned in the 2016 presentation was the release of 3.0 thats it. Chris even mentioned in the presentation himself about not saying things about dates.

3.0 - 4.0 has 10 patch releases not just 4, the only time they skipped was for the planet tech coming in 3.0, so why just assume they would skip patches again.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-04-30 at 10:04 AM.

They didnt state at all that 4.0 was to be delivered in 2017, they said they were using a quarterly update schedule since the monthly update thing they tried does not work, show me where in the presentation they said any date after they said 3.0 was coming in december. They just showed what they wanted to do in the next patches but never showed a timeline at all. The only date mentioned in the 2016 presentation was the release of 3.0 thats it.
    Holy shit. Are you fucking kidding me? Do I really have to spell this shit out? If it was a 3 monthly schedule with 3.0 coming in December 2016 then

3.1 in March 2017
    3.2 in June 2017
    3.3 in Sept 2017
    4.0 in Dec 2017

End of.

Holy shit. Are you fucking kidding me? Do I really have to spell this shit out? If it was a 3 monthly schedule with 3.0 coming in December 2016 then

3.1 in March 2017
    3.2 in June 2017
    3.3 in Sept 2017
    4.0 in Dec 2017

End of.
    So you just skip out 6 of the other patches because they only mentioned 4 of them, its a fact that they done patches 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9, and not even a mention of those dates for release or even if they would release in 2017. So your just completely wrong.

3.0 was released dec 2017 and was the first patch to start the quarterly update system, you may want to validate your information first before mentioning dates. So if you do the math the 3.9 release actually came only 1 month after it was estimated.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-04-30 at 10:23 AM.

So you just skip out 6 of the other patches because they only mentioned 4 of them, its a fact that they done patches 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9, and not even a mention of those dates for release or even if they would release in 2017. So your just completely wrong.
    My goodness, this is just insane. Absolutely insane

THERE WERE NEVER 10 PATCHES PLANNED FOR THE 3.0 - 4.0 SCHEDULE

Do I need to repeat that? Watch the video for CitizenCon 2016 if you need confirmation, look at the slides if you need even more confirmation, here I will link them because I know how averse you are in looking for anything that might upset your revisionism.

If you took the time to watch the Gamescome video I linked you would have heard Chris explain why they jump to 3.0 nomenclature rather than staying on the 2.x branch. The same was going to apply to the jump from 3.3 up to 4,0 because of moving to multiple systems.

3.0 was released dec 2017 and was the first patch to start the quarterly update system, you may want to validate your information first before mentioning dates. So if you do the math the 3.9 release actually came only 1 month after it was estimated.
    Yes it arrived in December 2017 because IT WAS A YEAR FUCKING LATE...

It's all there if you can be bothered to look. Anyway, that is it. You're on your own from here, I am bored stiff with this.
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-04-30 at 10:27 AM.

snip.
    they never said 3.0 was coming in dec 2016 they said only december so you cant just assume it was coming in 2016 and they never said they would skip out patches either so just face the fact your wrong.

you can see planets within a certain range and see them as your travelling past in QT, what would be the point in instant travel anywhere you want, it then removes a large part of actually being a space game, makes no sense. You can see space stations in orbit also.

Qt is the maximum speed that a ship can travel, what would be the need for jump gates/points if you can go 200 times speed of light, that completely makes jump points irrelevant.
    I'm just saying that if you wanna go the "realism" route and state QT is 0.2c, and don't want to put in the game instant travel or really-fast travel, then just make it realistic and implement QT that lasts not 10-minutes but 10 years. You'll have a realistic game. Because in 10 minutes at 0.2c, you've done 20% of Earth-Sun distance, you didn't change planet, even less you travelled to another solar system, and you probably didn't cross half the universe either.

they never said 3.0 was coming in dec 2016 they said only december so you cant just assume it was coming in 2016 and they never said they would skip out patches either so just face the fact your wrong.
    This is simply not true. In the GamesCom video linked above CR clearly says "It's our big end of the year release, we're going to get it out by the end of the year. Hopefully not on the 19th like last year"

One can only assume you are trolling by claiming otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I'm just saying that if you wanna go the "realism" route and state QT is 0.2c, and don't want to put in the game instant travel or really-fast travel, then just make it realistic and implement QT that lasts not 10-minutes but 10 years. You'll have a realistic game. Because in 10 minutes at 0.2c, you've done 20% of Earth-Sun distance, you didn't change planet, even less you travelled to another solar system, and you probably didn't cross half the universe either.
    QT is up to a maximum of 20% the speed of light depending on your engine, travel between solar systems is through jump points/wormholes so maximum speed a ship can ever go in 20% speed of light. Generally systems are scaled down a fair bit but the systems are still huge. You make no sense whatsoever, your basically just asking to teleport anywhere you want in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    This is simply not true. In the GamesCom video linked above CR clearly says "It's our big end of the year release, we're going to get it out by the end of the year. Hopefully not on the 19th like last year"

One can only assume you are trolling by claiming otherwise.
    where did they say end of 2016, things happen in development to delay stuff but dec 2016 was never said, it was just an assumption that it would release 2016 dec.

QT is up to a maximum of 20% the speed of light depending on your engine, travel between solar systems is through jump points/wormholes so maximum speed a ship can ever go in 20% speed of light. Generally systems are scaled down a fair bit but the systems are still huge. You make no sense whatsoever, your basically just asking to teleport anywhere you want in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

where did they say end of 2016, things happen in development to delay stuff but dec 2016 was never said, it was just an assumption that it would release 2016 dec.
    If you want to make comments like this I am quite happy to report them for trolling. Your choice.

If you want to make comments like this I am quite happy to report them for trolling. Your choice.
    Never once did they say 3.0 was going to be released in dec 2016, the patch may of been delayed but never once did he mention the year 3.0 was going to be released. Chris is careful now not to mention specific dates for anything, it was very unlikely 3.0 was going to be released in dec 2016, a presentation like they have done in the past like that has always been at least 1 year away from the PU.

Never once did they say 3.0 was going to be released in dec 2016, the patch may of been delayed but never once did he mention the year 3.0 was going to be released. Chris is careful now not to mention specific dates for anything, it was very unlikely 3.0 was going to be released in dec 2016, a presentation like they have done in the past like that has always been at least 1 year away from the PU.
    Did you watch the linked video?

CR states "It is our end of the year release, hopefully not the 19th of December like last year"

What else is there to be said?

Did you watch the linked video?

CR states "It is our end of the year release, hopefully not the 19th of December like last year"

What else is there to be said?
    He still didnt say end of 2016 though did he, just as easily could be end of 2017, you just made the assumption that it was going to be 2016 and chris never confirmed it, things can happen in development to push things back, planet tech is a major feature so while it could of been planned to come in dec 2016 it was never actually said it was going to be released then. Thats why they are careful with dates because you then complain when they dont meet them.

He still didnt say end of 2016 though did he, just as easily could be end of 2017, you just made the assumption that it was going to be 2016 and chris never confirmed it, things can happen in development to push things back, planet tech is a major feature so while it could of been planned to come in dec 2016 it was never actually said it was going to be released then. Thats why they are careful with dates because you then complain when they dont meet them.
    And reported for trolling.

It is beyond clear that CR was talking about the end of 2016.

most people acutally enjoy the QT system.
    How can one enjoy that which has no content?

While I'm not going to flat out call if bad, it is very, very boring. Ironically, one could use that time to stretch, grab a snack, take a leak, etc, but now that interdiction is in there, you need to just sit there and twiddle your thumbs, because there's literally nothing to do. But wait, you say, you can walk around your ship. 1) Assuming the ship has an interior to walk around in, some ships do not, and some ships have interiors so small that they are insignificant. 2) and do literally nothing because there is nothing to do in the interiors. 3) and hope you're not interdicted while you're in the ass-end of your non-interactive ship.

QT is so boring that I'm hoping we get Daymar Peggle and Stanton Peggle added to our mobiglass.

So this game has been in alpha for 8 years?

What's the deal?
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    How can one enjoy that which has no content?

While I'm not going to flat out call if bad, it is very, very boring. Ironically, one could use that time to stretch, grab a snack, take a leak, etc, but now that interdiction is in there, you need to just sit there and twiddle your thumbs, because there's literally nothing to do. But wait, you say, you can walk around your ship. 1) Assuming the ship has an interior to walk around in, some ships do not, and some ships have interiors so small that they are insignificant. 2) and do literally nothing because there is nothing to do in the interiors. 3) and hope you're not interdicted while you're in the ass-end of your non-interactive ship.

QT is so boring that I'm hoping we get Daymar Peggle and Stanton Peggle added to our mobiglass.
    There may be evolutions of it still to come but it does what it needs to do, it lets you sit back and relax while you travel, there will be other mechanics such as maint and repair to keep you busy, you can look at the universe around you if you want, i prefer this version to the ED version where you dont even feel like your part of the universe, i would rather the professions have all the complex mechanics to keep jobs interesting, most people will upgrade to a large ship as the first thing you do, small ships have a limited range so they wont do long trips often and a long trip is like 15 mins, you can spend that time look at your horse traveling in BDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post

What's the deal?
    its a large and complex game more so than any traditional MMO, try a free fly event which should be coming around soon to see if its something your interested in.

Mostly what people in this forum do is just complain about it taking too long, when they are not even interested in playing the game.

There is only one chance to do the game right the first time, so its better to do it right and take longer than do it wrong and lose players.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-01 at 12:45 AM.

What's the deal?
    Kickstarter was in late 2012. Chris Roberts didn't have a team back then, was crowdfunding so he could get a team to work on the game. The original vision for the game was very modest (a singleplayer campaign called Squadron 42 and a multiplayer component), could have been built in 2-3, maybe 4 years.

The kickstarter was a massive success. Development does not begin immediately, as Chris is off assembling the team. In the meanwhile, stretch goal after stretch goal is piled on, and the vision expands.

In late 2014, Chris finally had a studio, and development began. By this point, the scope creep was immense, and it had become this incredibly ambition, all encompassing life simulator in space. Bad press begins, as there is a CitizenCon every year and Chris kept putting his foot in his mouth (until CIG wised up and stopped having Chris do that).

December 2015: first public alpha of the MMO side of the game.

The MMO has been slowly updated since then.

There has been development trouble. Assets for the FPS module had to be thrown away and remade from scratch because the company that was contracted to make them made them at the wrong scale. Development had to be shifted to a new engine. The team now has some 500-600 people. I have heard of massive management inefficiency.

Still no singleplayer campaign yet. According to the last roadmap update, half of the proposed levels haven't even been greyboxed. Then again, they stopped updating that roadmap, so who knows. I strongly suspect that development of the singleplayer game has been hamstrung by the MMO, as they want the singleplayer game to use the same systems being developed for the MMO. Also, apparently there are going to be three Squadron 42 games instead of just one. The singleplayer was the main reason why I bought the game and I have no idea what's going on with it.

I've had a ton of fun in the MMO side of the game, but I would only recommend Star Citizen - the MMO - if you like what you see right now. You can get a ton of fun from the game by dropping $45 for the base package. If you don't like what you see right now, don't buy in.

Patch 3.9 entered public testing last week, will be pushed to the live build in a couple weeks. It brings prison gameplay and a new city to visit.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-05-01 at 01:07 AM.

What's the deal?
    The deal is bad management and inability to stick to a concrete plan. Typically, every game has a fixed budget and so a time constraint. CIG is not bound by budget or time which sounds ideal, but it has turned out to be a very bad thing in the hands of CR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    In late 2014, Chris finally had a studio, and development began. By this point, the scope creep was immense, and it had become this incredibly ambition, all encompassing life simulator in space. Bad press begins, as there is a CitizenCon every year and Chris kept putting his foot in his mouth (until CIG wised up and stopped having Chris do that).
    In August 2013 the Hangar module was supplied to backers with various ships and items they could put on display. A feature that was updated with more ships and items on a month to month basis.
    And 9 months later, July 2014 Arena Commander was released.

They had a team and they were working on developing the game from the beginning of 2013, not late 2014. CIG had also contracted out work to numerous studios to make up for a smaller headcount in their own studio.

Their youtube channel sorted from oldest to newest also shows they were pumping out video after video showcasing development or work in the pipeline.

I counted 130 videos for 2013 alone.
    Last edited by masterblaster0; 2020-05-01 at 04:59 AM.