Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is it that makes BM "Broken" atm?

I resubbed after a while and im gonna go MM in Shadowlands cuz of that I started to play it abit right now aswell and basicaly just joked around with a Rapid fire trait spec which for some reason makes me do pretty solid damage since I thought it would suck

BM is the superior spec tho thanks to logs so over the weeks ive gathered some Azerite items with what I thought was Bis traits for BM (Dance of Death etc), yesterday i respeceed BM and tried it all out and my DPS was complete trash compared to my retarded Rapid fire MM spec

What am I missing here? Is there some kind of crit glitch with corruption system like a "MW haste glitch" or glitch with Animal Companion talent that makes BM Broken?

The combination of the right azerite traits with thanks to corruption extremely high values of haste and most importantly crit makes BM scale insanely good. Depending on your spec and azerite pieces the unique corruption on the raid bow also is a huge damage bonus.
    And it not only buffs the direct damage, but the constant reset of barbed shot also removes any ressource and frenzy uptime management.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The combination of the right azerite traits with thanks to corruption extremely high values of haste and most importantly crit makes BM scale insanely good. Depending on your spec and azerite pieces the unique corruption on the raid bow also is a huge damage bonus.
    And it not only buffs the direct damage, but the constant reset of barbed shot also removes any ressource and frenzy uptime management.
    Is it a certain % threshold I need to go over in Crit for it to start working?
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2020-04-30 at 03:39 PM.

I don't know specifically, but here's a link to a page that has a lot more info.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-...-pve-dps-guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Is it a certain % threshold I need to go over in Crit for it to start go out of hand?
    I don't think there is a single number, imho 20% haste and 30% base crit are a good start, obviously depending on what azerite traits (especially minors that buff crit), essences and corruptions (like the crit stacking or void ritual) may proc during the fight.
    The goal in the end is getting three bestial wrath into one lust phase, while again it cannot be simply put into one number I'd say you need about 65% real crit (including all proc etc) to reach that.
    Overall it's rather simple, more is better. To proc barbed shot, to proc dance of death.

Talking about BIS you can alway look up MDI chars (https://mdi.gcd.tv/#), although such a gear is pretty much impossible to gather on live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Is it a certain % threshold I need to go over in Crit for it to start working?
    2200 crit.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Is that 2200 raw or after bonuses?

My Crit stat says 2068 (+28.72%)... I'm pretty optimized. 2200 raw seems pretty difficult to achieve.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Most say BM is stronger than MM at the moment.

Whats your up time on beast cleave & are you keeping frenzy up on 3 stacks consistently? Using things like cobra shot during aoe pulls is a dps decrease, using kill command when more than 4 mobs are up is also a dps decrease.

its not broken, your doing something wrong, since you have not provided a list of essences, corruption, azerite traits, talents you are using and what you are doing rotationally. there is no way to tell what is going wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    its not broken, your doing something wrong, since you have not provided a list of essences, corruption, azerite traits, talents you are using and what you are doing rotationally. there is no way to tell what is going wrong
    ^^This. OP basically asked, "I picked up a couple of pieces of BM gear and played with it for a day and sucked. Why did I suck?" Really? You expect to get an intelligent response with the information you provided? But to give you a response, I'll say that there is nothing "broken" with BM. As with most other classes, the right BM configuration of all the factors stated above, played correctly, will out-perform a similarly configured MM hunter. That's just math for the current specs. I'm sure things will change to some degree with the next xpac.

BM has the easiest rotation that yields above average dps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLioness View Post
    i dont even think thats true, Demon Hunter is the simplest with the current meta

Quote Originally Posted by TheLioness View Post
    LOL... typical. This isn't TBC.

BM probably doesn't even make the top 5, maybe not even the top 10 of easiest rotations.
    Hell, unlike popular believe even MM has an easier rotation.

As for why BM is so strong:
    We scale really good with stats this expansion.
    Just compare BM with most other spec and check how much dps a secondary statpoint gives. BM is WAY up there.
    So with corruption giving a lot of extra secondary stats and gear scaling up in general we're doing solid solid dps.

On top of that we can more easily stack higher corruption as we're hindered much less than some other classes. And having unlimited mobility can at times also be a really good thing (although it's vastly overvalued by some posters; as any good caster / melee can deal with a lot of the movement requirements quite well)
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2020-05-11 at 08:46 PM.

Bm is so strong because the interaction between high crit and Dance of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    Bm is so strong because the interaction between high crit and Dance of Death.
    This.
    The more crit and haste (haste is also very good) you have the easier it is to keep up 3 frenzy stacks and high uptime on Dance of Death.

The better your crit and to an extent haste gets the more smooth and buttery it gets to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    BM probably doesn't even make the top 5, maybe not even the top 10 of easiest rotations.
    The ironic thing about BM right now is that the rotation becomes significantly easier when you are good geared.

I started gearing my BM hunter a month ago and it is now 475 with BiS azerite traits and over 2k crit rating. It just feels like a god. Because I have so much crit and can basically just spam barbed shot on CD. The whole mechanic around barbed shot completely disappears when you have good gear. Also having 3x Primal Instict combined with Vision of Perfection major just feels awesome.

But it's just weird that the rotation for a bad player will be objectively harder than for a good player (assuming the good player has better gear) just based on how Crit alters the barbed shot mechanics :P
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-16 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM is pretty great this expansion. There's a few things I miss about the MoP iteration of the spec, but BFA has given us the best version since then IMO.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The corruption bow was the turning point in making the spec feel buttery smooth to play as the whole managing frenzy stacks and barbed shot timing goes out the window.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    LOL... typical. This isn't TBC.

As for why BM is so strong:
    We scale really good with stats this expansion.
    Just compare BM with most other spec and check how much dps a secondary statpoint gives. BM is WAY up there.
    So with corruption giving a lot of extra secondary stats and gear scaling up in general we're doing solid solid dps.

On top of that we can more easily stack higher corruption as we're hindered much less than some other classes. And having unlimited mobility can at times also be a really good thing (although it's vastly overvalued by some posters; as any good caster / melee can deal with a lot of the movement requirements quite well)
    I kinda don't get the bm is an easy specc meme. Sure with gear the prio system is very easy to do, but especially with average gear it is not that easy to do maximum dps. pet managment/movement also comes into consideration. Sure most people neglect it, but it is theoretically a nice dmg increase, if your pet can do one more meele attack during beast cleave or that you don't get a delay by kill commanding/attacking the wrong target etc.

The thing that makes bm so good is that they scale insanely good with gear. your dmg increase/increased sec. stat is the highest of all classes, I believe.
    Covenants will be a bigger disaster than Azerite Armor. Covenants quadruples the amounts of speccs in the game. 144 specs in the game - a nightmare to balance, if you still want distinctive MeAnInGfUl choices. Only LARPers and LFR heroes support this boring system, that will have no lasting positive impact on casuals, for whom the system is designed, but only negatives for the real players.