Thread: [TV] Westworld

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I've been kind of back and forth on whether Dolores is good or bad. At first with the reveal of the other pearls being copies, and all the cortical fluid she was stockpiling, I thought her plan was to slowly turn everyone into her, I thought she was the big bad. Now, maybe her idea is to destroy all the loops people live in.
    Shes a good example of an anti hero.

You can make arguments for her being good and bad and both can be right
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Shes a good example of an anti hero.

You can make arguments for her being good and bad and both can be right
    You can even make the argument that she's neither since they're all just following their coding.

Anyone catch the meaning of flies in this series

Come to think of it, Robert mentioned many times how they the humans are no different than the hosts, they all follow a code. This leads me to believe that he knew about Serac and his program for some time, and saw his demise, and decided to alter the events, hoping that the hosts might stand a chance against the big ball of predictions.

Sounds too complicated. I mean all these stuff in 3rd season. After 5th episode I still don't understand if I like it no to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Anyone catch the meaning of flies in this series
    Flies represent spontaneous/rebellion/chaos.

Its used in the first season with Dolores as she swats a fly on her neck (hosts are not supposed to be able to harm humans/animals.) so it showed the audience how there was more beneath the surface than just her coding and her arc in the first season showed this.

And in the same way they are using flies for season 3 in showing the people outside of the algorithm such as what I assume was the Brazilian President being told what to do by Serac had a fly buzzing around him as he was discussing not sticking to "the plan" and if he went off course he would be replaced (rather violently too).

Likewise Serac spoke of "Flies in the ointment" such as his brother. People that cannot be predicted because even when you fully understand people they are still capable of random action. So those people are removed or locked up in that building to stop the world ending as their data could not be read/controlled in a way that kept the planet/systems going.

I think the last few episodes are gonna have a prison break out of those unpredictable people and one of them is the Man in the black. Hes gonna save the world baby
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-04-17 at 08:48 PM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Oh yes what an episode!! Blew my mind the " If you can't tell, does it matter? "

Philosophy, consciousness, AI, psychology, this series is just indecently amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    O man...the saddest part of the new episode is that they destroyed a real Jeep for just 1 scene.

Finale next week already? 8 episodes? Jeez... I don't know what to say about this. Kinda messy.

Glad I was wrong about William, but this season seems like the first part of something greater.

I have no idea how they'll wrap up this season, but I like where it's going. I enjoyed the whole Solomon's part, too bad we likely won't "see" it again.
    What do you think Solomon was about to warn Caleb about when he got EMP'd ?

Regarding William well, waiting to see what he'll do, but I somehow hope this will be the focus of Season 4, otherwise they have to complete his story within 1h30 and I feel that'd be a waste...

I also hope we'll see Clementine in the S03 final, and that was not an ephemeric apparition.

(not sure we have to spoil-proof posts, so I'm just putting the tags on what may be spoilery)

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Finale next week already? 8 episodes? Jeez... I don't know what to say about this. Kinda messy.
    Wait what? Theres only 1 episode left? Thats a huge letdown. Ohwell. Time for awesome cliffhanger ending and wait for over a year :P

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I hate when shows rush the ending. The pacing was really good so far but this last episode felt a bit rushed, and with only 1 episode left, I’m not having high hopes for a decent cliff hanger.

I wonder why they chose 8 episodes instead of 10.
    Yeh, these kinds of shows now tend to cut themselves short and end quickly, rather than have long-term quality. They begin very strong, then, like in Game of Thrones, go for a quick end with shock value.

This show has tremendous potential of expanding, countless topics to discuss about consciousness, AI, and it decides to hit the EMP button quick on the series.

Either they fear of dragging it too much, or are forced into cutting it short for $$$.

Rushing the ending? It's obvious they are setting up another season. I highly doubt serac will be killed in the last episode. In fact that episode made me think serac is already dead and is just representation of the AI planning everything

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I hate when shows rush the ending. The pacing was really good so far but this last episode felt a bit rushed, and with only 1 episode left, I’m not having high hopes for a decent cliff hanger.

I wonder why they chose 8 episodes instead of 10.
    How far in advance did they film? A lot of shows had to end their seasons early this year because of the pandemic- I wonder if Westworld got hit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    How far in advance did they film? A lot of shows had to end their seasons early this year because of the pandemic- I wonder if Westworld got hit too.
    Filming finished last summer. This season is somewhat more linear in its plotting so a shorter season isn't unreasonable.

Ended. Good season, still not as good as the first. Not a satisfying ending for sure. I don't see what else they will do with the story now, they could even end it like that.

Well, this wasn't great. It's basically a high-brow TWD now. The first season was grounded with a concrete plot that was revealed very meticulously episode by episode, but now it's just grandiose and abstract. This season just wasn't clever enough to stay serious.

It's still good TV imo, but it's definitely knocked itself down a few pages on the quality list in this golden age of TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a human invention was pretty much just a delay before apocalypse.
    If they do another season its probaly gona be a human vs robot war.

Like the original movie, at least this one doesnt replace reporters with robots lol.

I knew serac was the AI! They kept showing him as a hologram which made me suspicious then they pretty much confirmed it episode 7 when we meet the other super computer talking and they said that the brother made it like himself (mental illness) and then we saw a hologram of serac welcoming the outliners to be put into iso Chambers he said "I wish I was there to meet you" talking in past tense. This season was awesome
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2020-05-05 at 06:50 PM.