Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze View Post
    His point is: selecting mobs and pressing 2-3 keys on your keyboard is boring as fuck, which prevents solo content from being satisfying.
    You also didn't sign up for talent system changes, for sharding, layering, pruning, removal of ability ranks, riding changes etc. Bad argument.
    Anything can get boring after doing it for a while. The Witcher 3 game play was just as boring as WoW after 200+ hours spent in the game. It is all about if you personally feel it is enjoyable or not and not about the system being used.

People also signed up for change even 15 years ago. The full game wasn't even released at Vanilla launch as many systems were added in post release patches. Not to mention Everquest changed things and was the reigning king prior to WoW. The genre of MMORPG 15 years ago was one of change and iteration just as much as it is now. Things just change over 15 years.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze View Post
    His point is: selecting mobs and pressing 2-3 keys on your keyboard is boring as fuck, which prevents solo content from being satisfying.

- - - Updated - - -

You also didn't sign up for talent system changes, for sharding, layering, pruning, removal of ability ranks, riding changes etc. Bad argument.
    1. thats pretty basic combat for any non arpg game and adding the changes doesnt make it any more exciting from my pov because honestly i prefer engaging gameplay over "gotta aim dem spells yo" plus alot of the changes he suggested ARE IN THE GAME

2. those changes dont change the game on a fundamental level as opposed to making it more like an arpg

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Is your opinion on the matter, since Blizzard hasn't actually stated anything in this vein.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, that's merely an opinion, not a "flaw".
    It is the reality of the matter. You can't make content solo content as hard as other high end content without making it unclearable by the majority of classes to challenge those that excel at it.

some solo content in this game was extremely fun.. warlock green fire quest, mage tower etc.

and you said that WoW as a game is limited in that regard. I think if that is actually true then it's a positive, that means the game will remain a multiplayer game, which is how it should be

if anything i would love for it to again focus more on grouping up

you can also make any kind of content better by making class design better. At least to what it used to be back in the days. Back in those days i was enjoying doing literally anything. Just doing random quests was somewhat fun, because classes were fun to play.
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2020-05-01 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It is the reality of the matter. You can't make content solo content as hard as other high end content without making it unclearable by the majority of classes to challenge those that excel at it.
    Except they already said they're going to tune Torghast not only by class, but by spec.

Also, Mage Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except they already said they're going to tune Torghast not only by class, but by spec.

Also, Mage Tower.
    They are going to fail at it if they try for that difficulty and mage tower was a single fight per role and some classes had freebie ones even then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your conclusions about WoW's combat don't even add up. Just because you're on a "timer" doesn't mean that solo content will fail. Those two things are mutually exclusive in the slightest. Besides there has been plenty of solo content in the game that has been very well regarded by the playerbase. Mage Tower, Green Fire quest, and Brawler's Guild come to mind. In fact that's some of the most beloved content in the game.

If Torghast fails it will be because Blizzard failed to balance it or make the enemies and bosses fun. Not because WoW is a tab target MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    But why is that a problem? High end group content isn't designed for everyone. So why does high end solo content need to be? You can still make basic and entry level stuff challenging while ramping it up. 1-mask compared to 5-mask even though a lot don't find 5-mask to be that hard it still is for most.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They are going to fail at it if they try for that difficulty and mage tower was a single fight per role and some classes had freebie ones even then.
    Failing is not the same as not trying. It's also once again just your opinion, particularly because we haven't even gotten to that point yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But why is that a problem? High end group content isn't designed for everyone. So why does high end solo content need to be? You can still make basic and entry level stuff challenging while ramping it up. 1-mask compared to 5-mask even though a lot don't find 5-mask to be that hard it still is for most.
    There isn't anything wrong with it at all. I am just pointing out to those who seem to think this will be anywhere comparable to a mythic raid or a high mythic plus that it won't be that.

Not all content has to be though I think it will still be enjoyable.

Let’s let non raiders make decisions for us!!! It’s your fight not ours

Nvm, I see what is being said now.

I have no issue with tab target system /shrug.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-05-01 at 02:39 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I agree.

WoW was not designed for single player engaging gameplay.

The same way turn-based RPG can't be a character action game, and a third person shooter can't be a side scrolling beat-em-up.
    False causation - just because a thing wasn't designed for a specific doesn't mean it can't perform that task, sometimes even with a high degree proficiency depending on its complexity or flexibility.

Nothing about WoW actually precludes its game systems from hosting or allowing single-player content. I'd agree WoW shines brightest when it comes to multiplayer content, that is what it was made for, but it can do single player content well enough.

Also, Torghast isn't explicitly single player content. It can be done solo, but the developers have already alluded to the fact that it is more fun and engaging as a group dynamic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account

Anyone has any idea how to make "solo-content" in WoW somewhat playable? In new ways Blizzard hasnt thought about after 16 years?
    You mean "challenging solo content" I presume? Because I enjoy the less challening outdoor solo content. Quite a lot actually.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    1. thats pretty basic combat for any non arpg game and adding the changes doesnt make it any more exciting from my pov because honestly i prefer engaging gameplay over "gotta aim dem spells yo" plus alot of the changes he suggested ARE IN THE GAME
    Ugh, I'd probably hate combat if I had to aim more abilities than I do now lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i dont understand literally anything you are trying to say.
    do you want the game to become wildstar with its mechanics?
    you know that games died in less then 5 years right, and no other mmo has done that cause its horrid
    and what does this have to do with single player?
    It is ridiculously naive to think Wildstar died because of it's combat and mechanics, that is part of why it managed to stay afloat considering everything else was broken for the first 1-3 months

For the OP though, I played Wildstar and loved it, I played other action combat games and enjoyed them
    and I play WoW ...when I like the current xpac that is, and I like the tab target combat it has, I would rather it stay as is, and I quite like it even for soloing.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

every game I've ever played I'm a "timer" soon as I agro a mob.. one of us dies.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    *Happily continues to solo Visions, will happily solo Torghast*
    Amen. Thank God for havoc dh. Nothing is impossible.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

But neither was wow designed to be played solo with any kind of "difficulty" attached to solo content.
    All im saying is
    The combat of WoW is SO limiting is impossible to make it worth anything without a timer on top of a timer on top of another timer.

And you claim "action combat games" are a spam of buttons........and what is solo content in WoW? You are incentivized to spam wayyyyyy more in wow solo content.
    1.) I never said action games are a spam of buttons. Either you're projecting or you think I'm someone else.

2.) You totally skipped over my point. You originally tried to compare wow's combat to that of a Souls like game (Immunity windows, dodge/roll, projected attacks), as if WoW and these kinds of games are fundamentally the same minus their combat approach. However, games with those kinds of combat elements are almost always Action games, a totally different kind of game from WoW. Thus they are inherently designed differently, regardless if they are designed for Solo, Co-op, or MMO style.

3.)Every games combat system is limiting in one way or another. You are bound to the framework the game was originally designed with. There would be those that say Souls like games have limited combat systems because all you can do is dodge dodge dodge (parry parry parry if you play Sekiro). For these people, that kind of combat isn't engaging and feels super limited.

Solo-Torghast was best news ever, would you rather have random ques? thats stupid