Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i love it actualy, its content i can just go do, no group finding, very relaxing, it shouldnt be as rewarding as group content like maybe 10-15 ilvls lower than raiding but its nice for alts

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you suck at WoW doesn't mean Blizz needs to change their game to be something you're good at.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im just saying WoW is extremely limited by its design in the world of solo content.

If you think this phrase is false...i really think you are wrong.

But feel free to tell how "unlimited and full of potential" this combat system is for "solo content". Im all ears.
    You do realize that they didn't focus on actual challenging solo content until mage tower legion? That's what? The last expac? This expac they brought out visions and next has torghast. It takes time and they are working on it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The two most popular MMORPGs both use tab-targeting, and stil there are people who try to convince you how bad this system is. Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Tab-Target Combat system is the most limited type of combat on the market
    As long as WoW has a tab target system? Impossible to do anything with it on solo content IMO.

Look how funny it is someone talking about possible new WoW Mechanics:

------
    Some thoughts:

-------

Anyone has any idea how to make "solo-content" in WoW somewhat playable? In new ways Blizzard hasnt thought about after 16 years?
    Still creating useless topics that don't actually say anything, I see.

hur hur look at dis twitch video that says a thing

Tab targeting is fine. If you're not good at it, that's a 'you' issue, not a WoW issue.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-05-01 at 03:08 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrific visions are a timer on top of a timer on top of another timer.
    If you really enjoy timers that much...then good, everything is good.

But dont tell me is not limiting...
    I believe @NabyBro question required a yes or no answer
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    *Happily continues to solo Visions, will happily solo Torghast*
    100% this. OP I don't get your point at all.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    100% this. OP I don't get your point at all.
    The point is very.....fluid.....and changes based on each reply. The goalposts have shifted so far i dont even think we are playing the same sport anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I believe @NabyBro question required a yes or no answer
    OP has said on numerous occasions that she doesnt actually do anything tougher than LFR.

I am very confused by these threads where people complain about the trinity or about that fact that in an R fucking PG, a mob will eventually kill them if they pull it and don't kill it. Is this satire? I don't understand.

WoW is a video game. An MMO-RPG in fact. If you want to pull a mob in a video game and live forever while it ?tickles you or something okay. Roll a blood dk or play a different video game.

Before they kill you as fast as possible, yes.
    Thats what im trying to get at.

The "timer" you are put on as soon as you aggro is really limiting design and WoW cant be more than what it is today with this design.

GreenJesus understood me yay. Thank you GreenJesus
    in what world are you not able to handle 5 mobs and feel stressed when you emerge victorious? ive never thought to myself "oh shit, i need to kill them before they kill me! :O". killing 5 mobs in wow is easier than killing 5 mobs in dark souls because you need to roll all the time but you are bound to get hit by at least 1 since they dont attack at the same time and you only have a few iframes to work with. and you will be doing this because lets be honest, spamming r1 basically makes it a timer of who kills who first

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    in what world are you not able to handle 5 mobs and feel stressed when you emerge victorious? ive never thought to myself "oh shit, i need to kill them before they kill me! :O". killing 5 mobs in wow is easier than killing 5 mobs in dark souls because you need to roll all the time but you are bound to get hit by at least 1 since they dont attack at the same time and you only have a few iframes to work with. and you will be doing this because lets be honest, spamming r1 basically makes it a timer of who kills who first
    imagine a 40 man raid where everyone has to dodge all the time, and not do target combat, how much of a bloody fucking mess that would be of just millions of circles THE ENTIRE FIGHT
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

OPs entire premise is completely bunk, every class has kiting tools.

As long as WoW has a tab target system?
    Well - I don't have any other way of targeting enemies, so not sure why you want to remove that option.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of this post?

Solo content
    has nothing to do with anything you said...if you don't like the gameplay or want action combat go play a game with action combat? Tf, there's many of them that failed entirely to hold an audience with that very same premise you're trying to declare as somehow better for solo content..which the correlation is fucking where honestly? What does tab targetting have to do with anything? like I'm so confused..?

You want more mechanics in solo content, there is, and there will be it evolves as the game evolves. It has nothing to do with targetting. I'm so confused as to why that was said
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2020-05-01 at 04:05 AM.

Not every class has access to this abilities that you pointed out already exist in the game.

But what exactly are you trying to say?
    I think you are trying to say "WoW can simulate action combat if it so desires"

Well...maybe that is true. Ok lets say its true.

WoW can simulate the action combat mechanics. 100%

BUT

Not every class has IFrames
    Not every class has a dash or a roll
    Not every class has kiting potential

After reading your post, yeah maybe WoW can recrete it. BUT it would need to give everyone the simple tools for every class.
    They can recreate it. It probably wouldn't even be that hard since most of the systems are already in place. They choose not to do it because WoW is not that game.

Yeah, i was going to say a Fireball is always going to hit you no matter what after being cast.

But after thinking...yeah, Blizzard can make a fireball miss you (with hit boxes) if it so desires. Among other things.
    That wouldn't be a hitbox thing. A roll would just give temporary invincibility, just like it does in basically every game that relies on a dodge roll, like Guild Wars 2, for example. It's not difficult at all to add invincibility to the first half of the duration of monk roll, for example(or make it slower, travel less distance, and have a different animation to be more convincing as a dodge roll. Still mechanically identical.) How the spell is targeted is irrelevant. The only thing they'd need to solve is making when a spell hits you consistent, which has nothing to do with an actual dodge roll.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    1.) I never said action games are a spam of buttons. Either you're projecting or you think I'm someone else.

2.) You totally skipped over my point. You originally tried to compare wow's combat to that of a Souls like game (Immunity windows, dodge/roll, projected attacks), as if WoW and these kinds of games are fundamentally the same minus their combat approach. However, games with those kinds of combat elements are almost always Action games, a totally different kind of game from WoW. Thus they are inherently designed differently, regardless if they are designed for Solo, Co-op, or MMO style.

3.)Every games combat system is limiting in one way or another. You are bound to the framework the game was originally designed with. There would be those that say Souls like games have limited combat systems because all you can do is dodge dodge dodge (parry parry parry if you play Sekiro). For these people, that kind of combat isn't engaging and feels super limited.
    The gimmick of Souls games, for example, is they're intentionally designed with incredibly stiff and awkward combat and controls. Some people like that, obviously. I don't, so I don't play it. I don't, however, ask for the games to be changed to suit me. I simply don't play them, and that is an idea many people seem to be unable to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Can we have a definition of "fail" here, please?
    "fail" to attract a new and younger audience to re-invigorate the game indefinitely?

The game itself is on a timer because the gameplay stays outdated to keep the handful of entrenched nerds stuck in the game.

the 'timer' part takes a big logical leap imo: even classes without kiting mechanics have access to cc and healing which can be used repeatedly (limited by resources or cooldowns) in combo

so your 'timer' is not exactly a timer, if for example i'm a frost dk (just an example of a class that can't really kite), i can use my runic power either on frost strikes for damage, or on death strikes for healing or even better in a combination of those two, everyone of those decisions can prolong the encounter

the description of combat also seems to forget a huge part of the game- interrupts and cc

are there some specs that might indeed not be so fun in Torgast? well i wouldn't want to be an arms warrior in there i guess... that's all i can come up with

BUT it's going to be balance differently for every spec so it won't really matter

anyways we don't know how good it's going to be but i'd wagger it's going to be better than island expeditions and warfronts, besides Mage Tower was really fun

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Could you give me a new gimmick that hasnt been explored after all this years?
    Yea, I can. An upper body attack that requires your character to sit down to avoid taking damage.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Because Tab-Target Combat system is the most limited type of combat on the market
    As long as WoW has a tab target system? Impossible to do anything with it on solo content IMO.

Look how funny it is someone talking about possible new WoW Mechanics:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousRamsh...ryxDoritosChip

------
    Some thoughts:

-------

Anyone has any idea how to make "solo-content" in WoW somewhat playable? In new ways Blizzard hasnt thought about after 16 years?
    So you admit youre a terrible player. Thanks for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro