I love D.Va's who spray taunt and Bstep.

It's like they think they aren't being hardcarried by their team.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I should have taken this as a sign to stop, but it was the first game and I was foolish in thinking things would improve. They did not and now I've lost most of my three day progress
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/xFoaYVEl.png[img]

I should have taken this as a sign to stop, but it was the first game and I was foolish in thinking things would improve. They did not and now I've lost most of my three day progress
    Good to have you back in the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm beyond convinced that it is not possible to climb in Ranked. The game's system is so fucking trash
    that once it elo hell's you, you're going to be stuck there pretty much forever. Been that way for me ever
    since the 2.0 update.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    So I'm beyond convinced that it is not possible to climb in Ranked. The game's system is so fucking trash
    that once it elo hell's you, you're going to be stuck there pretty much forever. Been that way for me ever
    since the 2.0 update.
    New seasons change everything up a bit, this more than past ones. But play enough games with enough heroes and patterns emerge. Stick to the heroes you consistently win with. You win with them for a reason. Loss streak on a certain hero? Ditch that hero until the next major balance pass. Don't try to force something to work.

I went on a 14 game win streak from plat 5 to plat 2. Then I went up against a diamond 1 and 4 unrankeds who clearly were good. We lost in 8 minutes and I lost 468 LP for it. Nice.

Then a few games with teams who don't camp well and we slowly lose + a game or two where I just didnt play well. Once I get 3losses in a row I just go play something else. Trying not to lose all my progress lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    New seasons change everything up a bit, this more than past ones. But play enough games with enough heroes and patterns emerge. Stick to the heroes you consistently win with. You win with them for a reason. Loss streak on a certain hero? Ditch that hero until the next major balance pass. Don't try to force something to work.
    If only it were that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    If only it were that simple.
    I always spend the first few weeks to a month of a new season floundering. Then I make a list of the Heroes I actually win with and try to stick to that as much as possible.

So I played a game today where Imperus was able to just spam his angelic armaments. Basically killed us 1v5 spamming the swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    So I played a game today where Imperus was able to just spam his angelic armaments. Basically killed us 1v5 spamming the swords.
    It's a bug that was discovered last night. Hopefully blizzard puts out a hot fix quickly.

I was doing a brawl with my friend and one of our teammates started fanboying because we were facing a streamer. Fanhots or something like that. We won and my friend sent him a message "sorry to beat you in front of your viewers" to trash talk him. The guy handled it so well on stream my friend felt bad. I think the teammate that was fanboying donated to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing a few QM's under the random hero option for the sake of getting better setups, but is it me or does this thing not properly work?

I sends me in as support with another support already there but no tank and odd setups like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Been playing a few QM's under the random hero option for the sake of getting better setups, but is it me or does this thing not properly work?

I sends me in as support with another support already there but no tank and odd setups like that.
    They had to nix that feature because upper manglement decided to cut down the team. The player population absolutely tanked afterwards, driving queue times insane. I think the feature was live for a week or so?

10+ Year Old Account
    They had to nix that feature because upper manglement decided to cut down the team. The player population absolutely tanked afterwards, driving queue times insane. I think the feature was live for a week or so?
    Not sure we are talking about the same thing? for further clarification i am talking about the random hero select feature in QM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Not sure we are talking about the same thing? for further clarification i am talking about the random hero select feature in QM.
    I know. It still uses the old system of "mostly random, but not really". It was tied into the balanced comp for QM feature that they had to take out again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know. It still uses the old system of "mostly random, but not really". It was tied into the balanced comp for QM feature that they had to take out again.
    Oh okay, shame guess that explains all the weird combo's i am getting.

I've had completely disproportionate amount of losses all season, I've now dropped from plat 4 down to gold 5 and probably silver soon... normally I float between gold 1 - plat 3. I just don't understand what the fuck is happening here, how is it even possible to lose this much, I have negative winrate between 20-30%. Absolutely ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    I've had completely disproportionate amount of losses all season, I've now dropped from plat 4 down to gold 5 and probably silver soon... normally I float between gold 1 - plat 3. I just don't understand what the fuck is happening here, how is it even possible to lose this much, I have negative winrate between 20-30%. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Because you are not in control, everyone knows the matchmaking system is corrupt.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just had a game where our team had a Mei who kept making great plays, a Stiches who kept making great plays, and a D.Va who kept making great plays. However as none of them actually dealt any damage we got rekt.

Maybe it's come to the point now where Blizz need to have a look tweaking the MM to prevent teams being overloaded with hero's who have great utility but can't really kill anything...

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Just had a game where our team had a Mei who kept making great plays, a Stiches who kept making great plays, and a D.Va who kept making great plays. However as none of them actually dealt any damage we got rekt.

Maybe it's come to the point now where Blizz need to have a look tweaking the MM to prevent teams being overloaded with hero's who have great utility but can't really kill anything...
    They did. And then had to revert it less than two weeks later after The Incident and the subsequent extreme drop in player numbers.