Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Preferable to Lor'themar "Baine is the best the Horde has to offer" Theron.
    That did sting to me. I actually liked Bob until he came with that Baine shilling...

And no, Kael is dead and, as much as I like him (my main has always been BE mage as a homage) he should stay dead. If you want to give BEs a more permanent leadership, develop the already existing characters: Aethas, Rommath, Liadrin, etc. so you can reinstate the Convocation, which was Silvermoon's traditional ruling body.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Lor'themar hasn't been cool since his casual racism toward Kalecgos in his first ever appearance in the Sunwell Trilogy manga when he and the other elves are snickering derisively and mocking Kalec, thinking he's a half-breed, but then apologizing and calling Tyrigosa "great one" like dragons are worshipped religiously by elves. Some widely-accepted prejudice and religious fervor add flavor to the lore.

Kael'thas has alot more character and is more complex then Lor'themar.
    So i agree would make the story of the blood elves more interesting with Kael'thas in charge and since we are now only left with goodie goodie characters in the Horde we might fall soon in the boring storylines as the Alliance.

I hope not. Kaelthas already got ratfucked on TBC and if his return actually turns out to be good I don't want him to get ratfucked again by being relegated to a side character

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Kael'thas has alot more character and is more complex then Lor'themar.
    So i agree would make the story of the blood elves more interesting with Kael'thas in charge and since we are now only left with goodie goodie characters in the Horde we might fall soon in the boring storylines as the Alliance.
    Maybe with him as a leader, blood elves will stop following the light so fanatically. Maybe they will return to researching magic without fear.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Kaelthas didnt do anything good as a leader of his people so no, keep that mofo away from leading belves.

Why on earth would the Blood Elves want a self-styled bitch-lord who's died more times than the Gladiators TV show, to lead them?

In terms of progression as Blood Elves as a race, surely that would be a massive set back.
    Last edited by Heavens Night; 2020-05-02 at 01:53 PM.

Holy necro thread Batman!

I guess this thread has more meaning now with Kael'thas in Shadowlands.

All Hail, the BLOOD KING, KAEL'THAS SUNSTRIDER!

There will be blood.

And he can bring the Venthyr into the Horde as an Allied Race after re-claiming Silvermoon. Lor'themar can die in glorious battle by falling off a spire and being spiked in his good eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Why on earth would the Blood Elves wants a self-styled bitch-lord who's died more times than the Gladiators TV show, to lead them?

In terms of progression as Blood Elves as a race, surely that would be a massive set back.
    Beats the hell out of Legolas Theron.

Yeah, the Blood Elves need a real ruler who will put their interest first and bring back the arcane to the most magical kingdom on Azeroth.

Sissy lala wimps like Lor'themar, Liadrin and other weaklings should bow down and eat shit.

The Sun King must return!

7+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps a redeemed Kael'thas as leader of not just the Venthyr but also the High Elves, both as Alliance allied races with the ruins of Silvermoon rebuilt as their capital?

Lor'themar could just go and sit in a corner and cry

In before he returns to lead the Blood Elves and serves as a foil to the Kumbayah characters of the Horde by being pragmatic, getting more and more influence then being deposed 2 addons later when the Horde stands at the next crossroads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

It really depends on what order the two models appear in, the chained up BDSM Kael and the robed up Kael. Just as long as it isn't OP's terrible fanfic I'm willing to put some faith in Blizzard's writing ability.

I'm torn because I don't want that evil psycho who sold out his entire race to the Burning Legion to ever be allowed to rejoin the blood elves, even as a slave in the leper gnome tailoring basement. But I also definitely don't want him to come back just to go "that setbacked setback was merely a setback!" and die as a dungeon boss.

In fact I've decided on the best course of action: The belves meet Kael'thas, greeting him with a Wrathion-styled punch to the jaw, but ultimately reconcile and Kael'thas gives Lor'themar his blessing to become the new Sun King (I was expecting that to be the justification for his fancy new model but better late than never). They wish him good luck on his continued BDSM repentance and exit stage left.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-05-02 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Yeah, the Blood Elves need a real ruler who will put their interest first and bring back the arcane to the most magical kingdom on Azeroth.
    This especially. With the Nightborne added as an allied race, Blizzard are acting like the Horde has finally got a magical ally. It's really stunk to watch the almighty 35-year old human masters of magic constantly trounce the longer-lived elves who've had way more time as individuals to master it and grow strong. We've got Rhonin, Jaina, and Khadgar demonstrating insane Dragonball Z magical talent, while Rommath has only really thrown fireballs and used Ice Block, and Aethas has used Flamestrike in Siege of Orgrimmar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    In before he returns to lead the Blood Elves and serves as a foil to the Kumbayah characters of the Horde by being pragmatic, getting more and more influence then being deposed 2 addons later when the Horde stands at the next crossroads
    Woah that's a really original idea! Careful Blizzard doesn't steal it!

He couldn't manage to beat us even after being resurrected with fel. Why the hell would anyone follow that loser.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of him coming back, but i find the idea of him being the new king of Silvermoon weird, unless he does something big enough to gain the title, though i could see him taking the mantle of the king of the Sanlayn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Holy necro thread Batman!

I guess this thread has more meaning now with Kael'thas in Shadowlands.

All Hail, the BLOOD KING, KAEL'THAS SUNSTRIDER!

There will be blood.

And he can bring the Venthyr into the Horde as an Allied Race after re-claiming Silvermoon. Lor'themar can die in glorious battle by falling off a spire and being spiked in his good eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Beats the hell out of Legolas Theron.
    Lor'themar be like:

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post

Woah that's a really original idea! Careful Blizzard doesn't steal it!
    Third time's the charm, right? RIGHT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    He couldn't manage to beat us even after being resurrected with fel. Why the hell would anyone follow that loser.
    That's the fate of all characters who become bosses.

Kael'thas does not deserve to lead after what he has done, he was more than willing to feed most of his people to the legion at the end, if he ever makes a return he has no place in leadership, rather be used as a grunt on the battlefield to fight for his people.

Do not you think that the return of characters from the Shadowlands back to Azeroth just devalues their death?