Poll: What should be the final Allied Race or Set?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    *Starts squawking in Arakkoa

Id have high and low Arakkoa instead of genders. Preferably neutral but they certainly make more sense for allaince.

Assuming Nozdormu is there for high elfs no, if his there for dragons, I'd rather that was a class.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-05-01 at 07:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Satyr
    Naga
    Ogres

Edit: Vrykul
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2020-05-01 at 07:49 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Which ever faction gets Vrykul is the one I main.
    you and me both brother Vrykul ftw

Pandaren allied race = Tuskarr

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How exactly would Kyrian and Venthyr work as Allied Races? They can’t leave the Shadowlands so yeah that option is a moot point. As for any future Allied races well at the present I don’t even think we need any. The entire point of AR’s was to boost our factions standing forces for BfA. Now that’s over and done with, we would need a reason to go searching for more. Most of those suggestions make sense but they should add them as just Races, not Allied races

Centaurs and Naga. Trolls and Tauren already don't wear shoes, so screw it.

My opinion (sorry in advance for my bad English)
    Actually, all allied race have some connection with a core race. But we’ve seen different kind of connections:
    - Some races shares skeletons, the race itself and the cultural background (Tauren/Highmountain; Draenei/Lightforged)
    - Some races have cultural connections but different skeletons (Darkspear/Zandalari; Humans/Kultirians)
    - In only one case we have no cultural connections and only the same skeleton (Goblin/Vulpera)
    All allied races have a reputation to farm as prerequisite to unlock it
    So, from my point of view, three last hypothetical allied races should have one of this relations with the remaining core races (Worgens/Human, Forsaken and Pandas). So it would be perfect to get:
    - Undead elves as Forsaken counterpart (different skeletons, but same culture). Velonara could be their racial leader
    - Rajani as Pandaren counterpart (also in this case, different skeletons, same culture). And we also have a recent reputation to farm with them
    - Something related to Worgens (really no idea in this case, Nightelf Worgens?)

I would be glad to play as Ogre/Mok’Nathal or Vrykul one day, but I don’t see them as Allied Races. They fit more as new core races.
    Covenant races honestly don’t inspire me, moreover they’re dead so it would be really weird to see them as adventurers around Azeroth
    Last edited by Nowhere886; 2020-05-01 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Saberon and Botani because that seemed like a clue during the Mag'har unlock that hasn't gone anywhere yet.
    Gotta agree on this one. If they want to go the route of more model-sharing across factions, then Saberon for Horde would be a good alternate to Worgen (plus that gives us cats vs dogs) and Botani on Alliance would give them access to the Zandalari skeleton plus offer up a potential kindred force to bolster the Night Elves after their recent losses. The teaser that each one made it over to Azeroth after that scenario definitely left the path open for them to sneak off & bolster their numbers. Both races seem like great candidates to reproduce swiftly to "bloom" their numbers & both also dodge the shadowrealm lore complications as an AR since they're fully corporeal. It feels like they didn't want to waste them & found a way to try seeding them in for later, imo.

In lieu of those (or in addition, ideally), Naga & Sethrak would add some sorely-needed serpentine flair to both sides.

Races I'd want to see most to least (at the moment):

Sethrak
    Saberon, Arakkoa
    Drakonid
    Naga
    Jinyu, Hozen
    Venthyr, Faun, Kyrian

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa. Not the high, non-corrupted kin - the flightless Arakkoa.

And Ogres.

god fucking damn it, almost 13 years waiting for them

10+ Year Old Account
    The races of shadowlands joining either faction is ridiculous because their are neither mortal or have any connection to either side.

Plus you need to pay attention to how the allied races were chosen or made up, they either had to have some connection or similarity to existing races (mag'har, highmountain, zandalari, kul tiran, dark iron, nightbourne, void elves, mechagnomes, light forged), or share a similar model (vulpera).

This means the only logical choices left will be races that share a kind of connection to the races not yet given a counterpart, that being worgen, forsaken and pandaren.

So for the counterpart to pandaren you have Tortollan and Tuskar.

For worgen you could have those cat guys from wod or lizard guys from mists, although they are pretty stupid races intelligence wise.

That leaves forsaken counterpart, which there isn't really any good alternatives. I'd go for vrykul since they have that obsession with death, but otherwise the forsaken need a counterpart.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2020-05-01 at 09:21 PM.
    #boycottchina

where is the Jinzu option ?

Kyrian (A) & Venthyr (H) would be my vote, but in reality, we have enough races as is. I doubt Kyrian and Venthyr can exist outside of the Shadowlands anyway. The other choices in the poll are not good options at all as well, since we never worked/earned their trust like we did with the races in BfA. So all in all, my real vote is NO MORE RACES, as well as no more classes/specs, we have plenty to choose from. I said the classes/specs because people want all classes to get caught up to druids with 4 specs and some classes get a tank spec (shaman) and other specs gain a healer spec (mages), with 36 specs there is already enough for Blizzard to keep "balanced" if you want more than that, go play other games that have your fetish specs (tinkerer, necromancer, timewarp healer, whatever)

I mean, any of the ones listed. Variety/spice/life.

Metzen really wanted naga to be a playable race back when vanilla was being developed, and he talked about them being a possibility in Burning Crusade. They were supposedly considered again for Cataclysm, alongside other races like ogres and something draconic. They've been my favorite race since Frozen Throne, so I'd love to play as one in WoW.

Sure, they lack legs, but it's not like the animation team isn't creative enough to make it work. Displaying gear isn't a problem, and naga models can already show every piece of armor as it is except helmets and boots. Just finish their animations, and give them a ton of awesome fin, tentacle, and gorgon customization options and I'd be ecstatic!

I wouldn't care who they join, or what the other side gets in turn, I just want to play a naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    That leaves forsaken counterpart, which there isn't really any good alternatives. I'd go for vrykul since they have that obsession with death, but otherwise the forsaken need a counterpart.

Undead elves, man. Only a few of them followed Sylvanas. The majority remained in Orgrimmar. After killing N’Zoth, if you go on Orgrimmar you’ll find Velonara telling you that they don’t serve anymore Sylvanas but the Horde and the Forsaken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere886 View Post
    Undead elves, man. Only a few of them followed Sylvanas. The majority remained in Orgrimmar. After killing N’Zoth, if you go on Orgrimmar you’ll find Velonara telling you that they don’t serve anymore Sylvanas but the Horde and the Forsaken
    Uh, no, got enough elves between the factions now -_-
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Uh, no, got enough elves between the factions now -_-
    They are never enough ������