Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think leveling your character is pretty pointless these days but maybe they could offer some other type of progression for going through the zones.

For example in Legion we could've leveled up our artifact weapon instead of our character

yes, just rising up talents and abilities

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I don't really think it offers much to the game anymore. Now I know that is subjective but would wow really be all that different if everyone started off the same level and simply gained whatever the next infinite currency is for completing quests?

Leveling doesn't really have any difficulty tied to it anymore and it seems like its just a grind and a way to sell boosts now.
    God no that sounds Awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    games?plenty lol,there are also mmo's that dont have traditional leveling systems,but they do have some kind of progression
    Name some that are successful. Especially in the West.

I don't really think it offers much to the game anymore.
    Well - if levelling is going to be removed, maybe we should remove raiding - after all raiding is only done by around 15% of people and is repetitive content anyway.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Better question is: should you remove WoW?

Answer is: Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would much change with the current game? Removed might of been to strong of a word... if the option to simply start level cap exists for every character would it change the game?
    Yes it would...what would be the point of quests? You want the whole world to just be world quests? It would also contribute to those people who bull rush through everything then complain when there is nothing else to do...

If wow were to remove leveling, or more to the point, the extensive questing phase at the beginning of the expansion, then it might as well just be a lobby based game. It would kinda stop being an mmorpg entirely at that point.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Hell no, that would ruin the rpg part of the MMORPG

in beginning part of the game, no. it helps to give you a sense of growth and gives you time to learn your abilities. would be far too overwhelming for any kind of new player if there wasnt alot of cushion in the opening levels.

that being said.
    I think leveling between expansions is dumb. we should have a max level and everything else can be a different form of progression besides new character levels.

it kind of feels like that is something blizzard would like to do. since they've pretty much always gone with the "endgame is all that matters" approach.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Remove? No. Make optional? Definitely.
    It's clearly something some people enjoy and others loathe. And as long as group b has to do it we can never make it interesting for group a because "no, make it faster, easier and dumber, I hate it, i don't want to spent any time doing it".
    And attach some sort of reward to it obviously. One that isn't too mandatory (TM)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Leveling is but a requirement to own a capped character. With more and more things revolving around per character daily/weekly lockout, owning more characters gives you more and more advantage. You could argue that the game is about leveling like it has never been before. No, it shouldn't be removed. It's one of the things that matter the most these days.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Why should WoW remove the ONE thing that makes this game fun to play?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    it kind of feels like that is something blizzard would like to do. since they've pretty much always gone with the "endgame is all that matters" approach.
    haha yeah but they aren't gonna do it because it's a stupid fucking idea

Leveling each expansion functions as a hard reset for everyone.
    Also i am really looking forward to it every time. Endgame is my goal. But the 2 weeks of Chaos at the start is just amazing. i LOVE it.

I am really not sure if i would come back if the removed it.

Leveling exists to ease players into the game. There are other ways of doing that, and there are MMORPGs out there without levels.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Leveling each expansion functions as a hard reset for everyone.
    Also i am really looking forward to it every time. Endgame is my goal. But the 2 weeks of Chaos at the start is just amazing. i LOVE it.

I am really not sure if i would come back if the removed it.
    they will never remove levelling

You could remove leveling, PvP, and the game world. Just have a town with portals to raid and dungeon instances. Everyone has their own instance of town so they never see other players except in raids. Remove all stats except a generic "power" stat. Prune most of the abilities so that every class just has like 5 or 6 and implement full controller support. Release WoW on consoles and allow us to play WoW on our phones.

I think that would take care of everything.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You could remove leveling, PvP, and the game world. Just have a town with portals to raid and dungeon instances. Everyone has their own instance of town so they never see other players except in raids. Remove all stats except a generic "power" stat. Prune most of the abilities so that every class just has like 5 or 6 and implement full controller support. Release WoW on consoles and allow us to play WoW on our phones.

I think that would take care of everything.
    Sometimes it feels as if people actually ask for that^^

Would much change with the current game? Removed might of been to strong of a word... if the option to simply start level cap exists for every character would it change the game?
    Yea it would, we'd have a ton of shitters trolling at max level on toons they don't care about and would simply delete after trolling keys or raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.