15+ Year Old Account
    What's going on in Sweden, in video format:

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You are aware that while i understand the disgust of fascism to focus this heavily on that "both sides" argument for or against you in turn are contributing to that polarization? Being consumed by this does nothing for you personally and makes you rather irrational for political foe and ally alike.
    If you care about political polarization so much, maybe you should just agree with us? Not doing so is just contributing to the problem
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Sorry, I will not be taking the coronavirus vaccine.
    So you're one of those people huh ?

Care to explain why ?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-bca043020.php

Well this looks fun, and pretty much reinforces that there is a severe clotting issue caused by the disease. It could explain why asthma isn't that affected compared to hypertension and diabetes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Lots of people are overweight, and have hypertension - especially among the elderly (and also slightly more men).
    The CDC state that more than half have hypertension in the US.

However, we don't know if everyone with hypertension actually are labelled as having hypertension in the study; and whether it was the same hypertension threshold.
    (How did they do it? Testing for hypertension while patients were in ICU? Relying on medical records that may be inaccurate?)
    Disproportional to hypertension and overweight/obesity makes sense though with the amount of reports to do with clots.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    looking at some of these 'protests' america is in for some covid fun in about 3 weeks time.
    Agreed, but try telling that to all the idiots that are still choosing to be willfully ignorant on just how dire our situation is.

On April 30th and right here in Texas, we had our largest 1 day increase in COVID-19 infections at 1.5k.

On May 1st, our Governor allowed a partial reopening of some non-essential businesses and services.

Many of my fellow Texans still think "the cure is worse than the disease" and that the shutdown is just a ploy to hurt the economy so it makes Trump look bad. Come again? Why in the fuck would I want to destroy my own way of life, just to hurt some mouth breathing moron? Where is the fucking logic? I swear, these motherfuckers cannot think for themselves. I only try this hard because, as much as some of my people are currently pissing me off, I still love this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What's going on in Sweden, in video format:
    IF true, this is pretty insane. This is Nazi level of thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I think you had COV-19.
    Sars-cov-2 wasn't a thing yet, this was in last October/November, so, its impossible to have been Covid-19. Most likely any sort of other coronavirus. But i still say that thing wasn't the flu at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    If you care about political polarization so much, maybe you should just agree with us? Not doing so is just contributing to the problem
    Rather odd comment to make considering i was talking about the political landscape and this leading to inaction and more problems, how this would effect me personally to the point i would care about this is a bit beyond me but okay.

I also was not aware that compromise would require one to completely forsake their opinion, again odd that you are making this about me but okay. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    So you're one of those people huh ?
    I'm not African-American.

Care to explain why ?
    You already know.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-05-02 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Disproportional to hypertension and overweight/obesity makes sense though with the amount of reports to do with clots.
    It would make sense - but the study didn't really find a disproportional amount of them, compared to the rest of the elderly population.

It may be that it is less of a risk than previously thought, or it may be that more covid-19 patients have those factors - but it wasn't diagnosed before, or it may be that they mean that 53% of covid-19 cases have severe hypertension when half of the population has any form of hypertension.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would make sense - but the study didn't really find a disproportional amount of them, compared to the rest of the elderly population.

It may be that it is less of a risk than previously thought, or it may be that more covid-19 patients have those factors - but it wasn't diagnosed before, or it may be that they mean that 53% of covid-19 cases have severe hypertension when half of the population has any form of hypertension.
    Since the numbers are from New York, the percentage overall for NY among adults is lower than national average.
    https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics...ifa_report.pdf
    It's not perfect by any means due to basically being self reported.
    If using this, a 2017 data set compared to 2016.
    https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm
    Assuming a tacked on 20% due to under reporting (their 1 in 5 do not know), it'd be 29.16 to 32.64 range, no where close to 53%.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Since the numbers are from New York, the percentage overall for NY among adults is lower than national average.
    https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics...ifa_report.pdf
    It's not perfect by any means due to basically being self reported.
    If people in New York were that much healthier one would need to figure out why, otherwise it's likely a much more severe underreporting.
    The other explanation would be different demographics - but NY is not that demographically different.

Obviously if the same medical records that underreports hypertension are used for the covid-19 deaths it is still significant; but then we are even more uncertain what the true risks are.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people in New York were that much healthier one would need to figure out why, otherwise it's likely a much more severe underreporting.
    The other explanation would be different demographics - but NY is not that demographically different.

Obviously if the same medical records that underreports hypertension are used for the covid-19 deaths it is still significant; but then we are even more uncertain what the true risks are.
    Think as more info comes out about how this virus works then they can more pinpoint what could be a bigger risk factor. Finding out that it causes abnormal amounts of clot would probably just be one piece of a giant puzzle mess. So hopefully we'll see more info soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    My vote, in the US, is to double down on political polarization. It's a war either way. The idea of a President convincing people to drink bleach as an anti-virus remedy is not acceptable. The meat packing plants work until you drop even if you have virus symptoms is not acceptable. And the idea of armed white terrorists roaming around the country at will is most definitely not acceptable. At this point, I am 100% in favor of democrats fighting back hard and maximizing political polarization. It has to be done.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Now compare the measures taken in the US against these diseases to the extraordinary ones being taken now, as well as the vastly improved medical knowledge, logistics and communication capabilities we have today. Consider also the fact that COVID might very well not be even close to done yet.

There's no reason to try and even slightly downplay this shit. The virus is to be taken seriously, end of.
    I take it very serously. And what part of my first statement did you not understand...." While the COV-19 virus is to be taken serous and is not done yet with it's dirty work"......?

My point is, it is not the worse this country has faced in terms of a pandemic and there is no reason why some parts of the country can start to reopen. And yes, this flu will not be the last one to hit us and we have learned some important things about how to combat the next wave.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, i can't believe this mess, my country is over-reporting cases. They corrected the numbers today, and the result is less 200 cases then yeastherday. So, we won't know how many new cases we had today, because the official report doesn't despict that information .

EDIT:
    Computer bug, lol, my bad .
    Last edited by Tuor; 2020-05-02 at 01:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I take it very serously. And what part of my first statement did you not understand...." While the COV-19 virus is to be taken serous and is not done yet with it's dirty work"......?

My point is, it is not the worse this country has faced in terms of a pandemic and there is no reason why some parts of the country can start to reopen. And yes, this flu will not be the last one to hit us and we have learned some important things about how to combat the next wave.
    At the start of the pandemic, it is not the worst pandemic. Very smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're currently in process of slowly reopening the country.

There is a massive tug of war between various ministries and government bodies. Everyone wants to open shit up, but it's done super slowly and selectively, sometimes we get some news that X will be open next week, only for that to be canceled and instead having Y open next week.

They wanted to open elementary schools and kindergartens next week, but after all kindergartens will remain closed and it's unclear about elementary schools - whether it will be partial or only some areas and so on and so forth. They did reopen IKEA though... very important apparently, totally nothing to do with alleged ties between Minister of Health and the place owner

Overall May will see some return to normalcy, my workplace offices will open up either next week or week after and we are going to do 50/50 there, blue team and red team, each coming to work half a week and working from home another half.

Right now, we seem to have things under control, so obviously things need to open, because this is not sustainable really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If you walk into a government building openly carrying a rifle, covering your face and not displaying a badge showing you are law enforcement official you should be shot dead the moment you step into the building. Full stop. There is no other acceptable course of action. None.
    I refuse to believe you're American.
    You're certainly not thinking things through if you think adding to the death toll and escalating social unrest is an "acceptable" course of action in a region where the governor is already having a problem keeping control of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We're currently in process of slowly reopening the country.

There is a massive tug of war between various ministries and government bodies. Everyone wants to open shit up, but it's done super slowly and selectively, sometimes we get some news that X will be open next week, only for that to be canceled and instead having Y open next week.

They wanted to open elementary schools and kindergartens next week, but after all kindergartens will remain closed and it's unclear about elementary schools - whether it will be partial or only some areas and so on and so forth. They did reopen IKEA though... very important apparently, totally nothing to do with alleged ties between Minister of Health and the place owner

Overall May will see some return to normalcy, my workplace offices will open up either next week or week after and we are going to do 50/50 there, blue team and red team, each coming to work half a week and working from home another half.

Right now, we seem to have things under control, so obviously things need to open, because this is not sustainable really.
    Opening schools is the worst thing any country can do until a vaccine or treatment is available any parent will tell you they are like cruise ships on steroids once you open them cases will explode.