Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Since when Blizzard started to listen feedback?
    What if they plan on listening to feedback but since they didnt in the past people just dont bother dont be so narrow minded stuff change.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Okay, well, we're still in Alpha and it could change. We haven't seen all the abilities yet, so don't pass judgement just yet.
    OH NO NO NO NO NO.
    I hope you didn't say that to any shamans during BFA.

More seriously though this thread actually gives me the opportunity to ask a question about Slaughter. Seeing as how it deals shadow damage, isn't taking this always a dps loss for muti because it isn't amped by toxicblade/shiv?

On a classfantasyTM level I reject all of these as well.

I just want to play a Rogue man. I don't want these bells and whistles to juice it up I just want to play a regular Rogue again.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    A guy came to discuss the abilities(I know, maybe he wasn't that much very specific, but still) and 90% of the comments are:
    -fuck you, go play other game then

OP:
    It'd have been easier if you post the abilites here.
    1. The thot is well known for complaining about literally fucking everything for 6 years to some of the most just nonsense. So people are sick of it and "if you have done nothing but complain for 6 years, the game is not for you, quit."
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-it-quot/page9

2. He didn't offer any constructive critisim, just combined and cried. What is the difference?
    A.explaining the problem thoroughly, explain what is wrong, why and how it is bad. me doing so like an adult, and not just making. Hit piece on "game shit. Shit suck."
    B. Offering alternatives, and comprismises. "I don't like this, I rather see this. Or something like this but maybe change that in its places this will make it much more fun As by changing it you also get this to do"

Thot has literally never done constructive critisim, and just does nothing but complain about the most assinign bs for 6 years. He's been complaining about wow almost as long as Chris metzens daughter was old when he made an entire thread calling metzen for being a bad parent for letting her play wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    OH NO NO NO NO NO.

More seriously though this thread actually gives me the opportunity to ask a question about Slaughter. Seeing as how it deals shadow damage, isn't taking this always a dps loss for muti because it isn't amped by toxicblade/shiv?
    They were changed in alpha, quite a bit actually, the issue was those changes were not what people wanted, and were not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Since when Blizzard started to listen feedback?
    Every single patch my dude. Just because they don't listen to your feedback does not mean they don't listen to any feedback.

No more RNG on gear in shadowlands? Yeah no totally didn't listen to feedback
    Literally said if they can't balance covenents, they will basically scrap them? Yeah nope not listening to feedback.
    Returning class sets in shadowlands? Nope no feedback listening here.
    Returning spells to classes? Nope never listen to feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Sometimes you might be fighting more than one enemy tho.

This will be amazing in mythic+
    Yeah I'm pretty sure 6 years of just constant complaining, thot dissent even play the game anymore...
    Cause like, how do you think that the entire game you only ever fight 1 enemy at a time...
    Torghast
    PvP (RBG, arena not so much, maybe pets though...)
    M+
    World content (I feel like thot is the kinda person who for all their years playing is still so bad that in world content they can only handle pulling 1 mob at a time. Any more and they die)
    Raiding (like 80% of bosses in the game has SOME sort of add.)

Here's your constructive criticism. These abilities do not fit my Rogue.

I would rather have something like

Ravenholdt Covenant

Covenant Ability: GOUGE

In other words, something that enhances the core fantasy of the Rogue class instead of another expansion of layered systems that dilute and pollute what we love about the core class.

FWIW I also hated Artifacts, Azerite, Corruption, etc. Just want playing my class to be fun again at a fundamental level.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

The Maldraxxus one sounds pretty cool. You jam spikes in the target and every time you use it it jams more spikes and does more damage.

Also the Venthyr one might be alright because it could ultimately become and additional damaging poison on top of instant or may do more damage. The numbers aren't final, they are clearly just copy pastes.

No one cares about the toxic blade/slaughter issue? Seems like as is it makes slaughter a dps loss in all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Here's your constructive criticism. These abilities do not fit my Rogue.

I would rather have something like

Ravenholdt Covenant

Covenant Ability: GOUGE

In other words, something that enhances the core fantasy of the Rogue class instead of another expansion of layered systems that dilute and pollute what we love about the core class.

FWIW I also hated Artifacts, Azerite, Corruption, etc. Just want playing my class to be fun again at a fundamental level.
    So you want a covenent that is not a covenent and you want a spell that is already a spell cool good job.

Yes, I don't want any of these covenants polluting the flavor of my Rogue I JUST WANT TO PLAY A ROGUE.

And that spell which is already a spell, HAD BEEN MY "4" KEYBINDING SINCE I DINGED LEVEL 6 IN 2005, UNTIL BLIZZARD STOLE IT FROM ME IN LEGION.

― Douglas Adams

look guys i just wanna have fun with my rogue main. i had a very terrible time from legion to bfa past two expansion got dragged through the mud and noone ever bothered to invite me to raid with them. so shadowlands will most likely be my last expansion after so many years of enjoyment. i don't think shoegazing is getting his way 100% but for the most part blizzard is doing their best to get things fun again for an active subscription. because i wanna subscribe to a game that is fun to play not all this loosing etc..
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

let's change it to, when you click this ability, you turn into a demon for 20 seconds that deals extra damage.

Should fit the class theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    look guys i just wanna have fun with my rogue main. i had a very terrible time from legion to bfa past two expansion got dragged through the mud and noone ever bothered to invite me to raid with them.
    Muti and outlaw performed very well on some fights in Ny'alotha and the eternal palace. Muti and outlaw were both great in BoD.
    Why were people not inviting you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    The Kyrian covenant ability is great, and varies your rotation. No one else's problem except yours that you don't like them, tbh. Thanks for the post though, really appreciated it, cheers
    There are too many ways for rogues of all specs to generate multiple combo points though. You think it's cool now until you need 4 points and skip from 3 to 5 points... twenty times per pull.

Then your tune will change.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Strange idea but you can always NOT click them ! you know dont even add them on your keybinds ^^
    Also if your shadowlands expirience is based on a single button maybe wow isnt for you and you better not play it anymore.
    Great arguments to combat his feedback...

Either don't use these spells which have a significant impact on your DPS or better just quit playing altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Yes, I don't want any of these covenants polluting the flavor of my Rogue I JUST WANT TO PLAY A ROGUE.

And that spell which is already a spell, HAD BEEN MY "4" KEYBINDING SINCE I DINGED LEVEL 6 IN 2005, UNTIL BLIZZARD STOLE IT FROM ME IN LEGION.
    Not wanting anything to change is slightly less productive than all the blizzard brown nosers in this thread who flip their shits whenever someone doesn't post sunshine and rainbows about the game.

Classic is over there, my dude. You already have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

OH NO NO NO NO NO.
    I will never understand the fuss about Shamans in BfA. Numbers/Output in early 8.0 aside, shamans (all 3 specs, but especially ele) were one of the most fun classes all the way through BfA. They also had an incredible toolkit.

tbh Shaman is not my main class or anything like that, but playing one was still super fun. Same shit with Warlocks in Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I will never understand the fuss about Shamans in BfA. Numbers/Output in early 8.0 aside, shamans (all 3 specs, but especially ele) were one of the most fun classes all the way through BfA. They also had an incredible toolkit.
    So much fun they completely reverted how maelstrom works in an expansion where every other class got almost no mechanical changes? So much fun they reverted how weapon imbues work in an expansion where every other class got almost no mechanical changes?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Great arguments to combat his feedback...

Either don't use these spells which have a significant impact on your DPS or better just quit playing altogether.
    His "feedback" shouldnt be on mmochampion his feedback should be on blizzard forums,he just wants to whine about something......... game feedback on mmochamp.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    His "feedback" shouldnt be on mmochampion his feedback should be on blizzard forums,he just wants to whine about something......... game feedback on mmochamp.......
    It would also be much better if, rather than reducing every ability to one sentence or less that portrays them in the worst possible light, they actually linked the abilities as is, so that folks could actually make their own judgment, and engage in something that actually resembles feedback, discussing how current abilties can be improved, instead of uselessly stating "Just get rid of all of the work that went into Covenants thus far, and make an entirely new system instead!", because if that's what you want, you're not only providing completely unusable feedback, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Anyway, if people wanted to ACTUALLY provide feedback on Rogue Covenant Powers, here they are, as of the latest build:

Kyrian: Echoing Reprimand: Deal (60% of Attack power) Arcane damage to an enemy, extracting their anima to Animacharge a combo point. Damaging finishing moves that consume the same number of your combo points as your Animacharge deal damage as if they consume 7 combo points. Awards 3 combo point.
    30 Energy. Melee Range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.
    I'm sure some folks will find this one enjoyable, as it does provide some variance to the rotation. However, it does have some rather adverse interactions with several rogue abilities and procs that generate multiple combo points, and can frequently mean you "miss" your anima charged point, and have to wait until next cycle to try again.

Venthyr: Slaughter: Slaughter the target, causing (95.472% of Attack power) Physical damage. The target's anima mixes with your lethal poison, coating your weapons for the next 5 minutes. Slaughter Poison deals Shadow damage over time and steals 15% of healing done to the target. This also awards 2 combo points.
    50 Energy. Melee Range. Instant. Requires Stealth
    This one is a little odd, and I'm personally not a huge fan of it. For one, that fact that it changes your poison to Shadow damage would seem to have adverse affects with several Assassination passives. Perhaps it's alright for PvP, at best, since the wording sounds like it reduces 15% of the enemy's healing, and gives it to you instead.

Necrolord: Serrated Bone Spike: Embed a bone spike in the target, dealing (60% of Attack power) Physical damage every 5 sec until they die. Attacking with Serrated Bone Spike causes all of your active bone spikes to fracture and strike your current target, increasing initial damage by 100% per spike.
    10 Energy. 30 yd range. Instant.
    I think the range aspect for this one is neat, and I could certainly see this one being quite fun in situations with sustained multiple targets. Considering it doesn't need to be refresh either, it could certainly see use in "Council" style fights, especially considering it can be used from a range. It also gives the Rogue a button to push when unable to engage in melee combat, since it has no CD, and seems to deal more damage per target afflicted. The tooltip for this one does seem unfinished, as it says it increases the initial damage per target afflicted, but doesn't list any initial damage elsewhere in the tooltip, so it's also possible this one might not be finished.

Night Fae: Sepsis: Finishing move that poisons a weakened foe's blood, dealing (12.53% of Attack power) Nature damage over 1 min. Can only be used on targets under 35% health. Sepsis generates 5 Combo Points and 25 Energy over 5 sec if it does not last its full duration.

1 point : [(375.9% of Attack power) * 2] over 8 sec
    2 points: [(375.9% of Attack power) * 3] over 12 sec
    3 points: [(375.9% of Attack power) * 4] over 16 sec
    4 points: [(375.9% of Attack power) * 5] over 20 sec
    5 points: [(375.9% of Attack power) * 6] over 24 sec

Note: this was missing from the Blizzard blog and therefore may be unused.
    Considering the last note from Wowhead, which I included as well, I think it's safe to say that this one is still a WIP, and may not be used, considering the duration seems to be dependant on CP, but it also says it lasts 1 min. Assuming the 1 min. thing is just a typo, I mean, it's an execute, it'll likely be coveted by raiders, if the tuning is decent, since the last phases of a fight tend to be the hardest. The CP/Energy generation on kill could also make it a powerful M+ ability, where it'll likely be ignored by WQ/PvP players, since, as the OP does point out, in the world, the generated CP/Energy is likely to be wasted running between mobs.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

So much fun they completely reverted how maelstrom works in an expansion where every other class got almost no mechanical changes? So much fun they reverted how weapon imbues work in an expansion where every other class got almost no mechanical changes?
    Changes are not always bad. Either way, what is your point?

If there's anything that matters it is that a class is fun to play and that it is useful. Shamans right now have an incredible toolkit and they are super fun to play...